1 2
BrianC72gt
BrianC72gt New Reader
4/8/19 3:15 p.m.

Here is an old, but still useful, tutorial for building a schedule 40 weld El turbo manifold.  I turbo'd my old miata following much of the info here:

http://www.sdsefi.com/techheader.htm

1SlowVW
1SlowVW Reader
4/8/19 3:51 p.m.

I used 1-3/4 ID weld elbows. Thick wall. I would have gone 2” but in some spots it would have been very tight.

I justified it to myself by saying there are spots in the stock truck manifolds that are much smaller than a smooth bent 1.75” and lots have people have made crazy power on stock manifolds.

ruhltodd
ruhltodd New Reader
4/15/19 10:38 a.m.

Made it to the shop for a little bit this weekend. Kind of uneventful, I finished mocking up the transmission crossmember, but didn't have enough time to weld it. Decided to save that for this week. I also started mocking up and taking measurements for the turbo hot side. I think these LS3 manifolds might work after all. I plan on running the exhaust tubing in front, under the oil pan and up to a merge. The area is pretty tight, but I took my measurements with the pitarm turned all the way right, just to make sure there is enough clearance for the steering still.

ruhltodd
ruhltodd New Reader
4/30/19 7:59 a.m.

Finished the turbo bracket and placement.

Hot side is 80% there.. need to finish some welding and placement for the wastegates. I would have finished the passenger side yesterday but someone forgot to grab the other 2.25" v-band sitting in my office.

ruhltodd
ruhltodd New Reader
6/2/19 6:25 p.m.

Been pretty bad at updating, but nothing too exciting. Just making progress on buttoning everything together. Started wiring the Holley Terminator X, installed a Holley Hi Ram, WARR throttle body. This will I'll be redoing all the fuel with 8an feed/returns and running a Magnafuel 4303 pump and Magnafuel boost referenced fuel pressure regulator.

Pretty nerve racking cutting into a nice painted fender.. I think of the 5 hours it took me, 4 of it was spent measuring. Measure once, cut twice.

ruhltodd
ruhltodd New Reader
6/6/19 8:35 a.m.

Decided to teach myself how to tig on this project. It's been a struggle (and still is.. I have the shakes pretty bad), however I find myself more excited to do it, and not as terrified anymore. I finished up my downpipe last night, welded the vband and bung for my wideband.

ruhltodd
ruhltodd New Reader
12/19/19 10:37 a.m.

Been a while since I've updated this, but I'm still chipping away. Let's see..

New wheels

Got it running and buttoned up.. ish

New seats..

Oh.. picked up another distraction for another time

Narrowed an 8.8 out of a 2011 vic with 3.27 LSD

New wheels mounted.. hated the stance so decided to fix it

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 UltraDork
12/20/19 9:16 a.m.

Amazing!

ebelements
ebelements Reader
12/20/19 9:39 a.m.

I was absolutely unprepared for the pictures after the the one with the empty bed.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/20/19 9:57 a.m.

I'm concerned about your door bars being too low, otherwise everything looks sweet

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RjhJDciMmEuzbmpduOInH7Em2MPXkjpQWcxwg4BFke4Jyb35kNl7TkTQqIxEzGNI