110 111 112
4/12/21 12:42 p.m.

In reply to Shavarsh :

Mustang stuff.  The big alloy bracket is a placeholder for the AC bracket and pump .


No idea what the protrusion is, but if you need a measurement from point A to point B point it out and let me know.

Shavarsh Reader
4/13/21 1:14 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

Thanks, I'll send you a pm.

Racingsnake Reader
4/13/21 2:14 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

I'm confused about how the wrong coil caused the fuel geysering?

5/4/21 11:00 a.m.

And the beat goes on. Have to admit that as much as I love the style and chassis dynamics of the project, the drivetrain has been a bit of a bummer. But it is what it is and the core engine seems to be healthy, so its just the aftermarket stuff that seems to be junk.

Pardon the disarray since there has been a lot of wrenching going on lately to fix running, steering and exhaust issues.


Few new items to note here

With the Fitech EFI "IN THE BIN", there is a bypass regulator on the firewall..

The engine is on its second carb after tossing the Fitech TBI. The Holley 760 Street avenger had an on throttle stumble that could not be tuned out. \after spending a year on it and tearing it to its base parts looking for a problemm it ws decided that it is most likely a faulty unit even though it is new. It went "IN THE BIN".  So on went the Edelbrock. It is a 750 because that is what was at hand. Would have preferred a 600, but the goal is to see if the stumble changes with this carb. The Edelbrock fired right up and after setting the idle seems happy. Needs a road test and that is complicated by street access being plugged by a F2 stuck in the path to the road.


There is a new header in town. The SS tight tuck is "IN THE BIN" The old one was nicer looking SS but it was so close to the steering shaft that it left a mark where it occasionally rubbed.  It also had a leak at the header flange to exhaust pipe. The new headman header required that the DS exhaust be reconfigured under the car. Yay doing exhaust work  on axle stands! But look at all that clearance between the header and the steering shaft.  No more annoying feeling of the header hitting the shaft when powering around corners!


Speaking of steering, the depowered rack is "IN THE BIN" replaced by a manual rack. The results are encouraging in that there is a noticeable difference. If I decide that I want a bit easier steering, I think I could avoid the conversion to power steering by just going with a steering wheel that is larger than the Momo prototypo

Oil pressure and water temp are now properly calibrated thanks to the GRM family. I originally did not have the proper Miata transducers for those gauges. The oil pressure was pegged due to not having the somewhat rare transducer and the coolant temp read in the top range of the gauge with the transducer I had. 

No road test yet to see if the stumble issue is fixed but the car keeps getting more developed all the time. 



maschinenbau UltraDork
5/4/21 12:07 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

Curious about the depowered rack...did you take it apart and remove the seals, or just loop the lines? 

I love my Edelbrock carb. I've had their 550 in my El Camino for 15 problem-free years, even despite the ethanol boogeyman. 

5/4/21 12:12 p.m.

In reply to maschinenbau :

I did the rack depower according to the FM instructions. At lest I thing it was theirs, but yeah it came apart for seal removal and all that stuff. I did not weld the gizmo in the middle of the pinion.

fiestafrank New Reader
5/4/21 2:13 p.m.

Blackhawk this weekend

6/24/21 2:41 p.m.

Mrs NOHOME and myself have had enough of this lockdown no travel life. Declaring it essential mental health travel, we Thelma and Louie'd it to Stratford about an hour down the road for a stroll along the river. Beautiful day to be retired and out and about. Even ran into a long lost cousin who had to stop and look at the Molvo. Did not have the heart to tell him what was done to the  1800ES.


110 111 112
Our Preferred Partners