Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
1/19/20 5:37 p.m.

NMNA, but if I was closer I'd probably go and look at it. I wonder how difficult crafting new headlight housings would be...

Facebook marketplace link

Cadillac part is rough, Superior part is in fair shape. 40 Chevy will work as a doner to fix. Same wheel base as a long bed extended cab Chevy. 13ft. Too many projects!

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
1/19/20 6:35 p.m.

Damn I love a LaSalle grill and waterfalls. 

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
1/19/20 8:30 p.m.

Not a "Cadillac LaSalle" Just a LaSalle.

LaSalle is one step down from Cadillac, the engine is a smaller version but the parts interchange.

What '40 Chev would be a donor? I've worked on both, they look similar but they're not the same.

The glass is flat glass so that's easy but it's a hearse, you'd be upside-down on value pretty quickly.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
1/19/20 8:36 p.m.

Sounds like a truck chassis swap is the way to go, assuming the seller is telling the truth about the wheelbase match

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
1/19/20 9:39 p.m.
ShawnG said:

The glass is flat glass so that's easy but it's a hearse, you'd be upside-down on value pretty quickly.

Anybody who builds this is planning on using it to take them to their final resting place. Well, that'd be my plan, anyhow.

There was an old hearse closer that got sold out from under me. If I had something that could tow this and a trailer to put it on, I'd probably buy it. 

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
1/20/20 7:22 a.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy :

That would be my plan also. Maybe we should form a 39 LaSalle Co-op that way it won't be sitting around just waiting on one funeral. 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
1/20/20 2:27 p.m.

I asked a few questions:

1. Do you have the headlight pods?  Yes

2. How awful is the floor?  Pretty awful

3. Is the engine in place?  Most of it

So, as expected, it's probably best dropped on a pickup frame, with the body used as a template for a complete build around it.

In other words, a huge project. 

Is anybody reading this near Jefferson, GA with enough free time to go put eyes on it?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UfGBexuKWLc21Hxe8dtHSSefuRdO5CiZ3dD9mtwCpRDnA7BNWeDoBLT6BePX7ksm