toonarmy
toonarmy New Reader
6/10/21 12:25 p.m.

2002 orange SC2 3-dr (single-year color option)
222k miles
Side curtain airbags
No sunroof
Leather shift knob
Tan cloth interior
Black emblems
Clear side marker lenses
Hotshot Performance Cold Air Intake w/ K&N filter
Hotshot Performance Oversized Throttle Body
OBX header
Thermal R&D cat-back exhaust w/ no-name replacement muffler (original one turned into a rattle-fart can long ago)
High-flow catalytic converter
Replaced struts w/ new KYBs ~10k miles ago
Dropped 1.4” all around on Eibach springs
Rear disc brake conversion (originally came w/ rear drums)
Silver 17x7 Advanti Racing Storm S1 wheels w/ worn 225/45 Rivals

1-owner car that has spent its life in GA.  Clean title in hand. Suspension was updated about 10k miles ago, including new KYB strut assemblies, Eibach springs, tie rods, and new sway bar bushings.  It does burn oil (like every high-mileage Saturn) so I have to add a quart every 1500-2000 miles, but still change the oil every 3k miles anyway  Car is far from perfect (fading paint on rear deck lid and bumper, small dents on hood/roof from neighbor's Hickory tree) but looks good from 10 feet.

A few years ago I came across a same-color parts color w/ a blown motor so I scavenged it for parts, including radiator, air bags, and body panels (door skins, hood, front fenders, front fascia, side sills, trunk lid).  A number of these body panels would be an improvement over what is on the car currently, I just haven't had the time or energy to swap them.  I’ve also got boxes and bins full of parts that have been stored in my basement (father was a Saturn mechanic for 15+ years so plenty of extra bits have been accumulated).  The car is still on its original A/C but still blows cold even during the summers down here. Heat works well too. 

No rust anywhere of note.  Older aftermarket CD head unit and Infinity speakers (I think- been a while since I swapped them). Driver’s seat show a bit of wear, but no tears/stains on any interior surfaces. Headliner was just replaced a few months back.  Floor mats at all four seats, but driver’s mat is worn. Will need front brake rotors at some point but I have a freshly cut set amongst the spares.  Car is on its third clutch and second set of piston rings. Transmission fluid was replaced ~25k miles ago. Also have replaced one of the rear calipers because the original froze (don’t remember which side though).

From a driving perspective, it handles better than a Saturn has any right to and is fun to rev (pulls hard up top and makes all the right sounds).  Personally, I think the car is a bit underdamped with the current KYB/Eibach combination (seems to crash over sharp road undulations) but YMMV.  Pre-pandemic, it was my almost-daily driver (sunny days belong to the ND, autox to the 510) and it’s been dead reliable for 19+ years. 

$1900 obo.  For those interested, all the spares/extras MUST go with the car- I don’t know what I would do with a basement full of S-series parts.  A few pics are below but please let me know if you would like to see any additional shots.  

Thanks for looking!

toonarmy
toonarmy New Reader
6/10/21 12:32 p.m.

Forgot to include location- Stone Mountain, GA (suburb northeast of ATL)

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/10/21 1:16 p.m.

Ok, I'm interested. And I may be in your neck of the woods this weekend. 

Let me check in with my daughter. 

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
6/10/21 1:45 p.m.

Daughter is interested. You've got a PM

toonarmy
toonarmy New Reader
6/10/21 2:19 p.m.

In reply to SVreX (Forum Supporter) :

Apparently i'm still too new/don't post enough to be allowed to see PMs.  Can you email me instead? 
d  b  e  s  a  l
@
gmail

Thanks!

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
6/10/21 2:22 p.m.

In reply to toonarmy :

You've got mail.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau UltraDork
6/12/21 7:55 p.m.

If Paul passes on this, I'm in Atlanta and can come as soon as Monday. I really need a reliable car. 

toonarmy
toonarmy New Reader
6/14/21 6:51 p.m.

This has been sold.  Glad it went to a good GRM home!

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
6/14/21 7:30 p.m.

In reply to toonarmy :

I owe you an apology. This weekend totally got away from me. 

I'm glad it found a good home.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau UltraDork
6/14/21 7:44 p.m.

It's at my home!

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
6/14/21 7:46 p.m.

In reply to maschinenbau :

(Facepalm!) haha!

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
6/14/21 7:47 p.m.

My daughter decided to keep her grandmother's P71, so it's not all bad!

toonarmy
toonarmy New Reader
6/14/21 8:33 p.m.
SVreX (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to toonarmy :

I owe you an apology. This weekend totally got away from me. 

I'm glad it found a good home.

No worries!

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
6/14/21 8:40 p.m.
maschinenbau said:

It's at my home!

You can take the man out of the Saturn but you can't take the Saturn out of the man.  Glad you got a reliable car after the Fiat disaster.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xDb7WRgZK8YZs1nCEEs3kKTOPRClq4xPQF37UdoOrz73fjkcUopQgCwPBMoL0Aej