metalman
metalman Reader
1/23/23 5:35 p.m.

1993 Corvette convertible, ZF 6 speed, Dana 44 posi, LT1 350, Magnaflow exhaust, only 58k miles, runs perfectly, good condition inside and out. Sold for race, off road, or parts use only. $4500 firm

EDITED UPDATE: Sold with proof of ownership and a BILL OF SALE 

This car was 'totaled' for bent tail pipes. Literally. Thats why its 'salvage' to begin with. Stupid but true. 

GA will not TRANSFER a salvage title. Therefore I will NOT be able to provide buyer a SALVAGE title. 

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
1/23/23 7:16 p.m.

Location?

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/23/23 7:21 p.m.

Wow! So any title or bill of sale only?

1/23/23 8:23 p.m.

So the car is in the Atlanta area.  

clownkiller
clownkiller Dork
1/24/23 8:29 a.m.

I bought a parts only car in Georgia. The auction sent paperwork to the state making it no longer a car. Could never register it.

metalman
metalman Reader
1/24/23 11:47 a.m.
clownkiller said:

I bought a parts only car in Georgia. The auction sent paperwork to the state making it no longer a car. Could never register it.

Not exactly the case here, but I am familiar with that. 

jabos7
jabos7 New Reader
1/24/23 6:55 p.m.

Yep, that's an off-roader alright.  Make the neighborhood swampbuggy dudes jealous.

And yet I keep wringing my hands.....

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) UberDork
1/24/23 9:58 p.m.

Over 15 years old only need a bill of sale in Vermont to register. Or is there some other reason it can't be registered?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/24/23 10:28 p.m.
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) said:

Over 15 years old only need a bill of sale in Vermont to register. Or is there some other reason it can't be registered?

Maybe it was originally acquired with a couple bags of Colombian marching powder under the seats that the owner might like back. 

Docwemple
Docwemple Reader
1/25/23 9:47 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Kinda odd to see a nice example without a title 

1/25/23 10:48 a.m.

I've been chatting with him.  It has a GA certificate of salvage.  Need to see the paperwork as there is legit potential to title it.  In GA you need to be a "licensed rebuilder".  Not sure about the laws in FL...they're a bit murky.

metalman
metalman Reader
1/25/23 2:32 p.m.

In reply to SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) :

GA does not require you to be licenced rebuilder. BTDT. That was an old rule and that info is still on the web even though incorrect. 

metalman
metalman Reader
1/25/23 3:36 p.m.

Original Post updated.

Sorry for the confusion, contact me if you have questions. 

metalman
metalman Reader
1/26/23 3:20 p.m.

Thanks to the idiots at the DOR/DMV who misinformed me yesterday I am updating the info yet again, see original post.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zXjJWeGcQTNwHrXYcPUQWzYazZsL8SiPYs4Ii1OTHV7coqo1OZuDsVwOKkMinQGQ