ncd2294
ncd2294 New Reader
9/18/19 7:01 p.m.

Selling my JDM B20B swapped Civic. Figured someone may want it to run in the Gastropod class.

Chassis has 263,000 miles.

A/C and Heat work.Car has Power Steering.

Technically it's my daily driver but, I don't really drive much. And I've got 3 other vehicles to drive instead. I like this car, it's fun and has the right amount of power and grip, but I can't justify keeping it when I have other vehicles that meet the daily driver req's.

It's got the better high compression B20 (Verified with a compression test: 210 psi across the board).

And it's super clean inside. Took a picture when I replaced the valve cover gasket.  Head isn't even oil stained.

Timing belt looks in good shape, no cracking.

Car is in NoVA (Woodbridge).

- Passed VA inspection in August and Emissions are good until next March. 

Drivetrain:

- JDM B20B (imported with "~60,000" miles) running a 99 CRV ECU (6,800 rpm limiter).

- Generic Aluminum Short Ram with Prelude 3 inch round paper element filter.

- Integra LS Trans

- Grinds into 3rd over 3,500 rpm and into 5th above 2,000 rpm. I clutchless shift 5th to avoid the grind.

Exhaust:

- Ebay 4-1 Header (replaced the cracked DC Sports 4-2-1)

- 2.5" High-Flow Cat (a real cat, no test pipe/"resonator")

- 2.5" Mandrel bent Cat-back with a 5" round resonator and DC Sports muffler. Nice quiet idle.

Suspension:

- Skunk2 Sport Springs & Shocks

- No Sway Bars

Brakes:

- Stock DX Front Discs and Rear Drums

- New Centric Metallic pads, Rotors, and Shoes.

Wheels/Tires:

- 14x5.5" Civic HX wheels 

- Comes with 25mm hubcentric spacers, if wanted. Really fills out the front fenders. Currently off the car.

- Front: 185/55/14 Federal SS595 (Gastropod legal @ 260TW)

- Rear: 195/60/14 Falken Ohtsu FP0612 (480TW)

Interior:

- BB4 Prelude front seats.

- Taken from a pristine low-mile Prelude that had been crashed a few years ago. Stored until I had a car to use them with.

- Pretty clean inside apart from the carpet. Some stains from what looks like a soda spill and it's getting thread-bare in the Driver's footwell.

Issues:
- Random miss on high idle/cold start it goes away as soon as you use any throttle or the car warms up (no more high idle).

- 3rd and 5th grind mentioned.

- A/C Idler makes noise sporadically.

- The usual Honda rear fender rust and bad clearcoat on roof/trunk.

- Car is low enough the main resonator can scrape on speed-bumps. (Thanks to the diameter of the case being so large) 

Asking $2,000 for a GRM'er to use at the Challenge.

I'll try to check my email at least once per day.

Thanks guys.

Pics below and I embedded a playlist of the car doing an Autocross in June, and idle video, and a 0-60 video.

*Mistakenly classed as FSP (Should be SMF)

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
9/18/19 8:58 p.m.

Cool!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6cyAgytAjC9C97KIZK9e0dK6g9lR1dDuLxhkOg3pjCy2owtR6ehtOd4oCVsWqWVK