1 2 3 4
86Zed
86Zed
7/23/20 12:02 p.m.

Not allowed to send PMs from my account (new) just yet. Shoot me your contact information, interested in the car.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/23/20 12:06 p.m.
SVreX (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm bumping this. 

I've got to get rid of 5 cars. This is one of them. 

Make me an offer. 

Ugh... If I didn't need to get rid of a few cars myself, I'd love to buy myself a 50th birthday present. sad

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/23/20 12:06 p.m.

In reply to 86Zed :

SvrexPaul at that Gee male place

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
8/31/20 9:59 a.m.

I'm bumping this.

No changes, except I've driven a few more miles!

Live_Fast
Live_Fast
9/15/20 12:32 a.m.

In reply to SVreX (Forum Supporter) :

Was this tuned by the guys at Panic by chance?

I'm in Columbia and interested but my account is still fresh indecision

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
9/15/20 6:34 a.m.

In reply to Live_Fast :

No. It was built and tuned by a previous owner in NJ. 

I'll be available this weekend if you'd like to take a look. 

Call or text. 229 nine 28 too 6 too 6

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
3/13/21 9:46 p.m.

I'm bumping this.

I had a few serious interested folks, but they fell through.  Then life happened, and it is still sitting here.  I drive it on the weekends, but I need to let it go.

Price drop to $9500 obo.

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee PowerDork
3/13/21 10:00 p.m.

Why do you have to post something like this when I just start lurking the forum again? Seriously. I've taken a 3 year hiatus from cars, I come back and the same people are trying to enable me. 

I love this place

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
3/13/21 10:40 p.m.

In reply to Mr. Lee :

Why would I stop trying to enable you?  It's what I do. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltraDork
3/13/21 10:52 p.m.

I am watching this.

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
3/14/21 9:39 a.m.

Geez, how is this still for sale?  For all the talk about miata's are the greatest thing since sliced bread on this forum, I'd have thought this one, which is the best miata out there, would've sold in a hot minute.

dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) Dork
3/14/21 10:11 a.m.

Yes, really surprised this one is still available. Of course I thought the same thing when I grabbed the MSM I picked up  here last summer. Had I not pulled the trigger on that car, I surely would have bought this one. Spring is here, someone needs this!

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
3/14/21 12:12 p.m.

In reply to docwyte :

The answer is probably that I haven't tried too hard.

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
3/14/21 12:33 p.m.
docwyte said:

Geez, how is this still for sale?  For all the talk about miata's are the greatest thing since sliced bread on this forum, I'd have thought this one, which is the best miata out there, would've sold in a hot minute.

It's definitely not the best Miata out there.  It has a few issues (listed in first post).  But it's a great start!

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
3/14/21 12:49 p.m.

So um... Where should I send the deposit? Second question is fly and drive back to Chicago or ship it?

Edit: Full disclosure I've been lusting after this since you posted it, but that whole pandemic thing really put a damper on everything. Now that there's an end in sight I have been green lit.

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
3/14/21 1:46 p.m.

In reply to clutchsmoke :

Give me a call.  Lets talk.  229 nine 28 too 6 too 6

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
3/14/21 1:47 p.m.

The car is perfectly capable of a long haul, but the suspension is a bit harsh.  Might have a sore butt.

engiekev
engiekev HalfDork
3/16/21 7:34 a.m.

This is a screaming deal! If only it were green w/ tan leather, I would buy it now!

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
3/16/21 9:57 a.m.

In reply to engiekev :

I have a tan interior and some green spray paint...

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/16/21 10:13 a.m.
clutchsmoke said:

So um... Where should I send the deposit? Second question is fly and drive back to Chicago or ship it?

Edit: Full disclosure I've been lusting after this since you posted it, but that whole pandemic thing really put a damper on everything. Now that there's an end in sight I have been green lit.

I have a crap ton of southwest points, and I live in Chicago. I'll drive it home for ya?

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
3/16/21 10:54 a.m.

If you're serious, contact me. I'm talking with someone offline who is starting to sound serious. 

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
4/10/21 3:16 p.m.

Still available.

For kicks, I just took it for a little run with a GPS Race Timer.  I only did 1 pull.  Didn't launch too well.  I was running on street tires with a 340 TW rating, with a full interior, full street trim, had both roofs onboard and AC.  

13.6 seconds for the 1/4 mile.  That'll do.  I didn't feel like I needed to try harder.

neverendingprojectgarage
neverendingprojectgarage New Reader
4/12/21 4:42 p.m.

I sent this to a friend who's looking for a good-condition NB for street and autocross. He really likes it, he should be sending you an email shortly to intro and ask some questions.

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
4/12/21 5:27 p.m.

In reply to neverendingprojectgarage :

Thank you

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
4/27/21 9:43 p.m.

Dammit, is this thing still available?  I blame @eastsideTim for showing me the thread...

Do I need two Answers?  Keep the cheap NA for around town cruising and this for more adventurous driving?  Sell the NA to someone to enjoy for fun on the cheap like someone did for me?  Would the hardtop fit the NA and repalce the cheap coilovers with real springs and poof, instant rallycross?

I'm thinking my search for a turbo MR2 might be in vain.  Perhaps this is the Answer?

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WUc20JBo4wWsvslsTEms6HpgSCaxJgpRuAQCHGHyHahDvNew8BG1MoJYToJ8Dy9R