jimbbski
jimbbski SuperDork
8/20/20 2:03 p.m.

I could label this a fire sale as the car does have some smoke and heat damage to it when I had a small fire in my garage earlier this year.  It does have a running issue that will require replacing/rebuilding the CIS-E fuel distributor. Most rebuild shops will charge around $500 for this service. I do have a good core besides the one currently on the car.

Anyway this car was built to SCCA IT specs. in 2009.   I raced it with MCSCC here in the midwest from 2011-2018.  The interior is stripped of almost all of the stock interior. I do still have the stock pass. door panel and a stock pass. seat, and of course the dash. It's been modified for roll cage clearance and for the install of gages. There is a  racing seat installed along with belts but they are most likely out of date.

I have 3 other engines besides the one in the car, plus a spare trans. One of the 3 was built by a shop for IT racing, the two others are used stock short blocks. I have heads for all three, one needs some machine work, the other two are complete.  One with a set of aftermarket cams and the other is stock.

I have a total of 10 race Enkie RFP-1 wheels (15X7), another set of 4  wheels of the same size, and 5-14X6 BBS wheels.

Most have race tires mounted. I have tons of spares, including body parts! Doors, fenders, the entire front structure forward of the struts, and a complete set of glass for the car.  I do not have a hood or hatch.

I have half shafts, CV's, hubs, knuckles, wheel bearings, etc. Brake calipers, rotors, clutches, flywheels, and discs. Many of the mentioned parts are new or rebuilt and ready to install.

I will post a link to some photos of the car taken during the build and on track.  I will also be posting more pictures there over the next few days as I pull out all of my spares and assemble then in my garage.

Link:  https://vwpartsforsale.shutterfly.com/#Race%20Car%20Pictures

I will also  post a list of all of the spares in a few days as it will take me that long to compile it.

I live in South Holland, IL. All I'm asking for the all of the parts and car is $1500.  I can part out the car for way more but I rather not have to deal with the boxing and shipping of parts and some parts are just to heavy to go that route.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/20/20 2:25 p.m.

wow. I might have to come check this out simply out of proximity. I'm in flossmoor. 

bmw88rider (Forum Supporter)
bmw88rider (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
8/20/20 3:56 p.m.

Man, If you were a little closer this would be a done deal. It's just way too much for me to haul to denver. 

jimbbski
jimbbski SuperDork
8/20/20 4:32 p.m.

Robbie you're more than welcome to take a look. I'll be around all weekend.  Send me an e-mail and I'll give you my phone number and address.

That goes for anyone else interested. Send me an e-mail and I'll reply with my phone number and you can ask any questions you may have.  As I've said already, I will be working on making up an inventory of parts and taking pictures of as much as I can.  The pics will be posted to the website I linked in my first post.

There are more than enough parts to sell off and still have a nice Challenge car and  plenty of cash to spend on it making it nicer.

I just don't have the time to do this.  I have way to many projects that need my attention and I'm not getting any younger. When you're closer to 70 than 60 you come to realize that life is getting shorter and if there's something you want to accomplish in life you better get off your butt and do now or you may never get it done!

accordionfolder
accordionfolder SuperDork
8/20/20 4:58 p.m.

I DO NOT NEED ANOTHER CAR. I DO NOT NEED ANOTHER CAR. I DO NOT NEED ANOTHER CAR.

128racecar
128racecar Reader
8/20/20 8:20 p.m.

Cross posted to the VSCDA FaceBook page. This would be a welcome vintage/historic entry to our Group 8, as we are now allowing cars made prior to 1989 that are prepped to 1989 or earlier SCCA GCR. It could be converted to Production rather than Improved Touring specs, allowing for even more speed. Good luck with the sale!

Marc in Indy

Fastest Civic in the VSCDA

jimbbski
jimbbski SuperDork
8/25/20 11:28 a.m.

Due to lack of interest in the car I will be parting the car out.

See the parts section for what I have.

It may take a day or two to compile a list as it took me 2-3 days just to gather all of the parts in one place and I still think I have a few items I've missed.

Some items will be non-VW specific such as wheels & tires.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
8/25/20 11:35 a.m.

I could be interested in the wheels/tires. 4x100, right?

jimbbski
jimbbski SuperDork
8/25/20 12:18 p.m.

I have 4 bare 15X7's that are real cheap. like $100.

I also have a set of five 14X6 BBS wheels.  Basket weve style. $125.  Four of them have old race tires mounted.

None of the wheels have center caps.

These wheels were all used on a race car and will show the normal wear and tear of racing.

I prefer to not ship any of the wheels.

I will have more items listed in the parts section in the next day or two.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
8/25/20 12:37 p.m.

In reply to jimbbski :

Well, they would be going on a race car so they'd be right at home.

Sending you a PM.  

accordionfolder
accordionfolder SuperDork
8/25/20 1:16 p.m.

I've buckled and sent you a PM. Let me know if you don't get it! 

jimbbski
jimbbski SuperDork
9/1/20 3:24 p.m.

Check the part for sale section for a list of what I have if you haven't looked at the pics on the photo site.

Make any reasonable offer and I may accept it.

Try me. 

Our Preferred Partners
jndKHnL5U2XW6J6hv0i9vuz9AoHBDPZanyOZp2YJiEFgQrPl9wFrjSoTGhixvXR1