fujioko
fujioko Reader
6/15/14 9:46 a.m.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SOLD! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Fourth of July weekend sale ......$3850

1979 Triumph Spitfire 1500.

Originally from southern California. Always garaged. ZERO rust. 75,000 miles

four speed with electric overdrive (5 speed)
Hard top, soft top
Seats are real leather.
Walnut dash.
Just serviced.
Currently registered and insured.
New tires.
New battery

This un-restored survivor is a real attention getter. It has been enthusiast owned and maintained for past 15 years. Parts are affordable and available from several different venders. Insurance and registration are dirt cheap.

Within the last 5000 miles the car has had the following work done.

Re-cored radiator.
New clutch
New u-joints
Rebuilt rear suspension
Rebuilt front suspension Rebuilt brakes.
All new wheel bearings
Plus a lot more.

Asking price includes a stockpile of parts. Extra engine with 55K miles, Extra four speed transmission with 70K miles. Plus many small parts.

Priced to sell.

fujioko@gmail.com

Recent U-tube video of the car getting put back together after the transmission service. The car is simple to work on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtTll4lAg4c

bastomatic
bastomatic SuperDork
6/15/14 12:25 p.m.

Jesus I was hoping this wasn't available. I was trying to talk my Dad into buying it but it wasn't the right time. Guess I'll talk to him today about it again, as he just brought up buying an LBC.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
6/15/14 8:07 p.m.

That's a great price for that car. Looks like its been lowered and the horrid bumpers have been upgraded to the chrome ones. GLWS

Woody
Woody MegaDork
6/15/14 8:59 p.m.

Wow, that is a seriously nice Spitfire! Looks like a bargain.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
6/16/14 12:08 p.m.

Damn, do I wish I could buy this car... and had a place to park it.

fujioko
fujioko Reader
6/27/14 11:17 a.m.

Still available,

If the weather is nice this weekend I'll shoot some video of the car in action.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
6/27/14 9:44 p.m.

Gah!!! You're killing me. I want this car so bad...

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UberDork
6/27/14 10:05 p.m.
Ian F wrote: Damn, do I wish I could buy this car... and had a place to park it.

This, I have it worse, living not far from it.

fujioko
fujioko Reader
6/28/14 7:47 a.m.

Kenny and Ian,

Sorry for causing you folks unnecessary stress.

Here is a picture of the solid rust free floors to help ease your mind.

Oh, and here is a shot of the walnut dash that adds a bit of class to this hard to find, highly coveted rust free Spitfire.

These pictures were taken when the ultra desirable J type overdrive was serviced a month or so ago. The interior is back in the car and it call out for a willing driver.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
6/28/14 8:25 a.m.

You are an evil man...

On Monday I'll have to crunch some numbers... For me, the main issue really is storage more than money. I have 5 cars now, two broken, one long-term project (living outside) and realistic indoor storage for 2 (plus one in a temp garage). So if I bought this I'd have to rent a garage in the local u-store-it place.

fujioko
fujioko Reader
6/28/14 9:49 a.m.

In reply to Ian F:

Storage is my biggest problem with this car. It demands premium space in the garage.

That hardtop is sexy!

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
6/28/14 1:54 p.m.

Oh crap. I just read the first post again and saw it includes a spare engine. Which would really come in handy for resurrecting my ex'g/f's '79 Spit. Where are you in MI? I have a Spitfire buddy who lives not too far from Detroit. Brown isn't my favorite Spit color, but just about everything else about the car I like: chrome bumpers (OE or conversion?), the late angled radiator (easier servicing), obviously the matching hardtop...

fujioko
fujioko Reader
6/28/14 2:58 p.m.

The Spitfire is located in Jackson Michigan. That's about 25 miles west of Ann Arbor or 60 miles west of Detroit metro Airport. Your Spitfire friend is more than welcome to give the car a good look-over.

The chrome bumpers were a retrofit I did about ten years ago. The silly rubber bumpers had too go.

The spare 1500 is a '78 non air injection and was running when pulled. The engine has been taking up yet more premium space in my garage. It is complete except for the distributor. It even has the Cadillac converter on it.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UberDork
6/28/14 5:17 p.m.
fujioko wrote: It even has the Cadillac converter on it.

Why would anybody install a tiny sports car engine in a Cadillac?

fujioko
fujioko Reader
6/28/14 11:42 p.m.

In reply to Datsun1500:

Good question,

The parts hoard adds little value to the car but is a big selling point. If you wanted the car without the junk I could flex a little bit, but the car is already dirt cheap. Figure $200.00 less.

Jim

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
6/29/14 6:18 a.m.

I want the car and all of the parts (actually need the spare engine). It's the getting the everything from MI to SE PA that may be the tricky part.

fujioko
fujioko Reader
6/29/14 7:32 p.m.

I made sort of an action video on the Spitfire. Didn't do any Dukes of Hazards type stunts but I did capture some cool shots.

http://youtu.be/tNQjEaROvf4

fujioko
fujioko Reader
7/2/14 10:00 p.m.

Fourth of July weekend sale!

That's right folks, here is your chance to own an epic British roadster at an incredibly insane price of $3850.00. You will never find a Spitfire this clean at this price.

lock stock and barrel! It all goes!

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
7/3/14 7:10 a.m.

Yowsa, that's a nice price! GLWS!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair UltimaDork
7/3/14 10:02 a.m.

trade for pimptacular E12 that's not nearly as nice, but is totally OK with being parked outside?

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
7/3/14 10:41 a.m.

GAAAAHHH!!!!

I'll give you a definitive yes/no answer by the end of Sat if nobody buys it before me.

fujioko
fujioko Reader
7/4/14 8:07 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair:

An E12 is certainly interesting, however I'm flush with projects right now. Thanks for the offer!

I'm more or less home all weekend if anybody wants to take a look at the car.

Jim

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
7/6/14 7:36 a.m.

You have a message.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 HalfDork
7/6/14 10:21 a.m.

I guess I'm a little late.

Jim is good beeble- buy with confidence!

And Jim, if I can assist in delivering the car please let me know! I owe you one...

fujioko
fujioko Reader
7/6/14 7:41 p.m.

In reply to paranoid_android74:

Hi 'ya Brian,

Thanks!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dktkBrEBD5BDSukleSOPpQLhPijlLxgTWXnWWmcLhqBXTKjOpsa9oSdOIDNan5CN