Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) Dork
3/12/21 7:52 p.m.

I have finally decided to sell this. To many vehicles, too little garage space. 

The bike is in excellent condition. It has never been dropped. Only 58,261 miles on it. Owned and maintained by a guy over 60 (me). All the original luggage is there. Starts right up and runs well. This Kawasaki has four cylinders, four carburetors, shaft drive. Some people call this the Japanese BMW. It has a new rear tire that I just put on it and it has current Texas registration and inspection. I can and will ship it anywhere. I have shipped motorcycles before. I have three other motorcycles and way too many other cars and just don't have time for all of them. $2,600. 

3/12/21 7:55 p.m.

3/12/21 7:56 p.m.

ebelements
ebelements Reader
3/23/21 11:00 a.m.

For this much money, you can't get anything that will take down hundreds of miles as happily or complain less. Great bike.

With a set of highway pegs and some firmer fork springs, this bike will take you to any set of twisties in the country then eat them whole.  How would I know? I did those mods, then rode an '06 (same gen!) across the country about 5 years ago. The hype is real.

4/2/21 6:32 p.m.

Still no interest here? I'm putting it on Cycle Trader tonight. 

Slippery (Forum Supporter)
Slippery (Forum Supporter) UberDork
4/2/21 6:38 p.m.

This is a great deal here for a bike with known history. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/2/21 7:10 p.m.

(Early generation red Miata in background with factory wheels).

Builds credibility to me on who the seller is.  

4/2/21 7:32 p.m.

The Miata is not for sale, and the Lumina is going rallycrossing next month. 

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/3/21 10:40 p.m.

I had thought you had decided to keep it; I know a guy looking for his first bike ... wants a ninja 500 - but if his legs are long enough to hold that up, I know he’d enjoy it. 

4/3/21 11:48 p.m.
03Panther said:

I had thought you had decided to keep it; I know a guy looking for his first bike ... wants a ninja 500 - but if his legs are long enough to hold that up, I know he’d enjoy it. 

I was thinking of keeping it but the traffic here in Dallas is getting too scary to ride a motorcycle. I also have too many vehicles to insure and pay license fees on and I am running out of space. I never ride it.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/4/21 1:05 p.m.

His obstacle will be his height.... or lack of, actually!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/5/21 1:39 p.m.
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) said:
03Panther said:

I was thinking of keeping it but the traffic here in Dallas is getting too scary to ride a motorcycle. I also have too many vehicles to insure and pay license fees on and I am running out of space. I never ride it.

If it weren't for traffic around here I'd have already sent you $2600 + shipping costs.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
4/5/21 7:36 p.m.

I too am vertically challenged. 

4/10/21 9:09 p.m.

I sold it today.

4/10/21 9:10 p.m.

This is sold.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
4/10/21 10:00 p.m.

In reply to Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) :

Congrats.

4/10/21 10:08 p.m.

The new owner handed me the cash and then dropped the bike pulling out of my driveway. This is a 23 year old bike that had never been dropped.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/10/21 11:53 p.m.

Dude that’s heartbreaking! My wife doesn’t understand why something like that would bother me, and I’m sure there’s many on here that would say “his problem, he bought it” but that bike can no longer say never been dropped. Sucks. 

Where did you finally find a buyer?

ebelements
ebelements Reader
4/14/21 2:59 p.m.

It's the most droppable bike that I've ever ridden, sat on, or looked at. This does not surprise me. 

Glad you had the cash in hand by that point!

4/14/21 3:45 p.m.

He actually dropped it twice. Once at the end of my driveway. Again at the end of the block. Then he called his dad to come and get it. It's gone now. The money is in my bank account. 

I had owned it five years and never came close to dropping it. It probably helped that I am 6'1" and long legged. I used to have a KLR 650 and my feet were flat on the ground when I sat on it. 

This time around I actually got my full asking price and had two other people lined up to look at it if the first guy didn't buy. Maybe bikes are really in demand now. When I took it to the dealer to have the back tire put on, their showroom floor was almost empty. They were selling everything from scooters to full dress touring bikes. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8DCB9VLiCXgL7My2Bfs3avcaVpCmmKnjAm6zzRvD9Mi5Gwek7Bs5PhbghNIYrpyj