hobiercr
hobiercr SuperDork
6/15/19 12:34 p.m.

NMNA

1971 Mercedes 280S

Seller states -

"1971 Mercedes Benz 280S M130 inline 6 cylinder with twin Zenith carburetors. Column shift automatic. It does have rust on the underbody, rocker panels, inner fenders, and doors. No holes in floor or trunk. The vehicle last ran in early 2018. With fresh fuel and a charged battery it will run. I bought it with a bad engine and swapped a donor over from a 1972 280S Japan spec car(I have picture documentation on that car as well). 

New parts include: alternator, ignition module, ignition coil, cap, rotor, points, condenser, front brake calipers, brake booster, master cylinder, 3 tires, front lower bumper/radiator support, and more. The radiator was removed, cleaned, and repaired due to a leak. The fuel tank was removed and cleaned with Eastwood tank cleaner and sealer. A new fuel strainer was installed. The fuel is old and will need to be drained. The interior is in good condition for its age.

The car ran and drove as I used it in my wedding in 2014. I've since bought a newer project and don't want to see this one go to waste. 

Line to rear brakes is currently blocked off due to the line developing a leak and me not having time to replace it.

The air conditioning does not work. The compressor is not hooked up and the blower motor does not work. The radio does not work. There are interior accessories that need work. 

All exterior lights, horns, power windows, and windshield wipers work. 

It will make a good project car or excellent parts car. I have lots of spare parts to include also. THIS CAR WILL TAKE SOME WORK TO MAKE IT ROAD WORTHY. 

Title is in hand. Mileage is unknown.

This is NOT a perfect car by any means. It has rust. 

$1,500obo CASH ONLY IN PERSON!!!!!!

SOLD AS IS---NO WARRANTY

It will need to be towed out of my driveway

No you can't send me a check and have your movers pick it up..."

jfryjfry
jfryjfry Dork
6/15/19 3:42 p.m.

That is awesome.  Is it sacrilege to imagine a sr20det or ls or ?? In there???

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4pXj8Ve9raeEVowfFHAdoOLq6lQ4n5JhLc9mMf0TMWFdifn8E3vOn36EZfXgRGMN