1 2 3
KonaBoss
KonaBoss Reader
5/12/20 7:13 a.m.

In reply to Dammit :

That is awesome! Didnt know AP made a kit for these era of volvos.

Dammit
Dammit Reader
5/12/20 12:40 p.m.

It's a fairly rare kit I think, but it was available from new on the 850 platform - the stock front brakes were famous for being able to stop the car from high speed once, but if you asked them to do it again you'd not get the answer you hoped for.

KonaBoss
KonaBoss Reader
7/13/20 12:09 p.m.

Hey everyone, bump for a thread that sadly died off!

I know it has been a while, so I wanted to give the final update on this car. So after getting everything up and running well, I went out and drove the car for a couple of days and really enjoyed it. Through owning the car I came to know several people in the Volvo community, and turns out one of them was looking for pretty much exactly this car. He made me an offer I couldn't resist, so it moved onto its new owner. I'm starting to find I really enjoy the thrill of the hunt in finding these oddball cars and bringing them back up from the dead moreso than actually owning them... Guess I'm weird...

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/13/20 12:14 p.m.

You aren't wierd for this place. I think most of is enjoy the hunt and save more than the own and drive. 

orthoxstice
orthoxstice New Reader
7/13/20 3:53 p.m.

I completely get that experience. Of the five P80 cars I've owned in the last decade I daily drove exactly one of them (by far the worst one). These cars in particular are easy to find cheap and needing only a little expertise and some expense to get them back on the road.

I think the most recent truck I bought was #32 for me and I'm 33 years old. Cars come and go and I agree that the real fun of them is the tinkering.

trumant (Forum Supporter)
trumant (Forum Supporter) Reader
7/13/20 4:33 p.m.

Just catching up on the thread now but what a gorgeous catch and release! I can see why someone was willing to offer you an irresistible price for it. What's next?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xS3PsLhRwpIW3UKQA9BCLGHuz7Gr2N0mwonDZ1bdT73Kn5w65HsbSgkAWHFlXbh0