ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
7/4/19 4:34 p.m.

Scratch and dent sale. Why worry about banging up a nice car on the track when you can buy this and be worry free? Suffered a disagreement with the tire wall. Damage was mostly cosmetic and a lot of it has been fixed already. Unibody measured on a laser frame machine and I have the printout showing it is undamaged. New front bumper, used left fender. Roof is badly dented, both doors are ugly but work and the driver quarter has some ripples. Comes with FOUR coupe doors in silver, two mostly complete and two gutted for light weight. A well built, nice car until I drove it. Turn key car with no issues, just un-pretty. Was a podium car in NASA TT with the prior owner. Still has heater but no a/c. All road legal equipment still there and functional.

$8000 

Don't need to sell but have soured on it since the crash and thinking of going another direction. Many more photos available upon request. dvarnes821 at gmail.com

Odometer 132,700

Dyno'd 2018 236 hp, 239 torque at the wheels

Eurosport underdrive pulleys

Dr. Vanos unit

JB Racing lightweight flywheel with OEM Sachs clutch

Dinan cold air intake

Bimmerworld race exhaust

RE short shifter

Bimmerworld solid rubber engine mounts

Rogue Engineering trans mounts

Fluidyne aluminum radiator

Silicone radiator hoses

Shark injector tune

Poly subrame bushings

Poly FCAB/RTAB bushings

Reinforced sway bar mounts and RTAB pockets

Ground Control sway bars

Ground Control coil overs w/ 525/650 springs

Koni struts single adjustable

Brake cooling duct brackets (not hooked up)

Braided steel hoses

Improved caliper sliders

Dry wheels Kosei 17x8.5 ET41

Dry Tires Nitto NT07 235/40-17 with one weekend of use

Wet wheels OEM M3

Wet tires Nokia with one session of use

Race wheel studs and nuts

Bolt-in SCCA legal roll bar

MOMO steering wheel

New driver FIA belts 2019

New differential clutches 2018

New battery and alternator 2018

New brake master cylinder and calipers 2018

New windshield 2018

Seats and side brackets NOT included with car

E36 aluminum floor mounts ARE included with car

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
7/14/19 7:31 a.m.

Bumpity. The price is a starting point for GRMers and not set in stone. smiley Forgot location: PA. Full or part trades may be entertained for old English motorcycles or Pre-1970 Ford products.

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
8/14/19 6:50 a.m.

New lower, less-greedy price.

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
8/29/19 4:10 p.m.

If you don't like the blue lip spoiler I have a black one. wink

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
8/30/19 11:47 a.m.

Seems like a good price for a track car. GLWS!

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
10/3/19 8:00 a.m.

Bump. Guess nobody wants a car with a green fender. Will paint the fender and replace the doors this winter and the price will go up. Act now. Operators are standing by.

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
5/10/20 6:15 a.m.

Spring has sprung. The bent up doors are gone and nice straight silver ones installed. No more power windows to fail right before you go on track; it's got pop in glass for storage/transport now. I even stuck the moldings on because I'm so detail oriented. Still has a green fender though. Makes wonderful racy exhaust sounds.

Dave M (Forum Supporter)
Dave M (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
5/10/20 6:30 p.m.

We should talk. I'm in DC, and looking to get back to the track at some point. I want something for a tall person and with race seats/roll bar, so E36 is probably the best car for me.

The catch is, I don't want to go back to trailering, so the car needs to pass DC inspection (emissions). I have a truck and a garage, so I could trailer it home, but eventually I want it to be a street car.

Anyway, let me know if you want to chat more! Dave

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
5/11/20 6:48 a.m.

I stuck my head underneath as I couldn't remember but I don't see any cat. It is old enough in PA to get 'classic' tags so would be emissions exempt here.

Dave M (Forum Supporter)
Dave M (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
5/11/20 7:01 a.m.

Thanks for checking! In DC it has to be 25 to get historic status, and technically the cat would have to be there anyway. Does the car have ODB II on it? As long as there is not an emissions code it will pass inspection...

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
5/11/20 9:37 p.m.

OBD-II is 96 and later, so yes. 

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
6/20/20 6:32 a.m.

Straight now except for the roof. Paint on order for that hideous fender. No numbers on the doors. Your wife will think it's a regular street car...until you start it. wink

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7MCtwdWDeW34KGmZEiJC4lIkb4SVJCSNFv4QKc7RJIpLQBrjLDDrBW4hN3dZh3F8