1 2
Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
6/21/19 11:59 a.m.

So I really don't know when I'm going to get a chance to get to work on this thing. I'm currently more interested in Humphrey.

Included in the $500 price.

1 straight and 98% rust free 1987 Trans Am GTA with a complete and clean red cloth interior, all of the dumb 80s luxury options they offered including digital dash, WS6 suspension package, and a 9 bolt limited slip axle with rear disc brakes and believed  to be a 3.27 gear. I don't know if the factory ws6 springs and sway bar are still in place, they may have been changed by the previous owner. Car also has tubular trailing arms with heim joints.

1 complete set of original gold lace wheels with staggered offsets to fit with the 9 bolt axle.

Most of a black interior from a 1984 trans am

Complete set of pre bent brake lines for a 3rd gen (not needed for this car as of yet but I bought them for another 3rd gen and don't plan on having anymore 3rd gens for a while if this one sells)

Astro steering shaft already converted to bolt onto this car (may install before delivery)

Whatever else I find that looks like it belongs to this car and can't obviously be used on my other cars

What's missing:

Engine and trans, some of the wiring, the hood.

Current state of the car is best described as basket case. The rear axle is currently out of the car but will be put back in so we can move the car. Fuel lines and tank have been cleaned and the car has a new walbro 255lph pump, sending unit and filter.

Car currently doesn't have any brake calipers and I don't trust the master cylinder.

Car is believed to have been sitting for roughly a decade by this point.

Car is located in Glasgow, Kentucky.

Separate receipts can be provided for parts on request.

I'll try to answer any questions I can. Car isn't listed anywhere else and if nobody here wants it, it will probably continue to sit in this exact spot for at least another year or two.

All for $500 GRM price. 

P3PPY
P3PPY Reader
6/21/19 9:14 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

Fun story about a GTA. Out of high school I worked as a porter at a Pontiac dealer. The transmission and heavy engine work guy was pretty cool. One day he’s just put the finishing touches on a trans rebuild for a GTA (my personal fav 3rd gen body style -tying with the clean 91ish Formula). He was like, “go park this, would ya?”

”are you sure you don’t need me to test drive it.....?”

”no, I already — 

yes, please go take this for a test drive.”

slowbird
slowbird New Reader
6/21/19 9:23 p.m.

If anyone wants a race car theme for it, here you go:

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
6/21/19 9:26 p.m.

In reply to P3PPY :

Yeah my rose tinted glasses are heavy tinted on this car for me personally. I was 16 when my drunk uncle shows up wearing double denim and hands me the keys to my cousins '87 GTA (not this exact car, a different one my cousin still owns) and tells me to drive it. Probably the first car I broke 100mph in but I was already off the throttle and slowing down by the time I saw the speedometer. This was a dream car for me at one point but I'm honestly out of love with it. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
6/21/19 9:45 p.m.

Want to sell the wheels?

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
6/21/19 9:52 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Honestly not really unless the car sells. My goals on this car got scaled way back from race car to fun cruiser so those are probably staying on the car if it doesn't sell and I end up building it. 

But it's currently waiting in line behind Humphrey and the Mustang and I only have so much time and money. Plus the next couple years might not leave me with time for a 3rd major project.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/21/19 10:17 p.m.

God almighty i want this. Im broke. Will you take a kidney? 

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
6/21/19 10:22 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Sadly I will only accept cash or trade for another car. Might be flexible on price if it was going to a good home though. You'd probably finish it way quicker than I would.

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
6/21/19 10:31 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:
Patrick said:
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Selling off the good wheels and replacing them with cheaper ones and spending the recoup on stuff is 100% within general Challenge rules as long as it's all documented. Cool. 

What you're suggesting is that you reeeeeealy want to buy a $1500 Jaaaaag and put the set of wheels you have in your shed on it because your buddy wants to buy the wheels from that guy, right? And the only way to make the deal happen is if you both show up in the truck and he buys the wheels and you buy the car and you get receipts for both, right? I do believe you have thought yourself out of the box that I built and I approve. 

I may or may not have thought him outside your box

When I was thinking about it I was imagining you bringing Stampie along to fetch a car and how the two of you would make it work and I just KNEW that's how the two you would explain it. laugh

We could make this come true ...

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
6/21/19 10:33 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Honestly you might be able to zero out the challenge budget with those wheels and the seats. Just a thought.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
6/21/19 10:39 p.m.

I will say my goals changed with this car when I realized I don't fit in it with a helmet and I'm not even 6'. So you probably will have to change the seats if anyone plans on doing any sort of racing with it.

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
6/21/19 11:39 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

This is a bummer but good to know. A buddy and I have dreams of LTG swapping and racing an F-body, but sounds like it won't be a 3rd gen

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
6/21/19 11:42 p.m.

In reply to classicJackets :

This car does have the huge power lumbar adjustable seats in it. I'm sure you could get a lot more room with different seats and sliders or a solid mount.

A good friend of mine does however have a pair of Corbeus on their sliders in his '92 Camaro and the headroom is worse than with my car.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
6/27/19 9:07 p.m.

What about the nose of the car does that come with it?  Is the hood the only body part missing?  

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
6/27/19 9:20 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

Bumper cover is present and it good shape. Just off the car so I didn't damage it with the engine hoist. Original hood was damaged by a tree limb and was MIA when I got the car. I have a hood that goes with the car but it's white, not the right hood for the car, and in terrible shape. I used it to keep the car covered while it was stored outside briefly.

Had to jack my own Instagram post because I didn't have that picture on this phone and the power is out.

Head light trim and turn signals are present too, just not currently installed.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/3/19 9:40 p.m.

The more I think about it the more open I am to unreasonable lowball offers and trades for parts. No other cars though.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
7/4/19 12:20 a.m.

I’m both an unreasonable lowballer AND a parts hoarder.  

I really need to stay out of the cars for sale section.  

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
8/30/19 9:06 p.m.

Gonna bump this to remind everyone it's here. Will trade for an LS drivetrain if anybody has one to offer. 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
8/30/19 9:19 p.m.

I'd forgotten about this. 

berkeley.

Thankfully you're outside of "able to pick up this car easily" range.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
9/17/19 5:29 p.m.

I'd take $500 if one of you guys wanted this. LS swap parts and spare parts motor included. Strongly considering putting it back to a roller and actually listing it on marketplace for $1000 soon. Just caught myself wanting a Mustang more than I want to finish my Trans Am again. 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
9/17/19 6:10 p.m.

What LS swap parts? I read the description a few times and don't see them listed.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
9/17/19 6:12 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy :

Oh i may not have listed them here. ICT adapter plate mounts to put SBC clamshells on an LS block. ICT low mount front accessory brackets with truck spacing, and an Ls1 f-body oil pan with pickup tube.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
9/17/19 7:41 p.m.

It's a 9 hour drive from Raleighwood.

This is tempting, mainly because it is a slick top. Is it ready to tow away now?

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
9/17/19 7:42 p.m.

Ack, 10 hours with the time zone change. This doesn't seem feasable

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
9/17/19 8:25 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy :

It's not ready to tow currently but I can get it that way quickly.

As far as then 10 hour drive, I don't  currently have a good answer for your there.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
v2QetuzZ6oegiKQ43oq0NlUfBaAA7H1nactLA8GPl4AaRSoZRkPetWh9WPgtvIiD