1 2
Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
7/19/17 5:47 p.m.

I've decided I just don't drive her enough, someone else needs to enjoy... Time to sell the MR2.

1988 Toyota MR2 supercharged with 158K miles. T-tops, tinted windows, generic lowering springs. I've had it a few years and put a few thousand into it. Highlights:

New tires BFG G-force comp 2 195/50-15

New wheels Drag DR-27 wheels 15x7

New exhaust from SV3Power incl new Magnaflow cat

New short shift and drop plate from TwosRUs

K&N intake

Corbeau seat and RJS 5-pt harness

New battery

Recent plugs and wires

New stereo with Kicker speakers behind the seats

Gas engine lid props from TwosRUs

Grant GT steering wheel

TRD oil cap

They made the supercharged MR2 in 1988 and 89, getting hard to find. This one isn't perfect but it's damn fun. I've autocrossed it a few times, if I didn't enjoy the Abarth so much it would be a dedicated autocrosser.

Minor paint blemishes for a ~30yr old car, 3rd gear synchro is a little rough if you're really getting into it, normal-like driving you don't feel a thing. (I let off half a second and no issues)

Too many cars, I love my Abarth, I'm really enjoying the new-to-me WRX, and the xB is the utility vehicle. I have to remember to drive this and that's just not right. Someone needs to love this car.

Asking $5k or a reasonable offer. Dayton OH Please don't waste our time, you know the rest, blah blah blah.

Jeff
Jeff SuperDork
7/19/17 9:28 p.m.

That's kind of exactly what I'm looking for. Hmmmm........

JtspellS
JtspellS SuperDork
7/19/17 10:57 p.m.

Free bump because I love these things, wish I could justify it as a DD, GLWS.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
7/20/17 7:57 a.m.

Ooh boy, I like that a lot. I am in no position to buy right now but will be watching intently... if anyone else buys this and wants to flip it in 6 months or so you know where to find me

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
7/20/17 7:57 a.m.

Always appreciate free bumps. Someone needs to give this a home it deserves, it's just sitting in the garage 95% of the time.

docwyte
docwyte Dork
7/20/17 8:03 a.m.

Love those.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
7/20/17 8:55 a.m.

Awesome car, that looks like a good deal. I'm glad you posted this because now I know what wheels to get for mine...I was having a hard time finding anything I thought looked good. Are those the 40mm offset ones?

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
7/20/17 7:02 p.m.

In reply to JamesMcD:

Looking at the receipt (because I had no idea) I see 15x7 4x100 40 SLMCXX DRG DR-27. So I would say yes, that 40 is 40mm offset.

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
7/26/17 7:03 a.m.

And now it's on Craigslist. Ugh.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
7/26/17 10:17 a.m.

Beautiful! Good luck with the sale!

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
7/26/17 12:34 p.m.

A guy I know just sold a supercharger swapped car for $4k and it wasn't anywhere near as nice as this.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
7/26/17 12:36 p.m.

Oh, I just ordered a set of those wheels. Thanks again.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
8/15/17 8:28 a.m.

I wish I could afford it. There are days I miss my 87NA

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/15/17 9:01 a.m.

Shared link on my club's FB page. GLWS.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
8/15/17 9:02 a.m.

Do you have the original driver's seat and wheels?

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
8/15/17 10:42 a.m.

What a fantastic looking example of that car. I've always wanted one but have absolutely the wrong use case for now.

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
8/15/17 10:55 a.m.

Thanks Duke. Seat is in a bag in good shape and the belt is somewhere. I don't have the wheels. Anything in the 4k's is reasonable offer.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
8/15/17 11:00 a.m.

oh...oh my....

Woody
Woody MegaDork
8/15/17 11:46 a.m.

Those are 4x100 wheels right?

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
8/15/17 12:00 p.m.
Woody wrote: Those are 4x100 wheels right?

Yup. It came with really ugly wheels that I gave away with the rallycross MR2 I had a few years ago, to help sell that one when I became a Subarust owner.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
8/15/17 1:58 p.m.

Ugh... that's really cool... wish I had room.

itgogitrev
itgogitrev New Reader
8/15/17 10:26 p.m.

Looks great! Any rust in the rear quarters or near the rear windshield? You're almost local to me; I'm on the west side of Cincy and work in Blue Ash.

Any chance you have the original steering wheel? I know they have a tendency to disintegrate with the t-Tops, but just curious.

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
8/16/17 6:37 a.m.

In reply to itgogitrev:

Small bit at the windshield that I never noticed until people started asking for photos of any rust (it's that minor). A dime-sized surface spot on one quarter (again never noticed). I have the original wheel, plus another, but both are in kinda bad shape. The rest of the interior was so good I couldn't leave it in there.

I work in West Chester and grew up in Cheviot myself.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
8/16/17 7:42 a.m.

I was momentarily excited thinking you meant West Chester PA- if you are ever out towards eastern PA make sure to bring this thing, chances are that Ian or I will buy you a ticket home

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/16/17 8:13 a.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wrote: I was momentarily excited thinking you meant West Chester PA- if you are ever out towards eastern PA make sure to bring this thing, chances are that Ian or I will buy you a ticket home

Dude - you live close enough to even know what West Chester PA is, and you never come autocross with us? Where's the love?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iGHw47G2LuLGPiFEw6YC078PmhKfxx1aan3MTbRuY82SywJz6LCuqHjLNAFGR9H5