Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
11/28/22 3:50 p.m.

Hi All,

Listing my car here before dealing with the normal CL and FB shenanigans.  Car is a 1990 Acura Integra GS with 185K miles, that I bought as a non-runner for the 2022 GRM Challenge.  Work kept me on the road, so despite finishing the car, I didn't make the event :(.

When I bought it, I was told it just needed a timing belt.  Upon teardown, I found a brand new belt (timed horribly wrong), no compression, and some other WTF issues from PO.  Fixed most of them, the car now has a B20 longblock from a CRV, but I kept the Integra/B18B/OBD0 intake and exhaust manifolds, fuel system, etc.  Car runs well with no codes, minus a slightly rough idle:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/1990-integra-driveability-issues-help-wanted/208173/page1/

The valve adjustment fixed the hesitation issue, and the idle could easily be an engine mount (we replaced 2 or 3 during the swap, but not all due to parts availability, some urethane in the old mount may be all that's needed), or a temp sensor.  Or even the distributor, OEM one died and I put a rockauto one in, Hondas are known to be picky about ignition parts.  I just don't have time to continue to troubleshoot a car that isn't my DD or a beloved project.  I travel 30+ weeks a year for work, and I value my time more than another car.  I spent last weekend claybar'ing, compounding, polishing, and sealing the paint, and I removed and cleaned the interior, seats, and carpet.  It cleaned up really well (though the leaves are waging war on my driveway).  The DR front fender was resprayed at some point, and didn't clean up like the rest of the car did.  Car has a new timing belt kit (not the one it came with), clutch kit, distributor, plugs, wires, and probably a few other things I'm forgetting.

It's a reasonably clean DA hatchback for what I hope is a fair price ($3000).  Now to the GRM bit: also included with the sale is a set of integra mesh wheels with tires, original headlights, the B18 valve cover, and a box of other random parts from the swap and work.  I am happy to write a receipt for $2K for the car and $1K for the spares to make this challenge eligible for someone that wants it.  Must buy the parts and car though. 

Delivery is possible within 2 hours of Richmond VA.

Pictures:

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
11/28/22 3:58 p.m.

Two other things that come to mind:

-The PS pump has been removed.  PO told me it had a manual rack off a CRX or something, I think it's just a de-powered rack.

-AC system is all there (compressor, lines, condensor, etc.), but the drive belt is not hooked up, I assume it needs...something.  I did not do any troubleshooting or investigation.  Buyer beware. 

Any other questions, more pictures needed, etc., just let me know.  Thanks!

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
11/28/22 4:14 p.m.

I love it. Any rust?

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
11/28/22 8:13 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

By Ohio standards, none :). 

Serious answer: there is some just starting in the leading edge of the rear wheel wells, but the underside and hatch are clean:

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
11/28/22 8:15 p.m.

And hatch area, I had the trim off to try and peel the bubbled tint off, I was unsuccessful:

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
11/29/22 7:20 a.m.

If anyone wants to buy the parts for $1000, I'm interested in the car itself.

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
11/29/22 2:20 p.m.

In reply to SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) :

Just as a friendly heads up, the price of the car in that unlikely scenario would remain $3000.  So buy now without worry! I'll even throw in some free parts! :)

RedGT
RedGT Dork
11/30/22 9:09 a.m.

If the PO was doing random hackery and mods, it is likely just a depowered rack.  That was a common 'mod' back in the day, I still have the two little check valves (or whatever) that I yanked out of mine when doing that as a dumb teenager.

So much nostalgia here for me, I put about 80k miles on one in college.  That's even pretty clean as far as the rust goes.  You're about 5 hours away.  I have one car mid-project and was in the process of picking up another that I don't really have time for and now this shows up.  You're willing to meet a couple hours north of Richmond?  Do VA titles require paperwork to be done at a VA facility or are they an easy sign-and-go?

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
12/1/22 10:20 a.m.

In reply to RedGT :

Absolutely.  I would be happy to drive up to tysons corner or somewhere along the beltway and meet up for lunch or something.  Or winchester further west if thats easier for you.  I could run up rt 17.  

VA is just sign and go for titles, though i would bring a bill of sale as well.  

12/1/22 11:37 a.m.

Sent you a PM (e-mail), let me know if you didn't get it

RedGT
RedGT Dork
12/3/22 6:05 p.m.

In reply to Flynlow (FS) :

Thanks, but I'm out. Just committed to buy a cheap Miata.

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
12/4/22 10:15 a.m.

No worries, RedGT.  Congrats on the Miata.

PM returned, SKJSS!

A few folks had asked about the 2nd set of wheels, pics below:

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
12/30/22 10:35 a.m.

Bump.  Sale fell through (nothing to do with the car itself), now on FB/CL. 

12/30/22 5:11 p.m.

The person who backed out is me, and I changed my mind.  Sold!  Email me or text me.

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
12/30/22 6:29 p.m.

In reply to SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) :

Ha!  I wasn't going to out you like that :p . 

Funds received, car sold to SKJSS pending pickup. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Nn7yhtlYvrf5UZl9t1M5P6JsUX6XNPKqlowq30m007r2W9TlmMyV9Y10hJ98suYY