1 2
MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
10/6/22 6:42 p.m.

PRICE IS NOW $800

Marks Garage Sale AWII MR2.

The price is now $800

Several years ago I bought a project MR2. Then as I am prone to do:

This car is the Marks Garage sale MR2 and with some help from my kid and friends it entered the $2000 challenge in 2019. In preparation to enter all the brakes were replaced, it got new plugs, wires, filters, it was cleaned, aligned, and I put moderately sticky tires on it. It did OK until one of the welded rear tie rods broke and we called it a day. Since then it has had the engine pulled and parts collected for a variety of potential engine swap projects, but mostly it sat. It is time for it to go.

It will come with:

-New "Twos R Us" spherical rear tie rods.

-the 4age that was in it for the challenge. It ran when I pulled it out of the car. A compression check was recently done and it posted consistent numbers  that were reasonable for an old cold engine.

-Installed bolt in roll bar

-"New" shocks (Bought but never installed by PO. They were in the trunk when I bought it)

-An old racing harness still in the box. 

-A set of wheels of yet to be determined diameter and width-Maybe stock MR2, Maybe Miata Daisies. (so good chance they will be 14")

The Challenge price is..............NOW $800. 

As it sits now

Fancy blue seats and "racecar" interior

It came out, , maybe you want to put back in? wink

Just so its easy to find: The price is ................NOW $800 

Oh yeah-You've got options! $2018 PLB AWII MR2

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
10/6/22 7:04 p.m.

I so hope that Lil Stampie doesn't see this.  And no PMing him!

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
10/6/22 7:12 p.m.

In reply to MrJoshua :

I thought it might be the black one...smiley

hobiercr
hobiercr UltraDork
10/6/22 8:21 p.m.

Does it have a title?

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
10/8/22 3:29 p.m.

If it has a title and glass i'd be interested.  I'm somewhat local.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
10/8/22 3:33 p.m.

PARKING LOT BUILD!

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
10/8/22 9:20 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

I'll buy it if you guys want a PLB.  I can't promise time on it as we all know Suprang is well behind the 8 ball.  Put something together and of course I'm behind Hoondavan and anyone else above.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
10/9/22 11:54 a.m.
Hoondavan said:

If it has a title and glass i'd be interested.  I'm somewhat local.

I am unsure of a title. It was only intended to be a racecar for me so I never thought much about whether or not it had a title. I did a quick search and couldn't find one, but I couldn't find a bill of sale either-and I know I had one or the other. I will look a bit harder.

As for Glass-it does not come with glass, but I have two parts cars and I'm pretty sure there are two doors worth of glass between them. If the glass is for storage purposes-I just kept it under a cheap Budge branded car cover from Amazon and it stayed dry inside.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
10/9/22 2:54 p.m.
GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
10/10/22 10:13 a.m.

God, why are you half the nation away. This car belongs bombing through Iowa cornfields.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
10/10/22 7:04 p.m.
GIRTHQUAKE said:

God, why are you half the nation away. This car belongs bombing through Iowa cornfields.

It would definitely be a blast, and look good doing it!

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/10/22 7:26 p.m.

I do need a beater for an hr commute, but I'm dense, and a bit confused by all the various cars and info!

'Course Id still have to convince the financial manager it's a good plan

with new job, I might can attend the even this year. 

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
10/10/22 9:40 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

This one is more appropriate for  a race car than a daily driver. Its pretty gutted. 

As it sit it has:

1. No window glass
  2. No AC
  3. No Carpet
  4. Engine isn't currently installed
  5. Exhaust consists of header straight to megaphone  
  6. THE PRICE IS NOW $800
03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/10/22 10:07 p.m.

In reply to MrJoshua :

I'm a bit lost on what all that is, but even I know that's one heck of a great deal! Did you also have a more streetable on for sale?

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
10/10/22 10:20 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

I edited the post for a bit more clarity. I do have another one for sale with a title, full interior, etc.

Other MR2 for sale that was a challenge "Parking lot build" in 2018

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/10/22 10:30 p.m.

Might not need editing; I'm smart, but very dense! Short attention span, and can't think of but one thing at a time anymore!

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
10/12/22 12:15 p.m.

I dove down a rabbit-hole of hurricane repairs.  As much as this is the might be the right project at the right price, I don't forsee having free time any time in the near future.  GLWS, I'm a little surprised this hasn't found a home yet. 

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
10/14/22 9:49 p.m.

It's time to clean house. Buy my  MR2 and add my $500 2zzge/6 speed complete swap kit!

2ZZ/6 speed AWII swap kit!

No Time
No Time UltraDork
10/14/22 10:21 p.m.

Ooh, that would be a good autox/rally cross project. How soon does it need to be moved?

Dudefladge
Dudefladge New Reader
10/24/22 3:54 p.m.

Sooo Cool!  Hmmmm.... Let me converse with my MR2 teammates.... Fun!!

Mrfurzzy
Mrfurzzy New Reader
10/24/22 6:03 p.m.

In reply to MrJoshua :

I would for sure take this and the 2zz if someone could get it north of Atlanta. That's about the limit of where I could drive to pick it up. I'd be coming from Milwaukee, WI

Dudefladge
Dudefladge New Reader
1/18/23 11:11 a.m.
Dudefladge said:

Sooo Cool!  Hmmmm.... Let me converse with my MR2 teammates.... Fun!!

What the heck are we thinking!? When I posted this back in October I had never touched an MR2... Now we have FOUR and likely this one on the way! I'm insane... LOL

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee PowerDork
1/18/23 11:25 a.m.

In reply to Dudefladge :

that's funny.... that's how Mr. Joshua started. It's just one... then another, then another, then another that was parted, then oh we need 2zz and 6 speed, and another that gets parted for the motor...

Docwemple
Docwemple Reader
1/18/23 11:31 a.m.

So. What's the status of the MR2

Dudefladge
Dudefladge New Reader
1/18/23 12:31 p.m.
Mr. Lee said:

In reply to Dudefladge :

that's funny.... that's how Mr. Joshua started. It's just one... then another, then another, then another that was parted, then oh we need 2zz and 6 speed, and another that gets parted for the motor...

It is definitely a very, very slippery slope indeed... LOL

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qqtMWdR2y3EaeoWWoSRiCUdCsofyiNsBYqZGE0GPNHKaUbo42pvhaQCoiQqZAcQ7