Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/20/23 4:25 p.m.

NMNA, all that. doesn't look terrible from the pics?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/970566717290902/?mibextid=dXMIcH

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
3/20/23 4:53 p.m.

Pretty sure that is a SMOKING deal given what 914's are bringing in any shape these days.  Not my cup of tea but always appreciated them.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
3/20/23 5:27 p.m.

The 73-74 2.0s are the best ones.

porschenut
porschenut HalfDork
3/20/23 5:52 p.m.

Rust in the front fenders is not a good sign.  Wonder what the real rust issues are.  An AC car means the front trunk was probably hacked and the load from the compressor does the engine no good.  But I guess 7 grand for one of these is good now adays. 

Docwemple
Docwemple Reader
3/20/23 6:48 p.m.

In reply to porschenut :

I'm getting a vibe that this will have a blown hell hole, rockers, sail panels and on and on. These rarely suffer from fender rust. I'm a Porsche guy. But even the 914/6 is really way more VW than Porsche 

rustybugkiller
rustybugkiller Dork
3/20/23 7:29 p.m.

Very likely a Parts car. It would help if they had better pics. 

Fuchs alloys, chrome bumpers are worth good $.  Some interior parts my be salvageable. $7k seems high.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
3/20/23 7:35 p.m.

I live in Illinois and titles are complicated.  

Let me know when that title is in your hand.

On a positive note it has the same, cool era Illinois plates the Bluesmobile had.  

TargaToy
TargaToy New Reader
3/20/23 9:17 p.m.

I started with a very rotten '72 but only because it was Dad's car and means a lot to me.  And as crusty as mine was, it didn't have rust in the nose and on the A-pillar like this one.  The price seems high for a parts car.  

Although...very few things are unfixable with enough time, money, and nerve.  Good luck!

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
3/20/23 10:21 p.m.

Just its location and the 914's reputation for rusting makes me nervous.  

Docwemple
Docwemple Reader
3/20/23 11:36 p.m.
TargaToy said:

I started with a very rotten '72 but only because it was Dad's car and means a lot to me.  And as crusty as mine was, it didn't have rust in the nose and on the A-pillar like this one.  The price seems high for a parts car.  

Although...very few things are unfixable with enough time, money, and nerve.  Good luck!

Exactly. This has rust in places they don't rust.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/21/23 8:34 a.m.

AC and the center console?  Should polish up OK, but I agree with the rust concerns.

eurotechms
eurotechms New Reader
3/21/23 4:33 p.m.

Def worth saving, will have rust but still. Decent ones can still be had grabbed a one family owner 71 last year for less then this one and local. 

dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) Dork
3/22/23 6:32 p.m.

Wow, makes my 72 that I picked up two years ago a real screaming deal. Similar story, sitting in a garage since the mid-80's but pretty much rust free and came with the Fuchs, rebuilt engine and a ton of parts. I suspect this one is overpriced until someone shows us the longs and hell hole, too much salt used in the mid-west when these cars were daily drivers, that front fender is a bad sign.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ePcMvPlnZvwXXZ2PbnGL3Kd8BfEnCJPzAwMPl0wxuaPATda6uKUEcPe4t9jA8ppT