AllegroForteRacing
AllegroForteRacing New Reader
5/8/22 12:31 p.m.

Hi everyone, I'm trying to sell my 1995 Honda Prelude racecar but I'm having a very tough time selling it, so I figured I'd give it a shot here. 

My dad, a friend of his and I built the car for another individual in 2013-2014 for ChumpCar. The car competed in both 14 Hour races that year, setting the 3rd fastest lap time overall at Sebring with me driving. The owner eventually lost interest in it and we purchased the car for him, as something for me to drive in SCCA and my dad & I to split in SCCA Enduros. 

From the time we bought it in 2015 until now, I carried out a full restoration in between races (Link here: Facebook Build Thread), my dad and I shared the car with as many friends as we could during Enduros (Including Randy Pobst at the first Bracket Enduro held Nationally in 2016 at Sebring), and I used the car for the 2015, 2017 & 2019 SCCA Runoffs, with '15 getting a P9 & '19 the Sunoco Hard Charger award. 

In November of 2020, the dedicated 12:1 comp STU engine grenaded itself by ejecting the rod out the block. We were in the process of building a new engine for it to compete with NASA at Daytona, until my dad passed away in August of last year. I ended up using his Spec E46 instead, and made the decision to stop the engine build, put the stock Enduro spec H22 back into the car, and sell it as I now have too many race cars for one person. 

As I've been typing now for 20 minutes I'll just share a direct link to the details of the car; it's 4-5x the length of this post as it was my pet project since 2015. Here’s the detailed ad listing on my personal Facebook page.

I know it's not a Miata, but it can run in just as many classes as one. I built the car to be ran by a father/son team in SCCA with them swapping back and forth between STU & EP. It can run with NASA in either H1 or H2, depending on what engine is in the car, as well as two of the ST classes. It's a perfect fit for GLTC as well, being it's currently at 195hp wit the stock engine and 2600lbs with a driver and half a tank of fuel. ChampCar would more than likely accept the car, and I even had two guys from HSR come check out the car. 

DM Me if interested & GRM should send it to my email, I'll forward my phone number and we can talk over the phone! 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
y31VbO0PL8mctT1QKl5ondHHQtKyGGhCHqp14UrZACUnRvsC1qsiAEIhAOw5KiFr