cultus66
cultus66 New Reader
5/22/22 4:38 p.m.

Hi All. It's time to start the purge and consolidate my car life. As I rapidly approach 60, it gets harder to physically and mentally work on cars. So this is the first domino to fall.

1989 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350

~96K Original miles, I've had the car for more than 12 years and only put 1500 miles on it.

10:1 Recon shortblock done just before I purchased it. 2 Bolt mains, cast crank and rods. Hypereutectic pistons.  Trickflow 284/290 duration cam, mildy lumpy. Energy Suspension Poly motor mounts.

Patriot Freedom Series Aluminum heads, 2.02X1.60 valves. 1.6 full fulcrum rockers with stud girdle. Edelbrock Cast valve covers.

Holley Stealth Ram TPI intake, 30lb/hr injectors. Professional Products 52mm Throttle Body. SLP ( or copy ) cold air intake. Utilizing the stock Eprom computer for the tune. If you want the tune changed you'll need a Moates eprom burner or a local GM tuner that still does this. ESP in Sterling MA did this car.

Hedman 1 5/8 shorty headers. 3" single exhaust with manual cutout and Cherry Bomb Flowmaster style muffler. Dual turndowns.

Stock 700R4 transmission with B&M 2500 stall converter and B&M transpak. Spohn trans mount with driveshaft safety loop.

Ford Currie 9" Rear. Detroit Locker, 31 spline axles, Fill and drain plugs with vent tube. 3.89 gears. Fresh Currie fluid, gasket and hardware. New ARP long wheel studs.

New Wilwood single piston front brake kit with new Powerstop drilled and slotted rotors , stock 4th gen discs in the rear.

Body is straight, paint is MEH! Hood is as ugly as I am. NO Rust, which is crazy for a New England car.

Grant steering wheel, New OMP Raid 2 Seat with sliders. I have the stock seat as well. No carpet or headliner because race car wanabe. Stock tilt column. NO heat or A/C, everything under the dash is still there. Everything on the engine side is gone. Power windows, rear defroster and remote hatch release.

Hotchkiss weld in subframe connectors, lower control arms and panhard bar. Founders Performance panhard reolcation kit. New Strange single adjustable rear drag shocks. Intrax lowering springs for the slammed look.

Now for the list of spares and extras. Buckle up!

10 wheels. 4 black powdercoated 16" factory Formula wheels, very good condition. 4 spray bombed 16" factory GTA wheels, 3 fine and 1 with good ding that holds air. 2 New Weld 15x7 Magnum III 3 piece drag wheel with New Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/T 235/60/15 tires. I paid $1300 for these with new caps and McGard lugs and locking lugs.

I have 2 totes full of miscellaneous Gen 1 small block chevy parts which includes the following and more. Most parts are new and never used.

ARP oil pump shaft, Performance Engineering engine hardware, multiple water necks. Accel wires, Russell wire looms. Cam lock plate. Skip White long water pump. Edelbrock short water pump. Mallory Unilite distributor. Powermaster XS 9500 starter. Hedman HPC long tube headers. MSD 6A 6200 ignition box.

I have a full set of stock height suspension springs. Spare steel driveshaft. 

Disclosure time! I haven't sold a running car since 1984. Please be gentle! I don't need to sell, but I would like to use the cash from this to get my Evo back on the road.I will answer every question I can. Come look at the car and we will work it out. The car is not currently registered, insured or inspected. I live on a dead end road, we can stay on the street to show the car starts and stops. The car does not have a title. NH doesn't require it on a car this old. A bill of sale and a copy of the last registration will be included with the car. I have 2 sets of keys. This is a VATS car, 2 sets are gold.

I'm not a photographer, I don't play one on TV. Come check out the car for yourself. A lot of value here. $6000 Firm for the Grassroots faithful. PM me or text at Six o three. Three o 3. Eight 1 o two. I'm Grant. Thanks for your time.

Extra gratuitous photo!

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
5/23/22 8:09 a.m.

That's a ton of car for the $.  

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
5/23/22 8:29 a.m.

And that, my friends, is how you write a For Sale ad. 

tr8todd
tr8todd SuperDork
5/23/22 9:04 a.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

And that, my friends, is how you write a For Sale ad. 

I don't even like American muscle, but that ad made me want the car.  Paint and carpet is all I see that it needs to be a real head turner.

iansane
iansane Dork
5/23/22 10:41 a.m.

I love this car and all things thirdgen.

Did you do the hood/hatch swap with a base model or was that done before you?

SEADave
SEADave Dork
5/23/22 11:04 a.m.

Years ago I was looking real hard for a nice 3rd gen Formula.  My thread on it is still up here somewhere.  I really missed the boat as values have gone through the roof since then.

A non t-top Formula 350 is pretty hard to find even without taking into account all the upgrades this car has.  Good luck on the sale.     

cultus66
cultus66 New Reader
5/23/22 8:12 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

Thanks!

cultus66
cultus66 New Reader
5/23/22 8:15 p.m.

In reply to iansane :

Done before me. I love the factory Formula hood. The intake doesn't fit any of the stock hoods, so the PO used a crappy flat hood to cut the hole in. The Formula rear spoilers are well known to break if you look at them wrong. I'm guessing that happened on his watch.

cultus66
cultus66 New Reader
5/23/22 8:16 p.m.

In reply to SEADave :

Thanks.

cultus66
cultus66 New Reader
5/23/22 8:17 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

I know right! I think that's what the kids say.wink

CWfast72
CWfast72 New Reader
2/3/24 11:52 a.m.

In reply to cultus66 :

Does anyone know what the stock handling,  skidpad g's were for the 1989 Formula 350?

I'm just curious because my uncle had a brand new one in 1989 and I remember the car handled incredibly for that time.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
2/3/24 11:59 a.m.

I did not like the 3rd gen, when they came out. Haven't grown on me since. 
But that is Bad Azz! 
Out of my reach, but I'd rock that and be proud of it!

GLWS

Piguin
Piguin Reader
2/4/24 4:25 a.m.

That is a TON of value, and a perfect ad.

Good luck with the sale.

etifosi
etifosi SuperDork
2/4/24 8:47 a.m.

Couldn't help myself

Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself
Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself PowerDork
2/5/24 12:12 p.m.

Folks, this ad was posted over a year and a half ago, and OP hasn't posted on the site in nearly that long.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
2/5/24 12:49 p.m.

In reply to Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself :

CWFast got me! Sorry 'bout that. surprise

Piguin
Piguin Reader
2/6/24 7:03 a.m.

In reply to Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself :

Oops. I knew I remembered seeing the car before, but I thought it was a build thread...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aFTQe0iVfCXnJGib7x5X9wJdqLPiW8quwX3uJd8BYYVH6UBUZxsbzzLVkrzOX0yx