2 3 4
mccrimmon
mccrimmon New Reader
4/20/18 8:06 p.m.

Ok. Here are some pics of my version 2.0 dual 2.5" mid pipe. Still 3" high flow cats and merges down to dual 2.5" but now using a pair of 4" long flex joints, a standard X-pipe and a pair of 11" long vibrant bottle style resonators. I'm getting ready to build a new rear muffler option that consists of two Pypes M80 2.5" bullet mufflers. Right now I'm using my 18" dual in/out Magnaflow X-Core muffler. Sounds good but it's too much muffler to me. 

JBasham
JBasham HalfDork
4/26/18 3:18 p.m.

Wow, nice execution, I really like the look of it.

I did one with a SBF on a different plan, to make a track toy for as little money as I could manage, and keep the car very light.

I am at stock SBF power levels now and that's obviously no problem for the rear end.  But I'm going to raise them when I do the third draft of the car, so I'm wondering what you think about the diff and half-shaft situation, since you have huge power to it now.

I did my second draft of the car with exhaust like your second version, just a dual in/out muffler that has an internal X structure (Borla X Pro) and then pipes to the bumper.  I was worried about the Summit Main track noise limit but we tested it there just recently and it all turned out fine.  The flaggers really seemed to like it.  Here's a clip.

Hope to see you at Summit Point some time and give your suspension a workout.  Snailmont runs there too.

TimM
TimM New Reader
5/26/18 12:26 p.m.

We need some updates!

Maybe a rear wheel HP number???

wink

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
5/30/18 3:24 p.m.

Here to promote more updates.

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
8/22/18 8:43 a.m.

Lots of great ideas in here. How’s it treating you?

m3me
m3me
11/5/18 4:23 p.m.

In reply to mccrimmon :

I'm knee deep in an E36-LS project at the moment. I love the idea of lower NVH through factory bushings. Can you put me in contact with the guy in PA who did your mounts? Thanks in advance!

mccrimmon
mccrimmon New Reader
11/6/18 12:40 p.m.

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't updated this thread in a while. 

Posting pics to the thread from Photo Bucket is a PITA and always takes some time.

I've had some clutch issues with the car this year. Worst being my aluminum LW flywheel from SPEC decided it wanted to start to sling broken hardware all over the place in my bell housing. Thankfully it didn't tear up the rear engine cover or oil pan. I went back to my LS7 set up and now found it's downfall. That will be coming back out at some point.

The 383 needs some more air. The small 78mm LS1 TB is limiting it's ability. I plan to switch to a FAST 92mm intake and 92mm TB down the road.

The car made 412whp / 424wtrq with the small LS1 TB. The engine has a lot more in it. 

Exhaust wise I am very happy with what I've built. I took the pair of M80's off and fabricated my own x-pipe to mate shortly after my first x-pipe and then fabricated my own single wave canceling muffler using parts from other mufflers. So now my system is similar to a double helix system with 2 x-pipes and the sound is very similar to Corsa from my muffler.

I'll have to find time to try and get some pics loaded back up in this thread.

Thanks for reading 

Lof8
Lof8 Dork
11/6/18 12:51 p.m.

In reply to mccrimmon :

you can now load pics directly to the forum!  No photobucket needed.

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
11/11/18 4:35 p.m.

Mcc.....I just this afternoon read this.......WOW. Your's not mine ...the naked LS rocks. Also what rear gear are you running?

My CTS-V 6spd pulls 2350 @80 with a 3.73 rear rear. This is thread is now on my watch list.

mccrimmon
mccrimmon New Reader
3/23/20 7:29 a.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Hey. Sorry. Man I haven't logged into GRM in a long time. 

Current rear gear ratio is 3.46 ... I do have a 3.64 rear gear to go in at some point. It's a larger rear diff all together so I haven't gotten around to modding the rear sub frame to install it. Also will require a new driveshaft to be made.

Currently fighting clutch gremlins. I just wrapped up installing a stage 2 single disc clutch / LW FW combo from Monster. Not happy with the pedal engagement so I'll be re shimming the slave soon. It's within specs with the current shim but pedal engagement is very high.

Also just finished rebuilding my pedal assy and used a 7/8" bore side mount Wilwood MC for the clutch MC now. Seems to be working fine so far. 

Will have to post pics at some point. 

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
d9dJK6OGIWjwp9qzkrSIQpQgO8y9v9yLd0Vs7MVkTBEti08GVYAaR6e8WdHg31Yl