CarRamRod
CarRamRod New Reader
11/19/13 5:45 p.m.

Hey guys, I'm selling my RX-7 that I've owned for past year thats been used as my auto x/track/nice day car. I have more pictures of the car including some of the rebuild the PO had done as well as videos of it being compression tested after the rebuild. Theres ~112k miles on the chassis and ~6k miles on the rebuild. I've had absolutely zero reliability problems with the car. It starts easily every time and doesn't smoke. Since the rebuild, it's always been run with premix. There a few minor issues with the car though. It doesn't idle properly when cold but once warm it idles fine. The AF gauge is not accurate which I believe is due to a bad sensor. The tach works randomly which I believe is due to bad solder joints or capacitors on the circuit board as the PFC displays the correct RPM. Finally, The paint on the front bumper is faded so it doesn't perfectly match the rest of the car. I've done my best to describe the goods/bads and list what's been done to the car by the POs and myself below and I'm sure I've missed a few things. If you have any questions or want more pics, feel free to PM me. Located on LI, NY and asking $13k.

Engine & Transmission:

Rebuilt motor w/ ~6k miles since rebuild
Pineapple Racing Water kit, Rest w/ Mazda oem from MalloyMazda
Pettit Racing Clutch Kit
ACT Pressure plate
PFS Intercooler
PFS Down pipe
Bonez High Flow Cat
Racing Beat Dual Tip Exhaust
Emission and Sequential Removed

Electronics:

Apexi Power FC
Tuned by Enzo from ENZO racing

Suspension:

Eibach Pro Kit springs on stock shocks
Racing Beat front and rear sway bars
Front Sway Bar Mount Reinforcement + Brackets + Adjustable Heim-joint sway bar end links
Custom made rear shock tower bar with 4 point harness connector (Not currently installed)

Brakes:

Stock replacement rotors
Hawk DTC-60 and DTC-30 pads on the front and rear, respectively
Motul RBF-660 brake fluid
SS Braided Lines

Body:

99-02 Plateless Front Bumper
99-02 OEM Turn lights
99-02 OEM Front Spoiler
99-02 OEM Rear Spoiler

Interior:

Stock R1 Interior
All buttons work fine
PF boost gauge
AEM A/F meter

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
11/19/13 6:14 p.m.

Beautiful

paul
paul HalfDork
11/19/13 8:09 p.m.

Car always looks fast @ the autox events (I'm the silver civic ep3 hatchback

Bump for an awesome car...

Spinout007
Spinout007 UltraDork
11/19/13 10:56 p.m.

It's posts like these that make go "DAMN I NEED another one these." Not in the cards atm but DAMN that's pretty. GLWS

Gene

blrx7r1
blrx7r1 New Reader
11/22/13 2:26 p.m.

Danggit I love these cars. Wish I had the cash...

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
11/22/13 8:03 p.m.

Very nice car, very nice price. I wish I could, glws

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
11/23/13 9:27 a.m.

Damn... I've always considered this model to be one of the best looking cars ever built. Unfortunately, I need something a bit cheaper and more practical right now. I'm guessing these aren't the greatest snow cars... GLWS.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim PowerDork
11/23/13 12:43 p.m.

My wallet is currently thanking you for being on the other side of the country...

Nice car, GLWS.

CarRamRod
CarRamRod New Reader
12/4/13 9:10 p.m.

Car was sold today!

paul
paul HalfDork
12/5/13 4:00 p.m.
CarRamRod wrote: Car was sold today!

Local buyer? Does NYR have a new 'birthday cake'?

CarRamRod
CarRamRod New Reader
12/5/13 5:40 p.m.

Unfortunately not haha. Went to someone from South Jersey/Philly but he'll keep tracking and autoxing it though . Did anyone ever buy the original birthday cake back after the engine blew?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XT2WFGekMck2uqs9lVZYKmgIngLa0SjmmiLPpLSzousmBlQL7BT5d3HYvbO1BOay