svxsti
svxsti Reader
11/22/20 12:27 a.m.
Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) HalfDork
11/22/20 12:31 a.m.

Looks clean for what it is, but yikes these seemed like $12K just a couple years ago. 

Interior doesn't look hacked apart for extra gauges or "racing seats", which is a good sign.  No engine bay shots, but if you go to look at it in person, stock airbox is a good sign vs. mushroom filters.  It will feel about as fast as an E46 330i if it's stock and in good shape.  On the GTR's, coilpacks and heat are an issue, but I don't know about the GTS-T's.  RWD, so less drivetrain issues to worry about. 

RabidBullFrog
RabidBullFrog New Reader
11/22/20 1:50 a.m.

Its got the dash bubble which all of them seem to have. Mine is just starting to bubble and I'm not looking forward to having to look for a new dash. Ya they seem to have gone up in price a couple of years ago. 2 door GTS-T used to be 15k. I got my GT-R for that price 3 years ago but I found a really good deal.

simontibbett
simontibbett Reader
11/23/20 12:39 p.m.

But why? 

bmw88rider (Forum Supporter)
bmw88rider (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
11/23/20 2:09 p.m.

I would have a really hard time paying that much for that car. I'm seeing R33 GTS25-T Coupes with the better motor and styling I like much better for 21K. I would gladly pay the extra $2500 

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia SuperDork
11/23/20 5:32 p.m.

did they ever make Left Hand Drive Skylines ?

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) HalfDork
11/25/20 3:32 p.m.
californiamilleghia said:

did they ever make Left Hand Drive Skylines ?

To my knowledge, not until the R35.

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/25/20 3:53 p.m.

In reply to Flynlow (FS) :

The Kenmeri Skyline generation was (IIRC) the only one other than the R35 that was sold outside Japan as the Datsun 240K. I believe that one was available in LHD as well.

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) HalfDork
11/25/20 3:59 p.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) :

Ah, completely fair.   I was only thinking of the R32, R33, R34 cars, not the earlier ones.  Good call!

Vajingo
Vajingo Reader
11/30/20 5:36 p.m.

It's only worth it if you believe in paying for hype. That's all the skyline is, a hype car. When you can buy one of these in Japan for less than 5000 bucks, it's really hard to stomach paying that much, just because it came over on a boat. You can technically build your own version of a skyline here for a lot less money than that.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FmqsEcMWVzR2CMYy6gDnHNu4Ao1FhWR4dkQWBpWYbZt5P3m5TUdIpOQMuS6KeBH4