tyson42 (Forum Supporter)
tyson42 (Forum Supporter) New Reader
1/17/23 8:15 p.m.

Let me start with - I don't really want to sell these, but I hate to see them sit any longer and don't have the time to work on them.  They were destined to be a team $2k challenge car with some of the folks in my panel shop, but it just didn't work out.  

I'll be brutally honest - I don't have a lot of details as they've been sitting for the last year and I've slept at least once since I got them, but I'll try:

1989 245 Wagon

- 4 cyl, auto 

- starts, runs, 'drives', stops.  We've changed the fluid in the transmission and maybe the oil.  

- its originally a Maine car, but it's probably had every body panel changed out.  The guy I bought it from said his dad ran a shop that rebuilt them.  (true or not I have no idea, it has less rust than I would expect from a northern car)

- It's titled in my name (currently tagged and insured - I had hope of it being a driver one day).  I may have to order a replacement, I can't find it at the moment but I'm still looking - it's in a blue envelope around here somewhere...

1989 240 Sedan

- 4 cyl, 5 speed

- I got it from a mechanic that got it as payment for some work.  I haven't seen it start, run or 'drive'.  Brakes work well enough to stop it rolling off a trailer.

- I believe it turns over, I suspect fuel pump or associated wiring/relay.  I 'believe' mechanically it's 'ok'.  No promises - it may be scrap only.

- maybe an original Georgia car - pretty clean, 100k mile club.  Someone loved it at one time - it might even have a K&N air filter... 

- if I can find it it did come with a title, but not in my name.  Consider this one 'parts only' 

Looking to get them both to a good home who will drive them or at least take the time to part them out to needy Volvo owners.  

Might consider interesting trades (nothing newer than 1960), but I've told myself I'm not getting anything else unless it starts/runs/stops and drives to my place under its own power.  I just don't have time for a basket case project at this point in my life, I need to maintain and enjoy, not teardown and rebuild.

Tyson

Docwemple
Docwemple Reader
1/17/23 8:33 p.m.

I have a friend on the hunt. I'm forwarding the info 

Docwemple
Docwemple Reader
1/17/23 9:10 p.m.

His name is Tim. You can call or text him at 240 two eight six 2305

1/17/23 9:33 p.m.

In reply to Docwemple :

Thanks - I'll reach out tomorrow.

Tyson

Docwemple
Docwemple Reader
1/18/23 9:06 p.m.

Sounds like Tim is interested 

Docwemple
Docwemple Reader
1/19/23 11:10 p.m.

Tim would like to hear back from you 

1/21/23 8:37 a.m.

Working with Tim - just had a busy week.  Consider these sold.

Thanks,

Tyson

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KpSP3lggexiGuVtwFSw8dK9O3knmBIuC2me9pqQOeOJrC0t9fGE0R3AeHSSs9Tx5