ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
10/24/20 7:35 a.m.

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Having moved to motorcycles I've sort of lost interest in this thing. If the photo links get broken PM me and I'll email them to you. $8500 located in south central Pennsylvania 17022.

This is a TRACK car. Not suitable for street use other than to drive to/from the track. No catalytic converter so won't pass emissions. Slip in side windows; no power regulators. Race harness only. Stripped interior. Former NASA TT car now used for HPDE/instructor duties. Dyno'd 236 hp, 239 torque at the wheels. Dr. Vanos upgrade. Shark injector tune. Eurosport underdrive pulleys. JB Racing lightweight flywheel Dinan cold air intake. Bimmerworld race exhaust. RE short shifter. Bimmerworld solid rubber engine mounts. Rogue Engineering trans mounts. Fluidyne radiator with silicone hoses. Poly suspension bushings throughout. Ground Control coilovers and sway bars. Koni single adjustable struts. Braided steel hoses and upgraded caliper slides. Kosei K1 wheels with Nitto dry track tires. BMW M3 wheels with Nokia wet tires. Race wheel studs and nuts. Bolt in SCCA legal roll BAR only. MOMO steering wheel. New FIA harness 2019. New differential clutches 2018. New windshield 2018. New battery and alternator 2018. New master cylinder and calipers 2018.

If you bought just the modifications and new parts it would equal the price of the car.

Comes with ONE race seat for skinny folk. Will deduct from car/price if you don't fit in it. Turn key car ready to go. Not a show car. Has several dents, roof badly dented, some scratches and faded panels. Clear title.

Again, this isn't a show car. Some of the panels don't match well. The roof is, well, never going to be straight again.

Other than it's inability to wow the Cars & Coffee crowd there is nothing wrong with it. I just don't allot weekends to play with it now that I have four motorcycles. Yes, four.

Will I take trades? Actually, yes. But my interests are pretty specific and mostly vintage. British motorcycles, Ford Mustangs, Falcons and F100s pre-1980. You can throw other ideas at me that I'll probably reject but you never know. No sport bikes, Harleys, SN95 Mustangs, Swedish or French cars, Zambonis or postal Jeeps. In fact, no Jeeps period. BTDT.

FRZ86
FRZ86 New Reader
10/25/20 9:56 a.m.

PM sent

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
10/28/20 7:09 a.m.

Still available. Will budge some on price to get it gone before winter storage.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
10/28/20 8:28 a.m.

It is startling that this is not sold. It's been up for a while.  I'm not in a position to buy it right now. But this seems like the sort of thing I need now that I'm cured of owning a miata. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/28/20 9:55 a.m.

Did they really sell M3s with non-M mirrors? Or maybe that was swapped at some point?

I bet this car is wicked fast on a circuit. 

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
10/29/20 6:54 a.m.

I have the M3 mirrors. One is missing the glass and I'm too cheap to spend $95 for it. Those were free.

Oh, I also have the original uncut hood. Also dented up, naturally, so it will look like it belongs. cheeky

I think the detriment to my car is it isn't road ready. It would (mostly) take a weekend to remedy but depending on where you live you may have trouble getting a safety/emission inspection to fly.

It is fast. Maybe a bit too fast for me. smiley I'm from the "slow car fast" school and never really gel'd with this thing, evidenced by it not coming out of the garage at all this year (well, Kung Flu may have also been a factor). Looking to go back to something slower, more awkward handling with a carburetor on it.

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
11/8/20 9:30 p.m.

Now with video of inside, outside, topside, bottom side.

M3 YouTube video

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
11/8/20 10:49 p.m.

Bump for good looking deal.  

(I'd be emailing but bought an E36 M3 a few months ago)

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
11/9/20 5:56 a.m.

Convince a friend to join you. smiley

Dave M (Forum Supporter)
Dave M (Forum Supporter) Dork
11/9/20 5:29 p.m.

Oh man, you fixed it up! And it's more tempting than ever.....

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
11/10/20 6:29 a.m.

Straighter panels, same low price!

Have someone allegedly coming this weekend to see it and another person offered me a restored Alfa Spider in trade. I've owned dozens of Fiats but never an Alfa. Not sure if I am tempted or frightened.

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
11/10/20 7:53 a.m.

Linkey-no-workey

I'm surprised this hasn't sold yet, E36M3 coup prices have gone a bit nutso recently.  I suppose it is a pretty limited group that want a dedicated track car and can overlook the warts on the roof, etc.  Personally, I'd hammer them out the best I could and give it the art car treatment.   The dents would be much harder to see with a wild paint scheme. (or even bondo and a 90s graphics wrap.  It is such a personal thing it's probably left to the new owner...and easier to inspect for purchase as-is.

There's an E36 track car Facebook group, you should find an audience there.   I can post a link if you're not on the facetalkers web.   I'm starting to get more serious about getting an E36 for daily & auto-x...but a non-M car w/an interior is better suited to my skillset and budget.  GLWS!

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
11/10/20 2:32 p.m.

It's on FB marketplace and has been shared to a few E36 groups. If someone wanted to turn it into a legit race car it's perfect; cut the sunroof roof off, install cage, weld solid roof on.

If you search 'ddavidv' on YouTube you should find the video. I don't know why the link doesn't work.

This is the second track car/track BMW I've owned. Both were a PITA to sell. It just has to find the right buyer and then it will be gone. I'm not in a hurry and can wait out the right person but it would be nice to move onto the next thing. It has to free up the garage bay before I buy another single thing with an engine.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ouTJYqYZKH1lildgsD2T7CJufGKxb4azcX9WPef7T5nI3snR46ZYUPNK5kd18PYc