89 90 91
759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
1/19/19 6:58 p.m.

These last few posts are freeking incredible showing the amazing depth to be found in this paint job.....who needs a mirror go, look in the quarter panel......very well done my friend..

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
1/20/19 7:04 a.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

I had to go back and look; when I am in the shop all I see is a car that is getting covered in dust and feeling guilty about that!

The paint finish is "out of the gun" smooth. I have a friend who is into color sanding who will probably try and guilt me into spending 40 plus hours wet sanding the car and then polishing. Well see. I have been frantically putting chrome pieces on in hopes that that will change his mind on the subject;)

Pete

275nart
275nart New Reader
1/24/19 8:29 a.m.

Wow, Pete!  Really coming along nice!!!

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
2/13/19 1:04 p.m.

Wow..been a while since I updated. Truth is that nothing monumental will happen until I fire it up again but suffice to say I am still picking away at the thing.

The bad news is that I still need to find a "Gill"  that goes in front of the filler, for this side of the car.

Good news is that she has two Gills! Thanks CJ! Owe you a beer and a drive.

Much nicer!

The wiring is moving along, albeit slowly as I decipher what I have and figure out how to tame and adapt it to the Molvo needs. Thank god for the Miata factory wiring manual or it would be a lost cause. Even with, a rational person might have gone with an aftermarket harness, but I dont fit that bill.

The fuel points to the engine compartment are done. The fuel line runs inside the Miata frame rail under the car and snakes up at this point making for an elegant entry into the engine bay. Simple matter to connect to the FITECH using hard and braided lines from here.

Frustrating because it seems that everything I start has to stop because of something or other and then I jump around to half finish something else. Also not to be underestimated is the cash-flow for this stage of the project. Nickels and dimes for clamps and connectors and new batteries and AC pumps and hoses add up in a hurry! Regardless, driving season will be here soon and I am determined to drive it this spring.

Pete

CJ
CJ Reader
2/13/19 2:34 p.m.

Wow Pete, the car looks great!  Looking forward to a bev and a drive someday ;=)

TVR Scott
TVR Scott Reader
2/13/19 3:03 p.m.

Pete, who's your go-to supplier for wiring supplies/connectors/harness wrap/etc?  I've got some of that to do on the TVR, and I'd like to know your sources.

Any tricks and tips you can share?

Thanks!  Scott

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
2/13/19 6:47 p.m.

In reply to TVR Scott :

I am working with the Miata harness and  a lot of the connectores are stock Mazda. Harness wrap is just split loom either braided or convoluted, no magic.  I dont like to overwrap wires to where I cant at them when trouble shooting, so tend not to do the full electrical tape wrap of everything. 

Connectors are another thing. Just got some knockoff of the weatherpacs and not all that happy with them.  Still trying to mitigate that.

A lot of the connections are just spade connectors and those are easy enough to get. 

Pete

89 90 91
Our Preferred Partners
3XYOK98eeMk2zzmKWtf1dbk9zuI5kVlSGI3ajKEm6esFo1giyBF29DYsy93te88S