1 2 3
T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
2/13/17 2:50 p.m.
Woody wrote:
wae wrote:
T.J. wrote: I must've missed whatever previous threads existing about this car, err truck, err Valamino. I like it.
My vote is "ValUte"
El Plymino.

Could also go with El Moparino.

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
2/13/17 3:13 p.m.

Valiantino?

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
2/13/17 3:13 p.m.

El Caholic?

maschinenbau
maschinenbau HalfDork
2/13/17 4:00 p.m.

In for pics of ECM's fresh new mullet

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
2/13/17 4:00 p.m.

Well, it appears to have been visited by someone today. I came home to find the tarp removed and the door not fully closed, not like I left it yesterday. Probably kids but who knows. Since it is a push button start I will not be leaving the key in it so if someone does try to steal it they can just zoom back and forth in the yard but not turn 90° to exit. Jeez.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
2/13/17 4:01 p.m.

In reply to maschinenbau:

Hey, I've been sporting a mullet for a while now...

Pattyo
Pattyo New Reader
2/13/17 6:17 p.m.

It sure is annoying when people mess with your things. I decided to quit locking the door because once I had a friend think the door was stuck and brake off the handle and another three times the local crack head would break my $50 window to steal my $20 head unit. Now I trust in a gps tracker and detachable steering wheel. Of course SWMBO "says who would steal that?!"

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
2/13/17 6:21 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo:

Manual?... for theft deterrence.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
2/13/17 7:23 p.m.

I always that it would be fun to hide a capacitance switch somewhere behind a smooth part of the dash. If it didnt sense you holding your hand there during starting, it wouldnt.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair UltimaDork
2/13/17 9:52 p.m.

In reply to RossD:

id wire it a little differently. And by a little differently I mean so it would tase your nutsack.

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Reader
2/13/17 10:57 p.m.

You guys are all barking up the wrong tree for the names.

Chevy had the El Camino. Ford had the Ranchero. Dodge had:

The Rampage.

Your name cannot be anything other than the 'Rampliant' (Pronounced: ramp-lie-ant)

bluej
bluej UltraDork
2/13/17 11:43 p.m.

In reply to AClockworkGarage:

Valmanche? (Jeep Commanche)

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
2/14/17 6:20 a.m.

Since it is a Valiant on an S10 chassis, Valamino really fits well. Fuses and key pulled this morning, so any visitors today will just have to make their own vroom vroom noises.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/14/17 6:41 a.m.

ECM, hide one of these under the seat or under the dash.

Cooter
Cooter HalfDork
2/14/17 8:29 a.m.
AClockworkGarage wrote: You guys are all barking up the wrong tree for the names. Chevy had the El Camino. Ford had the Ranchero. Dodge had: The Rampage. Your name cannot be anything other than the 'Rampliant' (Pronounced: ramp-lie-ant)

Plymouth had the Scamp.

Which, coincidentally, was what Plymouth called a variant of their A-Body Valiant from 71-76. So, does that mean this is a pre-Scamp Scamp?

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UberDork
2/14/17 8:52 a.m.

Call it the Plymouth Vamp. A Valiant Scamp!

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UltraDork
2/14/17 10:38 a.m.

In reply to Cooter:

I had a 76 Valiant Scamp it was essentially a Dart Swinger with a Valiant nose. Fun fact is that they used the same badge for the Lbody truck.

Cooter
Cooter HalfDork
2/14/17 12:17 p.m.

Of course they did.

CLynn85
CLynn85 HalfDork
2/16/17 9:10 p.m.

I'm sooooo jealous! We were just chatting a couple months ago about how cool it would be to do a valiant ute like the ones down under, then this pops up on the classifieds. Thank you for buying it so I didn't have to!

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
2/17/17 4:37 a.m.

In reply to CLynn85:

Thanks! Seller mentioned there was a guy in VA that had called about it, was that you?
I am excited about this project on so many levels. And she runs and moves under her own power which is a big improvement over my last orange project car.

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
2/17/17 5:18 a.m.

Tramp Scamp?

patgizz
patgizz UltimaDork
2/17/17 7:42 a.m.
akamcfly wrote: Tramp Scamp?

Put a butterfly above the rear bumper

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
2/24/17 8:14 p.m.

I decided on a whim to google the name and address of the PPO since I have the registration info. I was surprised but very pleased to find the Valamino in the Google street view. Pics of it in the wild!

Did a little more digging and found the estate auction where it was purchased by the PO. These shots show that it had truly been sitting for a while.

Finding a little history on this thing and how it came to be in the form it is currently in really intrigues me.

I was also able to locate the engine casting number, after spraying some WD40 and wrapping a stick with a shop rag I was able to clean it off enough to see what the number was:

According to this site this appears to be a 307, which was cast in 1968 and has two main bolts. Cast iron intake casting number seems to back this up.

Number from the door panel for future research into the original Valiant donor vehicle:

Now to get it up on some stands so I can locate the chassis number.

Pattyo
Pattyo New Reader
2/24/17 8:45 p.m.

Where are your priorities?! I need pics of a smoky burnout while one farmer-tanned arm hangs out the window flying the stars and stripes/holding a PBR/shooting a gun wildly into the air!

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 UltraDork
2/25/17 3:11 p.m.

I love the search into the car's history. If you don't mind please post what you find out!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CfDL5tgMs5rY7gItILC6Tv7IjIPMPSGYdd317nxNwwDxMxARKAUttFuygqBGDVj2