Poor lil fella.

billstewartx
billstewartx Reader
4/12/22 9:48 p.m.

Oh My Brain ...

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
4/12/22 9:51 p.m.

That needs the VIN transferred to a new shell. Cost effective to repair this isn't, and if it is really a 76, also not exactly desirable.

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
4/12/22 10:58 p.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim :

He, like many advertiser's , either he doesn't know the definition of rare, or does not care... 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
4/13/22 12:13 a.m.

I think it can legitimately be called rare. That's just not the same as desirable. 

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
4/13/22 1:36 a.m.

Rare by Websters has a few meanings, and that does kinda meet one, but the usage I'm making fun of always implies the desirable part.
Any mini does not have the production numbers of say, a ford truck, but they are not exactly hens teeth. 
Not anywhere near "rare" enough to justify that ad!

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/13/22 7:38 a.m.

I agree you're basically buying (in theory) a clean US title along with some engine and suspension components. Mini Mania in the US sells complete replacement shells from Heritage in the UK, but they are over $20K.  However, that looks like an 850 engine, which I personally wouldn't install in a Mini that needs that much work, so tack on another $10K for an remanufactured engine/trans combo suitable for US roads. Now you're well past what it would cost to buy a pretty nice Mini from the current used market. 

I'd say this heap is worth between $500 and $1000, and that assumes the suspension and drivetrain bits can be salvaged for parting out and the seller has some of the other parts not shown.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
4/13/22 3:00 p.m.

Jesus, no. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
4/13/22 3:12 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

To me, rare = scarce. They might have built a lot of them, but there aren't all that many left. This is particularly true in the US.  It could be argued that this example is one of the ones that is no longer extant :)

billstewartx
billstewartx Reader
4/13/22 7:52 p.m.

as Murilee Martin sez... Rare does NOT equal Valuable... 

79rex
79rex HalfDork
4/14/22 2:36 p.m.

poor little car has a sad look about it

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AJviZc3VobLjc0IINq7zZsRVJnafYD4acJ3KOnYwtKyzwzwgCbH4Fym2jj5epsd5