dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
9/8/19 12:51 p.m.

Old Price: $3500

New price: $3000

I bought this car locally from the 2nd owner. He bought the car in 1984, as a street car and slowly built it into a dedicated race car over the next 35 years. The first entry in the SCCA solo logbook is from 08/1993. There is also a SCCA time trial logbook. I bought the car earlier this year, thinking it was time to jump into W2W racing, but pretty quickly realized that it's not the right time yet. 

Overall, the car is in good condition. 93k miles on the odo. The original 12a (included in the sale) was pulled many years ago and replaced with a street ported 13b from an FC. No clue on the HP in its current configuration. The car fires up and idles, runs, drives, shifts, stops, etc. That said, I haven't done anything other than drive it around the block. It does have a bit of a leak at the header, and the muffler has seen better days. All that to say that it's loud right now. The PO was given a friendly warning at the last track day he did at the FIRM last fall. 

Tons of spares - extra set of wheels, a few diffs, the aforementioned 12a, window net, spare engine bits, etc. 

With the Challenge coming up, I thought someone might be interested in taking this thing home. Can deliver it to the Challenge. 

 

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
9/8/19 12:51 p.m.

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
9/8/19 7:30 p.m.

In theory, separate receipts could be written for this transaction - $2000 for the car and $2000 for the spares package. Fly and drive for the Challenge? 

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
9/8/19 7:46 p.m.

I absolutely positively didn't need to see this right now.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
9/8/19 10:25 p.m.

What in tarnation is going on with the ignition wires?!?

GLWS, that is a smoking good deal!! (Trade for a Bronco?)

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
9/8/19 10:34 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

IIRC it's a mod to get coil per plug on the leading plugs with standard distributor setup on the trailing.

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
9/9/19 8:32 a.m.
MrJoshua said:

In reply to Javelin :

IIRC it's a mod to get coil per plug on the leading plugs with standard distributor setup on the trailing.

MrJoshua knows much more about these cars than I do, and has seen the car in person. I'll take his opinion over mine!

No full-sized Bronco trades. Sorry!

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
9/9/19 8:54 a.m.

Under the assumption that all race cars are projects, how much of a project is this one other than the exhaust issues?

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
9/9/19 2:12 p.m.

The only issue other than the exhaust that I know about is the starter. The car is set up with a push button start. It takes a very generous amount of cranking to get the car running. That said, I have not tracked the car, so I'm going off what the PO shared with me.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
9/9/19 8:01 p.m.
dyintorace said:

The only issue other than the exhaust that I know about is the starter. The car is set up with a push button start. It takes a very generous amount of cranking to get the car running. That said, I have not tracked the car, so I'm going off what the PO shared with me.

It was not a worrisome amount of cranking to start in my book. It started like a 2 barrel carbed ported rotary from my observations. Not the best setup for instant cold starting.

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
9/11/19 7:54 a.m.

Someone coming to the Challenge needs to take this home!

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
9/22/19 7:27 p.m.

Offers welcome

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
9/26/19 8:21 p.m.

Price drop - $3500

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
10/5/19 7:08 p.m.

Bump. I'd really like to sell this car here, rather than have to deal with CL or FB marketplace. :(

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
10/11/19 3:23 p.m.

Weekend bump

DoritoKing
DoritoKing
12/29/19 6:43 p.m.

83 sold?

pizzaman1
pizzaman1 Reader
4/19/20 7:13 a.m.

Has the car been sold ? 

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) Reader
4/19/20 10:27 a.m.

Why is the rollcage front leg on the passengers side mounted in the middle of the footwell?

dyintorace (Forum Supporter)
dyintorace (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
4/19/20 11:05 a.m.

Sold several months ago. And no clue why the cage was built that way. I found it odd too, and it was one of the reasons I sold the car. The placement precluded the addition of a passenger seat. 

jgrewe
jgrewe Reader
4/19/20 1:16 p.m.

That is right over the "frame" rail under the floor. Still a strange spot though when the rocker is so much stronger.

amg_rx7
amg_rx7 SuperDork
4/20/20 12:49 a.m.
dyintorace (Forum Supporter) said:

Sold several months ago. And no clue why the cage was built that way. I found it odd too, and it was one of the reasons I sold the car. The placement precluded the addition of a passenger seat. 

It’s the standard autopower cage

simontibbett
simontibbett Reader
4/21/20 2:15 p.m.
amg_rx7 said:
dyintorace (Forum Supporter) said:

Sold several months ago. And no clue why the cage was built that way. I found it odd too, and it was one of the reasons I sold the car. The placement precluded the addition of a passenger seat. 

It’s the standard autopower cage

I had an IT7 with an Autopower and don't remember it being in the middle of the passenger footwell?

Our Preferred Partners
abNJQjBcF3386sIQfNbPOKfKwe5SPMB7429lEUXUoDrI3rzNOezM3NRfsbMFdzMC