1 2
hobiercr (FS)
hobiercr (FS) SuperDork
6/23/20 12:21 p.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

Did not know that for the fronts. Also, I still have an 80 something project Alfa spider around here somewhere. No drivetrain but full suspension and 15" steel wheels. Not sure how much would transfer over.

Edit. Just found another ad for the car with different picts.

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/d/interlachen-1975-alfa-romeo/7145816410.html

According to the map, this is East of Gainesville. Really close to race site.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) UltimaDork
6/23/20 12:26 p.m.

I love how y’all are building a car no one has seen in person yet. It’s the GRM way. 

hobiercr (FS)
hobiercr (FS) SuperDork
6/23/20 12:52 p.m.

For those of you hunting for parts. Car "should" have a 1.8L twin carb engine, double wishbone and torsion bar front suspension, De Dion transaxle with Watt's linkage and inboard brakes.

Fairly comprehensive Wiki

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
6/23/20 4:24 p.m.

In reply to hobiercr (FS) :

These cars were 2 liters and SPICA injection for the US market. No carb cars sold here new. No 1750s. Many converted to Webers later on. Almost no Spider parts fit. Even the crank shaft is different. Wheels are 4X98 mm as previously noted Spiders and other earlier Giulias/Giuliettas are not.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) UltimaDork
6/23/20 6:36 p.m.

Well there's no Alfa behind my truck. Update when I get back to Jacksonville. 

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/23/20 6:52 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

It rusted off the trailer?

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) UltimaDork
6/23/20 8:07 p.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) :

To rusty for me to even put on a trailer. Apparently the ad pictures were taken when he bought the car.  Here's what I saw.

Motor wouldn't turn. Brake MC frozen solid.  Basically I think y'all would kill me if I showed up with this as a parking lot build.

Guy does have unusual taste. Here's his Yugo.

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/23/20 8:15 p.m.

Yikes, that's pretty bad even by Alfetta standards.

gumby (Forum Supporter)
gumby (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
6/23/20 8:16 p.m.

Good. Now go work on a T or something wink

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) UltimaDork
6/23/20 8:26 p.m.

In reply to gumby (Forum Supporter) :

Yeah yeah I know ... soon.

EDIT and then I saw the 914 ad ...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
6/23/20 8:32 p.m.

Who do people think they're going to "get" with the totally unrepresentative picture move?  Nothing makes me bail on a transaction faster, good move.  Sorry your time was wasted.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) UltimaDork
6/23/20 8:34 p.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

Yeah I made a new rule of I'll always ask if pictures are current before driving.  

03Panther
03Panther HalfDork
6/24/20 1:23 a.m.

How long a drive did he stick ya with? If he thinks posting those pic's is OK, asking prolly wouldn't help!

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) UltimaDork
6/24/20 5:48 a.m.

It was an hour and a half each way. Really no big deal as it gave me something to do. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
6/24/20 5:50 a.m.

If you want revenge, I have a parts car I can sell him- sure, it's disassembled and a little cut up, but hey it was complete in the pictures from when I bought it!

Stampie (FS) said:

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

Yeah I made a new rule of I'll always ask if pictures are current before driving.  

Good rule. 

I have an unhealthy desire to use one of these as a drivetrain donor for a Locost/Track T/ something something build. That car would be expensive at $100.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MEs0UgDpBgGdCpDI3aVg0SGHXKov4vT6qSl1oR4ggqzVvDAqs79KASvOQA8E4Mr7