1 2 3 4
FSP_ZX2
FSP_ZX2 SuperDork
3/21/23 7:24 a.m.
2023BD said:
FSP_ZX2 said:
bobzilla said:

Per the other thread found and brought home a 2023 gravity gray forte gt manual. 

All the cool kids have Gravity Gray  GT

Thats the truth. smiley

What wheels are those? Got a more straight side shot?  I'm eying up some (similar looking) Advanti Hybris in 17x7.5 and doing 235/45-17s--have not pulled the pin yet though.

2023BD
2023BD New Reader
3/21/23 7:58 a.m.

They are Sport Edition A15-2 17x8 48mm offset with 235/45/17 Continental DWS06 plus

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/21/23 8:17 a.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon said:

Sounds like a nice ride and and I dig the color too!

Is the Kia "GT" comparable to Honda's Si badge?

So in the same color and zero add ons this is an Si:

Mine was stickered at $26215:

$3800 difference for the Honda name on the car. 

FSP_ZX2
FSP_ZX2 SuperDork
3/21/23 8:30 a.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

...and good luck getting a Si...and if you can, good luck at paying list. 

My GF has a 2020.  It sounds good and goes good but the seats are uncomfortable for anything over an hour and the infotainment and controls are not anywhere as good as the Kia.  The GT is one of the most naturally intuitive interiors I have seen in years.  Nearly everything is where you think it should be and works the way you think it should work. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/21/23 8:36 a.m.

In reply to FSP_ZX2 :

I agree but I've also been driving Korean cars for literally the last 20 years. I've been following along with their steady improvements so everything is where my brain expects it to be. The infotainment  is super intuitive. My only gripe is the lack of 3 knobs for the hvac. It's going to take time for me to figure out. 

FSP_ZX2
FSP_ZX2 SuperDork
3/21/23 8:38 a.m.

In reply to 2023BD :

Very handsome.

2023BD
2023BD New Reader
3/21/23 8:41 a.m.

There is one thing the Civic Si does have however, limited slip differential. I don't consider it worth $4000, not to mention all the Honda 1.5t head gasket issues due to stretched head bolts. Traction on the Forte GT does get tricky with the Racechip but the motor mount upgrades/inserts, GFB recirculating valve and the switch to the 235/45/17 DWS06 seem to have fixed most of my excessive traction issues. Wheel hop in 2nd was the most significant problem before. The 22mm Eibach rear sway bar is also helping to keep the chassis flat and allowing more power to be delivered before the inside front tire breaks loose. I like to drive with the traction and stability system turned off. You can do that by holding the traction button for about 5 seconds, first it will shut off traction and then stability control if you hold it long enough. With stability and traction on the powertrain seems to hold back a little power. 

2023BD
2023BD New Reader
3/21/23 8:49 a.m.
FSP_ZX2 said:

In reply to bobzilla :

...and good luck getting a Si...and if you can, good luck at paying list. 

My GF has a 2020.  It sounds good and goes good but the seats are uncomfortable for anything over an hour and the infotainment and controls are not anywhere as good as the Kia.  The GT is one of the most naturally intuitive interiors I have seen in years.  Nearly everything is where you think it should be and works the way you think it should work. 

You are dead on with the Civic seats and the perfect ergonomics of the Forte interior. My daughter had a 2021 Civic sport and hated it, traded it for a 21 Forte GT and was the best decision ever.  We have 4 of these new Forte's in the houshold now, 2 GT models a GT-line and a LXS. The GT-line and LXS easily get 35-40mpg, the GT's tend to be 30-35 mpg vehicles.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/21/23 8:52 a.m.

And there is an LSD option for this trans if you want, just not OE. 

2023BD
2023BD New Reader
3/21/23 8:58 a.m.

True about aftermarket LSD but I think I would make the jump to the Elantra N first even if they are ugly.

Not sure if you realized that the Forte GT ecu is programmed to make no power until oil is up to full temp. Before the temp needle is straight up it is like driving a non turbo charged vehicle, but once your at full temp it gets fun. Also if you have it available 93 octane does in fact make a difference in this motor. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/21/23 9:00 a.m.

In reply to 2023BD :

I knew about the oil temps ahead of time, this is a daily so 87 is fine. I'm tired of paying the premium for premium since the Rio can't live without it. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/21/23 9:11 a.m.

I wonder if this would work on a 1.6T car?

https://www.redlineautoparts.com/hyundai/veloster-n/2019-2020-hyundai-veloster-e-lsd-differential-assembly-12k-hv002/

The E-LSD on the N cars is external. 

automotiveflux
automotiveflux New Reader
3/21/23 9:24 a.m.

Very cool! I was considering selling a bunch of stuff and picking up the Canada only wagon version of this car... the Forte5 GT

2023BD
2023BD New Reader
3/21/23 9:32 a.m.
bobzilla said:

I wonder if this would work on a 1.6T car?

https://www.redlineautoparts.com/hyundai/veloster-n/2019-2020-hyundai-veloster-e-lsd-differential-assembly-12k-hv002/

The E-LSD on the N cars is external. 

Might fit but have no idea for sure. I doubt getting the electronics integrated would be possible. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/21/23 9:33 a.m.

In reply to automotiveflux :

In Mexico those are only sold with the DCT. Whats the Canuckistan market?

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/21/23 9:33 a.m.

In reply to 2023BD :

Nah, you're over thinking this. On or off... switch on the dash. 

2023BD
2023BD New Reader
3/21/23 9:39 a.m.
automotiveflux said:

Very cool! I was considering selling a bunch of stuff and picking up the Canada only wagon version of this car... the Forte5 GT

Do it, the hatchback might have been my choice if they sold them in the US. I personally love the utility.

automotiveflux
automotiveflux New Reader
3/21/23 9:58 a.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

As far as I'm aware they had a manual version up until this most recent refresh, now it's only DCT

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/28/23 8:20 a.m.

OK, 600 miles in. Last night I got a little frisky on the way home. one of the back roads has 3 90's back to back to back and I was running in Sport and had all the nannies off (that can be turned ofF). Car is very neutral for sure. Chucked it into that last right hander a little too fast and the rear stepped out and the power pulled me out. jus t no mess, no fuss no drama. 

This car is making me readjust  my reactions/actions for sure. 

FSP_ZX2
FSP_ZX2 SuperDork
3/28/23 8:42 a.m.

Still waiting to get the PS4s back on...keeping the "frisk" to a minimum on the winter shoes.  I'll be ordering a larger RSB at some point soon too.  That made a BIG difference on the Elantra Sport. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/28/23 8:48 a.m.

In reply to FSP_ZX2 :

Honestly, as it feels right now I think the rear bar would make it too twitchy. I would like to get that wheel gap under control.

FSP_ZX2
FSP_ZX2 SuperDork
3/28/23 11:05 a.m.

The ES came with a 15mm as I recall, and I put on a 19mm (Pierce Motorsports).  I believe the FGT has a 17mm OE.  I'll at least do the 19, and maybe a 21, which seems the "popular" choice.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/28/23 4:14 p.m.

apparently theres a 19, 20, 22 and 24mm rear bar available.

Huh..... this is going to get me in trouble.

dannyp84
dannyp84 HalfDork
3/28/23 6:12 p.m.

What's the LSD diff that's available for these ?

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/29/23 8:16 a.m.

In reply to dannyp84 :

quaife and Cusco offer them. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oQQvdJO2gICMBOf4pdcsHJ4juUlIwqXGdpItecoSqSqktXhlbvQ4ByfEWQ24wlSH