10 11 12
dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/28/22 9:23 a.m.
275nart said:

Mocking up the rear 

This reminds me so much of seeing the pictures from the 50's and 60's of the great Italian designers doing their clay models and prototype work very quickly to get approval for designs for manufacturers. So cool!

Nader
Nader New Reader
4/28/22 12:41 p.m.

Good thing you aren't me, because at this point, I'd just wrap it in aircraft fabric.

GasTungstenArc
GasTungstenArc Reader
4/28/22 1:04 p.m.

I'm eager to see the sheetmetal work start.  This is a very ambitious project, and I really enjoy it.  

275nart
275nart Reader
4/28/22 4:36 p.m.

Thanks y'all!  The first metal shaping will probably be the door jambs and frames

bentwrench
bentwrench UltraDork
4/28/22 6:37 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

"When all is going well, Tig is a very rewarding proccess. The rest of the time it makes you want to punch puppies."

I recall some primal scream therapy during my last TIG shenanigans.....

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
4/28/22 8:29 p.m.

In reply to bentwrench :

So true. If everything is going smoothly, TIG is a super-zen experience. The other 90% of the time, it makes me want to murder small furry woodland creatures.

275nart
275nart Reader
4/29/22 11:12 a.m.

I really enjoy TIG welding.  I still have yet to try Titanium but hopefully at some point?  No... no TI headers on this engine, I can't imagine what that would cost!    A nice helmet, lighting, clean materials, and being comfortable with your hand positioning really makes all the difference

CBaird
CBaird New Reader
6/23/22 1:43 p.m.

Bump. Any updates on this project? Once the wire frame started it got pretty exciting but it's been crickets for a while. Just checking in as I have this saved on my phone to check in on occasionally. 

275nart
275nart Reader
7/21/22 3:37 p.m.
CBaird said:

Bump. Any updates on this project? Once the wire frame started it got pretty exciting but it's been crickets for a while. Just checking in as I have this saved on my phone to check in on occasionally. 

I appreciate the interest in the project! Not really I've still been working on this 280z w/ 2jz swap so that takes up most of my time.  Hey I did get to weld some Titanium though and it was not that bad at all.  Realistically it willl probably be a few months before I'm back on the fauxrarri.  

10 11 12
Our Preferred Partners
yZ3C2U9MwKyq88NhgGBbIQHX0L8FPCWfmwzvYpBWrZ6VtNCUua7G9lZzppK1nLJH