hobiercr
hobiercr SuperDork
1/28/20 10:37 a.m.

NMNA -Would make an awesome DD. If I didn't already have a GS430 I would be going to look at this.

VERY clean looking 1990 LS400 with only 180K.

FB link

Service records, Blue cloth interior, Garage kept, Rear wheel drive, 8 cylinder, Premium gas, Sun roof, CD player

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/28/20 10:51 a.m.

I've never even seen an LS with cloth interior. I love that car.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa Reader
1/28/20 11:08 a.m.

Maybe a 10-15 minute drive from the house if anyone needs a closer look at anything.

hobiercr
hobiercr SuperDork
1/28/20 11:27 a.m.

As dculbertson said, I've never seen one with a cloth interior as well. I bet it has held up well. 

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
1/28/20 2:49 p.m.

I want this but taking it to Minneapolis would be cruel. 

ebelements
ebelements Reader
1/28/20 3:37 p.m.

Same color as mine and aside from being higher mileage, looks to be in much better shape. Great deal.

I know some came with cloth here but I've never seen it in person. Funnily enough, it is the opposite case for the JDM version—leather is rare.

Shadeux
Shadeux HalfDork
1/28/20 4:23 p.m.

I SO want one of these in the future. Current situation is not good for acquiring, however.

Naturally, by the time I can get one the prices will be out of my range. 

It's the circle of life.....

EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
1/28/20 6:10 p.m.

Hmm...I'm looking for a new daily, flights to Tampa are $72. 

Edit: Damn, listing says pending already. Not really a surprise. But, now that I know that I can fly one way to Tampa for $72 I have a new area to look for cars.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/28/20 6:34 p.m.

In reply to EvanB :

Hobbie is a great shopper. You two would make a great team!

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
1/28/20 6:34 p.m.
EvanB said:

Hmm...I'm looking for a new daily, flights to Tampa are $72. 

Edit: Damn, listing says pending already. Not really a surprise. But, now that I know that I can fly one way to Tampa for $72 I have a new area to look for cars.

If you came to me tomorrow with $3500, you could take home your very own S60R starter kit, comes with new engine and a new 3" downpipe.  (Sorry, this one can't be free)  I'll even help swap it in, or at least buy the pizza and Malort.

I'm getting nervous about having to pass E-check in six weeks and the eBay salvage yard still has not shipped the new engine.  And there are many FoRSs on AutoTrader in the "I can actually afford that" range.

EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
1/28/20 8:12 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

I'm looking for something with less assembly required. 

dxman92
dxman92 HalfDork
2/2/20 4:36 p.m.

Those have aged well. Does not look like a 30 year old car.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/2/20 6:40 p.m.
dxman92 said:

I agree but more that the '90 has proper lines and dimension.  Not so much for the 2020 version

j_tso
j_tso Reader
2/3/20 10:20 p.m.

The seller must have wanted it gone quick.  Every $1500 LS400 I see looks like the Million Mile Lexus.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
2/4/20 5:02 a.m.
John Welsh said:
dxman92 said:

I agree but more that the '90 has proper lines and dimension.  Not so much for the 2020 version

That is because the original one looked like a cross between a Toyota Century (well-heeled classy car) and a Mercedes S-class (well-heeled classy car), while the new one looks like a cross between a Kia Stinger (K-Mart special) and a Predator with its mask off. (You are one ugly m...)

rustybugkiller
rustybugkiller HalfDork
2/4/20 10:54 p.m.

There is a 94 by me with 140,000 miles that says it needs a fuel rail. Any idea why a fuel rail would go bad?

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
2/5/20 7:09 a.m.

In reply to rustybugkiller :

That's bizarre. My ideas: misdiagnosis, bad regulator, bad injector seals/o-rings, or bad injectors. That's assuming no physical damage to the fuel rail. 

The first generation is non interference and rods and bearings are massively overbuilt so internal physical damage to the engine is very rare. 

rustybugkiller
rustybugkiller HalfDork
2/5/20 10:23 a.m.

Hmmm. 
For $1500 it worth checking  it out. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
2/6/20 11:25 a.m.

Is this car gone?  I was going to fly n drive, then Challenge/Radwood, then road trip it.  I bet these cars eat 400 miles of interstate for breakfast

Nigel347
Nigel347
2/16/20 9:41 p.m.

Still Available??!? Really interested!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HZMPECEwX1CHiAq9vMnGP2SvcHf7iTndrLBs2ngJsRaZ1LcrcWcaEmeH2XGXogKI