1 2
java230
java230 UltraDork
1/21/19 1:18 p.m.

OK I have been debating this but I am going to part with the mr2. It’s a great little car, but I want to build something, and its too nice to just hack up. Its been a summer driver and done a couple of AutoX days.

2000 mr2 Spyder, 56k miles on the chassis, ~25k on the motor. Engine was replaced under warranty by Toyota at 20-25k due to pre cat failure (it was a common issue). Manual trans.

Basics:

Salvage title, in my name. I am the second owner, I got it wrecked, when the PO had to move and had not had time to repair it. It has been totaled three times, only twice recorded. The first was font end I believe, and from what I understand from the PO is that it was front clipped. Not sure on the second time, but I did a find primer spot in the rear, third time was rear end (how I got it).

Alignment by Prova Motorsports in Seattle WA, aligns perfectly.

TRD suspension and chassis braces (mid and front and rear strut towers).

Drives perfectly, AC is cold, top goes up and down.

Brand new tires, less than 50 miles on them, Conti Extreme Contact DWS

Aftermarket Parts:

Rear control arms, fully adjustable toe upper and lower control arms in the rear. Topspeed racing brand. Eccentric camber bolts in the front.

PPE 4-1 header. Which does cause a CEL for o2 sensor heater. The stock exhaust has two o2 sensors, the PPE uses one, so a harness is made to feed one sensor data two both the Toyota plugs. This leaves only one heater circuit. A resistor can be added to the circuit if desired to clear it, but I chose to not go that route. It’s a catless system, with a TRD exhaust.

All aluminum Ebay radiator.

Knock off race seat, on rails I made that sit it on the floor. Uses factory seat belt.

Enkei Wheels in a square 205 set up.

I have the maf spacer and injectors to do the “MAF Mod”

The bad:

Salvage title.

A very small hole (~3/8” slice) in the top, its always under cover when stored.

Paint on the rear bumper isn't a great match.

Spare Parts:

Extra set of sway bars

TRD side skits in matching silver

Full dashboard

90% of the entire wiring harness (may be complete, but I have not dug it out)

Factory radio

Original drivers seat.

OE non-TRD suspension, including all brake parts and uprights.

OE Exhaust parts

Many many more I am forgetting. It was my truck FULL when I got it.

I did all the repairs in my garage/yard. I was going to working/driving rather than show car. Its not perfect (or pretty in places) but it functions and drives perfectly. The rear bumper cover, rear crash bar and decklid were replaced. The deck lid latch was replaced, but I simply made spacers from its original mounting location as that piece is bent.

I have a build thread here, it details everything I have done. https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/third-total-is-the-charm-2000-mr2/104413/page1/

I am asking $5500 OBO, and would like to see it go to a GRM person, so its only going up for sale here for the moment. I have my eye on another project that I would like to sell this to fund. Possible meeting in Nor Cal (car I want to pickup is there). 

And if the Nor Cal car doesnt work out I would consider trades.... I have a few things in mind for a next project. I need three seats (volvo wagon, and toyota PU come to mind), and perhaps v8's (LS) with turbo? Who knows, shoot offers.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
1/21/19 1:36 p.m.

I have an engine lid in matching silver if someone wanted this to match.

Those TRD braces are pretty pricey!

java230
java230 UltraDork
1/21/19 2:41 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

Cool! That was hard to find honestly. And yes the TRD bits are getting very hard to find these days. 

java230
java230 UltraDork
1/28/19 3:27 p.m.

Am I just over priced here? Open to offers.

java230
java230 UltraDork
4/1/19 3:23 p.m.

Bump! Its sunny again!

Justjim75
Justjim75 HalfDork
4/5/19 12:11 a.m.

If I didnt have a Miata, and wanted to be the worst father ever, I could get your car, swap my 03 Matrix XRS 2zz/6 speed into the Mr. Two, put the 1zz/5 speed into the Matrix and give it to my son that way instead of with the good stuff and have the 180 horse spider Toyota should have built for myself.  (Free bump to top)

java230
java230 UltraDork
4/23/19 2:26 p.m.

Bump! Getting ready to go to CL and FB soon.....

Difdi Al-Jabal 68
Difdi Al-Jabal 68 New Reader
5/2/19 8:23 p.m.

From my somewhat limited research you're not priced incorrectly. I dream about an MRS routinely and spend too much bathroom time on CL and FB looking at listings. The number of totals will probably not help for sale to the general public, although you've obviously done the diligence to insure it's straight and safe, "they" just might not understand. Point of my ramblings is I won't have the coin for this until next year, but if I did I'd make you an offer not too far below what you put up.

java230
java230 UltraDork
5/2/19 9:36 p.m.

In reply to Difdi Al-Jabal 68 :

Thanks for posting! I was hoping it's not too far off. Weather is getting good here. Going on CL soon. 

Yes the salvage will scare a lot of folks off. Perfect autox car tho. They are competitive still! And this one has all the factory installed braces etc. 

java230
java230 UltraDork
6/10/19 2:32 p.m.

Bump! Been driving this for the last two weeks as my truck died. Just ticked over 60k. Someone come get it!

java230
java230 UltraDork
6/14/19 1:45 p.m.

Bump.... Need the cash! Offers? I have a truck load (literally) of spare parts 

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
6/14/19 5:28 p.m.

Not the right circumstances for me. GLWS!

java230
java230 UltraDork
6/15/19 9:40 a.m.

In reply to clutchsmoke :

Thank you! New project looming need the cash! Offers? 

java230
java230 UltraDork
6/19/19 9:13 a.m.

Bump!

java230
java230 UltraDork
6/24/19 3:19 p.m.

Bump again, any local ish guys interested?

java230
java230 UltraDork
7/8/19 11:19 a.m.

Bump again

java230
java230 UltraDork
7/11/19 1:34 p.m.

This car is sadly sitting next to my garage, under its carport..... not being driven. Someone rescue it!

Buelldualsport
Buelldualsport New Reader
7/11/19 1:44 p.m.

Confirm it is in WA

java230
java230 UltraDork
7/11/19 2:45 p.m.

In reply to Buelldualsport :

North Seattle!

java230
java230 UltraDork
7/15/19 10:39 a.m.

Bump! New project arrives Thursday! Need this gone.

java230
java230 UltraDork
7/18/19 4:53 p.m.

Bump! needs to go! 

java230
java230 UltraDork
7/22/19 1:01 p.m.

OK here are some more details, I keep getting people thinking its perfect (From FB not here). Its a PERFECT race car candidate. Its not perfect! I didn't care that it wasn't perfect as it was going to be a race car for me.

Starting at the front....

Front lower area on bumper cover, zip tied. Not real noticeable honestly.

Scuffs

Crease under headlight.

Drivers door

The ugly in the engione bay, I didnt replace parts that literally hold the deck lid up... I made spacers, it latches perfectly.

TRD exhust, but a dent

PPE 4-1 header, no damage, was installed post crashes.

New control arms, no damage, installed post crash.

Interior is good. 

Injectors and spacer for MAF mod

Alignment by local race shop

java230
java230 UltraDork
7/29/19 10:16 a.m.

Bump! Someone come get this!

java230
java230 UltraDork
8/14/19 10:04 a.m.

Bump again! Its going on CL soon.... Anyone need a race car??

java230
java230 UltraDork
9/12/19 12:08 p.m.

Bump!! $4800 its on CL as of now.... OBO tell me if I am way off on pricing....

Drove it to work and the wife's graduation last week. Its a fun little car! 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LBwu58j2S6k1yBR8oRGnyfdg3OLhFlzGjLDDZEsdFfUO3rfa0BYYl9OfTQ7X64hs