DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue Reader
5/31/21 6:06 p.m.

1987 Toyota Corolla FX16 project in Oregon (NMNA).

This one is local to me.  No affiliation, not mine.  I am sorely tempted to snag it myself but I have neither the time nor the space to take on a new project.  I almost talked myself into buying it and swapping in the 7A-GE out of my AW11, but I don't want to be get rid of the AW11.  And if I didn't get rid of it I'd have two dead AW11s on the property.  But it does have a back seat and would, on paper, be a more practical dadmobile than the MR2.

Hopefully this gets saved and put on the street.  It's too complete to be cut up and crashed out.

Pics and ad text are copied and pasted below the link for future discussion and reflection in case the ad goes down.

https://eugene.craigslist.org/pts/d/eugene-87-toyota-corolla-fx16-gts/7321885557.html

87 Toyota Corolla FX16 GTS Project Car 4AGE - $1,500 (Eugene)

condition: fair
make / manufacturer: Toyota
model name / number: Corolla FX16 GTS

1987 Toyota Corolla FX16 GTS Project Car
It's been sitting for years. Barn Find.
It has the 4AGE Engine and 5 Speed. This is a rare vintage 80s hot hatch. Mostly complete, not running. Missing stuff like the air flow meter and distributor cap.
Restorable, or would make a good rally car. I have too many projects right now. You don't have enough.
-Clean Title
-Not Rusty
-184k miles
-Local Delivery (Eugene / Springfield) negotiable

burdickjp
burdickjp Reader
6/1/21 6:33 p.m.

https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/hostedimages/1485724732i/21841904.jpg

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
6/1/21 7:48 p.m.

In reply to DarkMonohue :

Sent to a few folks.  That is way too together a car to let go to the yard.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue Reader
6/1/21 9:30 p.m.
burdickjp said:

https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/hostedimages/1485724732i/21841904.jpg

Will you please. Just. Stop. MESSING with me!

84FSP said:

Sent to a few folks.  That is way too together a car to let go to the yard.

Agreed.  And it has been on my mind all damn day.  And thank you for getting the word out. 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy MegaDork
6/2/21 11:56 a.m.

Too far for me, but I really hope somebody grabs it.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue Reader
6/2/21 10:25 p.m.
Brett_Murphy said:

Too far for me, but I really hope somebody grabs it.

Apparently somebody did. The ad has been taken down.  It's awfully tempting to drive by and check.  Might be a little stalker-ish...

Trent
Trent PowerDork
6/2/21 11:15 p.m.

Wait... you are in Eugene?

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue Reader
6/2/21 11:18 p.m.

In reply to Trent :

Not if I can possibly avoid it. But I'm close. 

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
6/3/21 8:43 a.m.

And it's gone...

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue Reader
6/3/21 1:38 p.m.
84FSP said:

And it's gone...

Yep. I was hoping that meant someone here grabbed it. But you'd have mentioned it if one of your buddies got it.

The ad had been up for about two weeks before I noticed it, for whatever that is worth.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue Reader
6/5/21 10:11 a.m.

I left a business card at the house where the car had been parked.  The homeowner, who was not actually the seller, was kind enough to call me and verify that the car had indeed been sold.  Apparently it was purchased by some brothers who plan to turn it into "some kind of rally car", so it's going to live on for a little while, one way or another.  Hopefully it was a little too expensive and a little too incomplete to be used as a paddock basher.

I didn't know how right an FX16 sounded until this one popped up.  Might have to keep an eye open.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
deg9zXQM5Qsh8C0dvyhef5avPQMMUjqFxXdqmiM8yAiC5dxUVTEQEUSiReAGEeBR