SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
11/21/22 5:20 p.m.

As I posted earlier, with my life as insanely busy as it is and no signs of slowing, my "toys" are just sitting so time to really thin the herd.  I bought this car earlier this year with the intention of running some HPDE days.  Yeah, well...ain't gonna happen.  Shortly after buying it, my wife and I took on an increased role in Lemons racing, so our weekends are often taken up.  I've only done one or two HPDEs and I just used my 128i.  

I got it from the original owner, who lived in the San Diego area.  It was his weekend toy from the very beginning.  He said he just street drove it on weekends initially until he started autox.  You know how that story goes...it led to HPDE and he got really into it.  I don't know how many of the miles are street and how many are HPDE, but from what he said, the majority are street.  He said he didn't run a ton of HPDE, so I'd guess most are street, but I can't say precisely.

When I got it, I had it dyno tuned as it hadn't been done in some time.  I have the DynoJet sheet showing just shy of 390hp and 440tq at the wheels, so it's about 450hp and 500tq at the crank.  I also had the plugs changed and 4 new wheel bearings installed, and of course fresh oil.  The car also has a brand new battery as of last week...damn they're expensive.  It runs amazing!!  Stupid fast, it pins your ass back when you hit the throttle.  It stops, steers, shifts, etc...perfectly well.  All gauges work, ac works, etc...  It has the painted targa top on now and the glass top is in the hatch, in perfect shape.  I also have the original drivers' seat, also in mint condition.  Here are the list of mods on the car:

Professionally tuned Magnuson supercharger

LG long tube full exhaust with x-pipe, cats and Big3 4-tip muffler

Professionally installed Pfadt camber kit all around

LCM5 column lock bypass

Quick bleeders on all 4 calipers

Battery disconnect switch

Clutch bleeder hose

Exhaust tunnel heat shield

Kool Sox ignition wire covers

C6 shift knob

Brey Krause harness bar

Sparco Evo 2 seat

Simpson 5pt harness

Tow loops front and back

Tires/wheels currently on car: Nitto NT01 275/35 R18 on 18 X 19.5” wheels (front),

305/35 R18 on 18X 10.5” wheels (rear)

Known issues:  Headliner on painted top is sagging.  Scuffs on front bumper from when it got hit by a flying tire carcass at a track day.  Service column lock warning (known issue with C5).  It's throwing P0410 because I believe the SAI was either removed or disconnected when the exhaust was done (I'll have to double check with the shop, I forget).  So you should either live in an emissions exempt area or know a shop who will "tune it out" for you.  Original owner did homemade modification to the hood after the supercharger was added.  It doesn't look show car ready, but this isn't a show car so it didn't bother me.

I have all the paperwork the original owner gave me, including maintenance, etc...  I also have a custom fit car cover if you want it.

Price?  I'm $17k into it, so I think that's fair.  I'll advertise it for more elsewhere, but GRM family discount applies.

11/21/22 5:23 p.m.

Link to all the pictures, with some picked out below.   Ooooohhhhh....supercharged C5 HPDE car....you know you want it.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
11/21/22 9:22 p.m.

Awesome car! Good luck with the sale, to a lucky new owner. !

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
11/21/22 9:26 p.m.

Ooooh, nice.   Need a turbo Miata, Zoomboni, left kidney?

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/22/22 9:05 a.m.

I can't think of a better track-day car, good luck and I wish I was in a position to buy it. 

cmcmillin31
cmcmillin31 New Reader
11/22/22 10:22 a.m.

PM sent

11/23/22 8:21 a.m.

Responded.  Let me know if you didn't get it.  My e-mail is SKJSS0307 at the googly

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Zan54wFriW48l6bOI6AgrkbTwmcKcAdFmQzSTDaG3ToHBxsgQGhgz9QjecwRbgTO