1 2
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
8/16/17 8:24 a.m.
Duke wrote: Dude - you live close enough to even know what West Chester PA is, and you never come autocross with us? Where's the love?

If you want to simulate what it would be like to have me show up at your autocross with the rally car on its' 15 year old street tires, simply pour some oil on the ground, kick over every cone on course, and paint black stripes somewhere vaguely near the corners

Seriously though, if I ever get the free time/budget to piece together a challenge car you'll probably see me out there.

RedGT
RedGT Dork
8/16/17 9:44 a.m.

^^ Duke, he used to autocross, which he quit to rallycross, which he quit to stage rally, which I fully expect him to quit to run the Baja1000 or something any minute now.

itgogitrev
itgogitrev New Reader
8/19/17 6:15 p.m.
Jerry wrote: I work in West Chester and grew up in Cheviot myself.

Ha! I'm right next to Cheviot (Bridgetown). One of my friends who used to live in Western Hills is on these boards and sent me the link to this post.

Any chance you'd be available sometime next weekend to show the car? Sorry for the delayed response; I've driven from Cincy to Atlanta and back TWICE in the past two weeks for work.

-Alex

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
8/19/17 9:37 p.m.

In reply to itgogitrev:

Saturday would probably be best. Sunday I'm going to an autocross up in Springfield (in the Abarth). If you're interested I could drive it to work during the week, I'm off at 530pm near Montgomery Cyclery in W Chester and not far from VOA park and shopping stuff.

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
8/20/17 5:39 p.m.

Relisted on Craigslist and included more photos, including these two for people asking about rust. What you see is what you get. CL link

itgogitrev
itgogitrev New Reader
8/21/17 9:57 a.m.

Ok, I usually work pretty late, working 8 to 8s for the past few weeks, but I might be able to pull away on Thursday to see it. Unfortunately, I won't be able to give a definite answer until Tuesday, but that would be my best day.

Lemme know if that would work for you!

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
8/21/17 10:41 a.m.

jeeeez...I grew up south on 42 from Montgomery Cyclery. I worked at West Chester Cyclery on and off for years thru HS and college.

GLWS, I really wish I was in a position to make an offer. This is one of my bucket list cars.

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
8/22/17 7:11 a.m.

In reply to itgogitrev:

Thursday could work if you could be there by 530pm, lemme know. I got an email thru Autotrader from someone in CO that's curious about a fly-n-drive. Would prefer to sell local to a GRM'er.

itgogitrev
itgogitrev New Reader
8/22/17 8:42 a.m.
Thursday could work if you could be there by 530pm, lemme know. I got an email thru Autotrader from someone in CO that's curious about a fly-n-drive. Would prefer to sell local to a GRM'er.

Just checked my schedule and I can do Thursday. VOA Park @ 5:30 sound good?

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
8/22/17 9:28 a.m.

itgogitrev
itgogitrev New Reader
8/24/17 9:45 a.m.

I'll be there in a grey first gen Infiniti G35 sedan. Pretty sure you'll be easy to spot if you get there before me. :)

Jordan54
Jordan54 New Reader
8/24/17 7:16 p.m.

This is off topic but where do you go for events in Dayton? I've lived here for years and never looked into it

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
8/27/17 11:01 a.m.

In reply to itgogitrev:

That kid I emailed you about didn't buy it. Drove all the way from IN to see it, texted me relentlessly asking questions for 4 full days. Then starts nitpicking every little scrape and scuff and blemish on a 30yr old car. The friend that brought him was ok, I wish he was the one buying it, and kept trying to be rational about the car. I knew 5 minutes in I wasn't going to be selling it, but he kept it up for 30+ minutes.

So if you're still interested give me a buzz. I'm really getting tired of CL.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi PowerDork
8/27/17 3:45 p.m.

I followed one home today that was same colors as yours, it sounded great. There was a viper behind me too...

beaterku
beaterku New Reader
8/28/17 8:53 a.m.
Jerry wrote: In reply to itgogitrev: That kid I emailed you about didn't buy it. Drove all the way from IN to see it, texted me relentlessly asking questions for 4 full days. Then starts nitpicking every little scrape and scuff and blemish on a 30yr old car. The friend that brought him was ok, I wish he was the one buying it, and kept trying to be rational about the car. I knew 5 minutes in I wasn't going to be selling it, but he kept it up for 30+ minutes. So if you're still interested give me a buzz. I'm really getting tired of CL.

I've been trying to sell mine since early June. I feel you pain. A few tire kickers but no dice. What's really weird, I had a bunch of people interested when I put a feeler out there before I listed it. I listed it and all is quiet. It's a pretty niche car, so I know it's going to be a tough sell. I wish you good luck. I am thinking about listed mine on Bringatrailer to see what happens.

itgogitrev
itgogitrev New Reader
8/28/17 9:18 a.m.

Wow, that's no good. I definitely understand your frustration with CL; I went through the same problem with my 4Runner. I got tired of people coming to see it and pointing out flaws that were already documented/photographed in the listing. I even asked one of them "did you even read the ad?"

Regarding the MR2 in Houston, the training session got rescheduled due to their weather so I didn't get a chance to check out the car down there. Due to the distance, I'm not going to pursue it. I checked out another on Sunday in Lexington and it had rust in all the wrong areas, especially the shock towers.

On a more positive note... what time would be a good time to contact you tonight? :)

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
8/28/17 12:15 p.m.

In reply to itgogitrev:

I'll take positive notes! Anytime after 6pm, you should have my number in an email.

itgogitrev
itgogitrev New Reader
9/1/17 8:23 p.m.

Jerry, would you do the honors?

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
9/2/17 7:57 a.m.

In reply to itgogitrev:

SOLD! To the gentleman with the bearded avatar above. We even hung out in Target while I waited for my ride home, looking at Hot Wheels and discovering he has never seen a single Star Wars movie...(My friend said the price should have gone up.)

May it give you as much fun as it did for me. Especially glad I sold it to a fellow GRM'er.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
V5fR5E8tBUloCtkVqVYO5lvI3JyaaLQurE7eNZDTuTJXQPxL5PmjkRYtUWF4UJwe