1 2
AaronT
AaronT Reader
2/19/21 8:01 a.m.
03Panther said:

In reply to Appleseed :

Hey, if health issues are gonna tak ya out... do it in a BIG way

A old ridin' bud of mine always said "I want to pull up to the pearly gates with the brake locked up, slidin' sideways, yelling 'man, what a ride' "

Was your old riding buddy Hunter S. Thompson?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/19/21 8:49 a.m.

Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

And...

It's better to be shot out of a cannon, than squeezed out of a tube.

GB
GB New Reader
2/21/21 7:34 a.m.

Woof

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
2/21/21 12:55 p.m.
AaronT said:
03Panther said:

In reply to Appleseed :

Hey, if health issues are gonna tak ya out... do it in a BIG way

A old ridin' bud of mine always said "I want to pull up to the pearly gates with the brake locked up, slidin' sideways, yelling 'man, what a ride' "

Was your old riding buddy Hunter S. Thompson?

No, and I’m sure ol’ doc wesley never read anything of his. ‘Course I heavily paraphrased ol’ doc, to protect the sensitive. 

Now if Mr Thompson hung out with any old school scooter jockeys, he may have heard of wesley....

Very little can be said, that someone else has not said in the past thousands of years. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
2/21/21 11:26 p.m.

A friend knows the owner and he is facing some sort of surgery that will keep him from being able to "ever get into a sports car again"

As a recent Miata owner with serious back problems who also owns a motorcycle it makes sense to me.  Sorta.

If you can do that to a car, seems like you could modify the car to your particular needs.  I also understand that if you got that far and dont want to compromise your vision, selling it to get it off your mind makes sense too

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/22/21 8:56 a.m.

yeah, I understand listing a reason for selling in a post (because I always ask folks when I'm buying - if nothing more than for chit chat, but many times you'll get a good story about the owner and the car), and I also don't blame people for maybe not being entirely honest with themselves about their reason for selling. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/22/21 9:34 a.m.

Reminds me of my neighbor's slammed Geo.  Wheels are out to the corners, low CG, liberated intake & exhaust; what's not to like?  If only the body was fiberglass.

nocones
nocones UberDork
2/22/21 11:11 a.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

I did not need to see this seeing how a 1987 Samurai is about to be delivered to my house..  

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
c71mmG6UmPfZuJNbPJBdPs1fXBlrRMowdc3f5IEfDwk4aB81ljNRAo6b83tsxZCk