Dave M (Forum Supporter)
Dave M (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
8/11/20 12:23 p.m.

Ooooh, that's a nice car, and dangerously close to me for my wallet.  Luckily it's too new to pass inspection here in DC so I am saved/sad! :) GLWTS. I suspect you will find a GRM-er who will be interested as that is a lot of car for that price.

pontiacstogo
pontiacstogo Reader
8/11/20 3:39 p.m.

Seen this car in the flesh and seen it run at Mid-State Airport autocross.  Will be a great buy for someone (not me, not me, not me).  GLWTS!

MazdaFace (Forum Supporter)
MazdaFace (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/12/20 11:00 p.m.

Sigh. This is exactly what I'm looking for but a bit to early 

Dave M (Forum Supporter)
Dave M (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
8/13/20 5:52 p.m.

Ok now this is starting to be tempting.... How hard would it be to make this emissions complaint? Lol...

RedGT
RedGT Dork
8/13/20 6:20 p.m.
Dave M (Forum Supporter) said:

Ok now this is starting to be tempting.... How hard would it be to make this emissions complaint? Lol...

Put the stock cats (included) back on, and buy a pair of secondary O2 sensors.  Install the brand new Jegs catback (also included).

Blunder
Blunder New Reader
8/13/20 8:15 p.m.

What's your "would take less from someone on grm" price. I've been looking for a decent one of these for awhile. 

kallikak
kallikak New Reader
8/13/20 8:49 p.m.

Previous owner here. This car is a total riot on an autocross course. I ran it with 18x12 and 335 Rivals at all four corners. Talk to Strano about some shocks and you would have a serious CAM-T contender with this car. I can't think of a better CAM-T car for the money. I hope whoever buys it autocrosses it and I hope to see it in Lincoln again. 

Honestly had I known it was going to CAM-T, I would have reconsidered selling it when I did. 

RedGT
RedGT Dork
8/13/20 10:39 p.m.
kallikak said:

Previous owner here. This car is a total riot on an autocross course. I ran it with 18x12 and 335 Rivals at all four corners. Talk to Strano about some shocks and you would have a serious CAM-T contender with this car. I can't think of a better CAM-T car for the money. I hope whoever buys it autocrosses it and I hope to see it in Lincoln again. 

Honestly had I known it was going to CAM-T, I would have reconsidered selling it when I did. 

It really is great on course, and on the street for that matter.  I am going to miss it.  Got it all checked over to be ready to sell, drove it a bunch and fell in love with it again.  But sadly i still don't have enough events on the calendar in the next 2 years to continue owning it, and i have 2 other fun cars to commute in.  One is the primary autocrosser miata I'll never sell, and one is 15 years newer with 4 doors which i sorta need to own for grownup things.  So the Camaro ends up as the odd one out that needs to move on :(

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
8/14/20 9:17 a.m.

Man, I want this so bad. Looks nice enough to make it a 3-season daily driver/track rat. I'm already in F-Body Hell right now (see my Trans Am build thread), so that's not happening. frown

Blunder
Blunder New Reader
8/14/20 7:18 p.m.

Could you PM me your number by chance so I could ask a few questions about the car?

RedGT
RedGT Dork
8/14/20 7:39 p.m.

In reply to Blunder :

Sent

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qAscbY0tZ7GBsaHCgbdfXZLvFwK0f4N11KKnHU43uPKTlFT9xrq3o54GMg3oaQWR