1 2
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
3/10/22 1:35 p.m.

So who's volunteering to make the drive?  I'm on the north side of Atlanta for the record laugh.  

Discussing with the Mrs.  It's a bit more challenging, she's home in Atlanta working and I just landed in San Francisco for a race weekend.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
3/10/22 1:44 p.m.

In reply to SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) :

Change your flight home to NH?

legendscar95
legendscar95 New Reader
3/10/22 1:49 p.m.

Having just purchased the mighty G35 6MT here a few weeks ago (weeks?  Month?   Well - recently... ) even I just googled a plane ticket from Charlotte to Manchester (super cheap one way - like 200 bucks cheap).

This is a great car @ a great price.    I've regretted selling my '99 540i for a while....

I need to stop looking at this forum and stick to advrider where I can't afford the BMW's they advertise....   :)

golfduke
golfduke Dork
3/10/22 2:34 p.m.

Well, you all have a few weeks before I take it out of the garage for a detail, photoshoot, and release to the masses.  I'm pretty chill (a.k.a. lazy) about things like this, so just let me know.  It's not listed anywhere except here, and I don't intend to do otherwise for a little while... doesnt help that it just simply will.not.stop.snowing around here lately either.

Region_Rat
Region_Rat New Reader
3/10/22 4:55 p.m.

I've never been to that part of the country...

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
3/10/22 7:11 p.m.
golfduke said:

I should note that this is, BY FAR, the cleanest underside of any BMW I've EVER owned... and I've bought... a lot.  There is zero rust or corrosion. 

Nobody believed me!

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
3/13/22 12:24 a.m.

Was working in Laconia all summer and even got to ride my motorcycle all over up there.  It really is a beautiful place 

Brokeback (Matt)
Brokeback (Matt) HalfDork
3/13/22 11:20 a.m.

I shouldn't have looked at prices for flights.

Harvey
Harvey SuperDork
3/14/22 2:59 p.m.

A manual trans as well. Boy that is a pretty car and here I am in CT. I definitely need to not get this car. I had a 97 and I've done that and I shouldn't want to go back, but man.

itgogitrev
itgogitrev New Reader
3/14/22 3:41 p.m.

Hmm... I can drive to Cleveland in a day. The big question is "how fast can I sell my G35 sedan?"

golfduke
golfduke Dork
3/15/22 8:15 a.m.
itgogitrev said:

Hmm... I can drive to Cleveland in a day. The big question is "how fast can I sell my G35 sedan?"

The car came from Cleveland!  Haha.  It was actually a really pleasant Fly and Drive-  not too long to be super scary if crap went wrong, and a good long time to get to know the car intimately. 

HundredDollarCar
HundredDollarCar Reader
3/15/22 10:19 a.m.

Never having done it before, I believe I PM'd you.

golfduke
golfduke Dork
3/15/22 10:22 a.m.
HundredDollarCar said:

Never having done it before, I believe I PM'd you.

You did, and I replied with my direct contact info. 

golfduke
golfduke Dork
3/15/22 10:51 a.m.

Deposit received, and sold pending pickup...  

golfduke
golfduke Dork
3/20/22 10:15 a.m.

annnd Sold to a GRM member/lurker who I hope makes a thread documenting their journey with her.  I have to admit, it struck me profoundly watching it drive away...  but I'm excited to get my 2 post lift into my now empty-ish garage, and get going on a bigger project.  The 540 was just so damn clean and reliable, that it wasn't enough for me to enjoy wrenching on... because i never had to wrench on it.

Anyways, thanks GRM.  As always, you deliver the goods. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5uwU0NXz1HyQJYPX73pkKNrsI4vOO3sQJoYXFryJk7AMgR6qQqd6ceRUCQdGPfHt