1 2 3
AWSX1686
AWSX1686 SuperDork
12/27/18 1:28 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

Ahh, yes it does say that. Maybe that's my subconscious saying that's a bad idea...

Stampie
Stampie UberDork
12/27/18 1:49 p.m.

I know there's someone sitting there saying "But there's only 63 cents left in budget!"

Here's Challenge math for you.

Buy AMC $1999.37

Buy LS doner $500

Sell 5.0 and trans from AMC $500

Sell parts from doner $500

You've maxed out recovery at $1000 with the AMC budget at $1499.37 and have $500.63 left over for nitrous and turbos.

At least that's how I'd do it if I were buying it. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/27/18 1:53 p.m.

Sale is pending to Robbie and ian.

Just waiting for dallas to call me back so i can fill him in. Him and his fiancee are buying a minivan at the moment....

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
12/27/18 2:16 p.m.
Stampie said:

I know there's someone sitting there saying "But there's only 63 cents left in budget!"

Here's Challenge math for you.

Buy AMC $1999.37

Buy LS doner $500

Sell 5.0 and trans from AMC $500

Sell parts from doner $500

You've maxed out recovery at $1000 with the AMC budget at $1499.37 and have $500.63 left over for nitrous and turbos.

At least that's how I'd do it if I were buying it. 

Trade wing for used drag tires on mustang wheels...

Stampie
Stampie UberDork
12/27/18 2:46 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

I know someone that happens to have used drag tires and mustang wheels. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
12/27/18 2:48 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

Rules allow 4 free tires, so you could legit show up on sticker A7’s plus what Stampie listed, at the same price Stampie listed.  berkeley!

maschinenbau
maschinenbau Dork
12/27/18 2:55 p.m.

...what size used drag tires and wheels? I'm in the market.

Stampie
Stampie UberDork
12/27/18 3:06 p.m.

In reply to maschinenbau :

28x I think 9s and 17 inch wheels.  Let me think of I'm ready to get rid of them yet.

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
12/27/18 3:11 p.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to Robbie :

I know someone that happens to have used drag tires and mustang wheels. 

Ian still has those mustang GT wheels you sold him at the 2017 challenge... his LS1 240sx is all swapped over to nissan 5 bolt stuff so he has a lot of 5x4.5.

but yes - we do know who to call when the time comes!

Stampie
Stampie UberDork
12/27/18 3:12 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

IIRC he got some 315 drag tires with those wheels ...

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
12/27/18 8:50 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Sale is pending to Robbie and ian.

Just waiting for dallas to call me back so i can fill him in. Him and his fiancee are buying a minivan at the moment....

Thank the cone gods!

RACEC4R
RACEC4R New Reader
12/28/18 12:41 a.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Just a heads up to all (this is Ian) this is 1000% staying in the Challenge family. In talking to Mike it looks like a few small powertrain items need to be addressed (am powertrain engineer) so she's in good hands. Thankfully the chassis is done, as I am a solid mediocre to poor chassis fab guy.

Hope to get them sorted, so some test and tune, then bring her down this year. 

I do have a ton of LS stuff from my 240 swap, so maybe LS swap in the future...

But really this is a car to campaign while we finish our GSX19 Fiat Frankenstein.

RACEC4R
RACEC4R New Reader
12/28/18 12:42 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Ummm, hell yeah I do! 

Waiting for this exact storm to take shape! 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
12/28/18 6:19 a.m.

So..... Is this going to live at Robbie's or Ian's? 

Just asking, because I've been known to drive up to Chicago for a hours worth of wrench time. wink

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
12/28/18 8:05 a.m.

 

SO,    NAY SAYER'S,   HOW'S BUYING A FINISHED CAR LOOKING NOW !!!!!!!!, 

           Enter ( bass drums and Star war's Music) 1 Fiero,  Nearly done again.

I do remember getting Greif about not building from Scratch, to get there, And hey, I Still am not there.

  Can't get the I S C to read, and spending too much Time on Final izin' the Vette drivetrain. It should make the Scratch built Camp Happy

 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/28/18 8:09 a.m.

Dallas fiancee had a death in the family while they were car buying yesterday. 

Hell be calling you hopefully today, ian. 

I apologize for the inconvenience. 

 

And im looking around my place for leftovers from the car as well....

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/28/18 8:25 a.m.
GTXVette said:

 

SO,    NAY SAYER'S,   HOW'S BUYING A FINISHED CAR LOOKING NOW !!!!!!!!, 

           Enter ( bass drums and Star war's Music) 1 Fiero,  Nearly done again.

I do remember getting Greif about not building from Scratch, to get there, And hey, I Still am not there.

  Can't get the I S C to read, and spending too much Time on Final izin' the Vette drivetrain. It should make the Scratch built Camp Happy

 

Who gave you grief?  

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
12/28/18 10:02 a.m.

Hurray.  Ian carries the torch with plans to make it even brighter!

stafford1500
stafford1500 HalfDork
12/28/18 10:31 a.m.

glad to see the AMC is getting a second chance at glory. if you need further info than the build thread or Dusterbd, then send questions my way. I may be able to recall some details too.

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
12/29/18 9:45 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Might have been Imiaginatin' that

Not too worry, I have an Awesome Car In the Fiero, and will be able to use it in about any Venue I want .  Thinking Endurance as well as Challenge

  The Vette is a Stretch, Wish I had Started a couple years ago, I have sold parts that I now need, Bought some I don't, I can see It in My Head now and can divide the work Into Sections.

         So very Happy for the new Owner(s)     

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/29/18 10:40 a.m.

Apparently dallas/ian/robbie have the deal worked out!

Stafford1500, myself, and the build thread are all open resources for tgem.

I truly hope this thing comes back in October and kucks my ass......

Stefan
Stefan MegaDork
12/29/18 1:21 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

 kucks my ass......

Are we still not doing phrasing?

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/29/18 1:34 p.m.

Typos are gonna be the death of me....

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
12/29/18 6:55 p.m.
Indy-Guy said:

So..... Is this going to live at Robbie's or Ian's? 

Just asking, because I've been known to drive up to Chicago for a hours worth of wrench time. wink

Probably Ian's, but it's not like Detroit is much different distance from Indy...

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
12/29/18 6:58 p.m.
Stefan said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:

 kucks my ass......

Are we still not doing phrasing?

In a few weeks, you'll be able to Google that phrase at work and this thread will be literally the only result link that isn't blocked.

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
GGH2d5FfJBCSvTJtoLjf2ZT4J9wAcvShijCOu6B5kxJyJNgh6SkyU37ErrZswOHu