SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy UberDork
6/21/13 10:32 a.m.

Since the word "layoffs" is getting tossed around the workplace, I am thinking it may be time to let the E46 go and replace it with something a little less spendy, just in case.

Please note that I am registered for an HPDE weekend at Road America on July 13th-14th and intend to run this car. Basically, that means that if I sell/trade it beforehand, I will need to be in another DE-prepped car before the event. Otherwise, a sale will have to take place after the event, or I forfeit $450 in entry fees.

Anyways, the car:

2002 BMW 330ci. 108,XXX miles. Topaz Blue Metallic, Dove Grey interior. ZPP Premium package (Harmon Kardon audio, power seats, rain sensor, Xenon HIDs, auto climate control, etc), ZSP sport package (factory sport suspension, sport seats, staggered 17" style 68 wheels). All maintenance up to date, including suspension & cooling system work; huge folder full of dealer maintenance records from all previous owners, including my own work (if you have any questions feel free to ask).

Modifications: EMP Stewart high-flow water pump with ECS Tuning lightweight aluminum pulley. aFe Magnum Force intake. MagnaFlow cat-back exhaust (deep, mellow tone - sounds stock with the windows up). BMW Performance short shifter (just a tad shorter than stock) with ZHP weighted knob. Turner Motorsport stainless steel clutch line. StopTech Street Performance brake pads. ATE Super Blue brake fluid. Ireland Engineering stainless steel brake lines. Continental ExtremeContact DW tires. BMWLED cool white interior lighting (looks phenomenal ith the Dove Grey interior). USA Spec iPod/iPhone interface.

Extras: UUC Enforcer transmission mount kit (may install before sale). Full set of square (as in, not staggered) BMW M Contour 17" wheels with Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires. OEM airbox. Spare style 68 17" wheel (in addition to the spare in the trunk). Numerous spare parts including full ECS Tuning shift linkage rebuild kit, new flex disc, and more.

Issues (all minor): There are a few parking lot scratches in the paint that could probably be polished out. The leading edge of the car has some rock chips on the hood & bumper. There is some loose stitching on the passenger side outer seat bolster. Next round of maintenance would be the valve cover gasket & oil filter housing gasket; not an "issue" as much as something to plan for.

Overall: This is a wonderful, beautiful example of an E46 coupe. Topaz/Dove is one of my favorite BMW color combinations and this car really looks the part. It was lightly prepped for HPDEs but still drives on the street as if it was stock. I love this car to death and would not be selling if it weren't for possible unemployment a few months in the future. I am asking $9500. I would consider partial trades for the following vehicles (keep in mind the whole reason I am selling is to generate cash, so I cannot do any straight trades): Miata, E36 M3, E36 325, 2ZZ Celica GT-S, OR any other vehicle that could be used as a DE car without major modifications. I would like to get at least $4000 cash out of the deal if I do trade, but I may be willing to negotiate depending on what you have.

PM through the board or replying here is best to contact me - you can see some older pics of the car in my "Reader's Rides" but I will try to get current pics ASAP.

Joshua
Joshua Dork
6/23/13 6:51 p.m.

Looks like a nice car but may be a tad high...granted prices on e46's are all over the board so it's hard to say with certainty.

Either way blue topaz is a great color!

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy UberDork
6/24/13 8:58 a.m.

Yeah, they are definitely all over the place. I have some wiggle room and I could work something lower if someone didn't want one of the sets of wheels or something like that; I am hoping someone is willing to pay for the service history and great color combo basically, the light mods are just icing on the cake. If I kept the Style 68s and sent if off on the Contours I would ask $8500, I can reuse them on an E36.

Grinch337
Grinch337 New Reader
6/25/13 8:27 a.m.

Where are you located? Im assuming the mid-west since you are going to RA soon.

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
6/25/13 10:16 a.m.
Grinch337 wrote: Where are you located? Im assuming the mid-west since you are going to RA soon.

It says "Swillwaukee" (AKA: Milwaukee, WI) in his profile....

Too bad it lacks a set of doors for me.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy UberDork
6/25/13 1:18 p.m.

Correct, I'm in Milwaukee...the city of beer.

Joshua
Joshua Dork
6/28/13 12:46 a.m.

A lucky man

The service history is definitely a plus. Try advertising it on some BMW CCA sites. They truly appreciate service histories.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
6/28/13 8:22 a.m.

Man, after seeing this car on here, I spent the better part of the last 24 hours researching E46's. Now I want one BAD. I wish I was in a better financial position right now, because I would buy yours in a second. Good luck with the sale!

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
6/28/13 10:46 a.m.

Seems like a fair price--- My brother just sold his 330i ZHP (85K miles-- beautiful shape) for $12,000. While the ZHPs tend to bring a premium, I'd think a nice / well cared for example like yours should bring close to what you are asking.

Create a professional looking For Sale placard for when you attend the track day at R/A. Small things matter to the buyer-- a nice sign with detailed information will give the prospective buyer confidence that you've been meticulous.

And I'll see you up there! I'm going to the http://lapsincorporated.com/ track day as well---can't wait! Look for me in the black E36 M3.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy UberDork
7/5/13 6:39 p.m.

Just bumping, as after next weekend I will be actively pursuing a sale as soon as possible.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy UberDork
7/10/13 11:45 a.m.

New photos: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/SlickDizzy/library/  photo image-19.jpg  photo image-8.jpg  photo image-7.jpg  photo image-10.jpg  photo image-12.jpg  photo image-16.jpg

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy UberDork
7/21/13 1:11 p.m.

SOLD!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UPo3FsGrDe21MZCuM5AmbA0oBY1dbnP63RNhJ6lDbALHjGNNbUfLy5qUiRiHqLZQ