secretariata
secretariata SuperDork
9/16/19 5:28 p.m.

2004 350z hardtop with 115,3xx miles on it currently. Mileage will go up slightly as I try to drive it once a week or so to work. Daytona Blue in color with a black cloth interior. I believe it is the Enthusiast package. Has cruise control, AC, power windows and an aftermarket radio with cd player, bluetooth, front usb & 3.5mm aux inputs. The car appears to have either 4 front or 4 rear wheels on it as all are the same width (I don't remember if they are 7.5”or 8") and have the same size tires (good for rotating tires, but OEM setup has staggered widths with 7.5" on front and 8” on the rear). Continental DWS tires all around with some life left in them (I’d estimate 8k to 10k miles left). 

Good: It’s got a 6 speed manual transmission with a new clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, single mass flywheel, slave cylinder and rear main seal installed about 3 months and less than 1000 miles ago. Both rear wheel bearing assemblies replaced about 20k miles ago. Differential mount bushings replaced with Whiteline polyurethane bushings at the same time. I have a pair of power black leather seats (heated too IIRC) from another 350z to go with the car.

Not so Good/Bad: Drivers seat bolster has worn through where the section wraps around your lower ribcage from rubbing getting in and out of vehicle. Shown in photo. Paint is fading on roof and hatch. A number of paint chips and scratches with the worst ones shown in photos. Front end appears to have been repainted at some point. The bumper cover has cracks and spiderwebs and a section of the hood on the leading edge has bubbled up (I have tried to show this damage in photos). Rear window seal is out in top passenger side, but does not leak water into hatch.  Everything I have read indicates the rear glass will probably break if I try to remove it to replace the seal.  One of the previous owners lived in the mountains so there is some surface rust (more than typical for this location) on the underside of the chassis, but nothing structural.

We have owned it for about 9.5 years (purchased with around 45k miles), it was my wife’s daily driver until she passed away a few months ago. I need to reduce the fleet size so this is the next to get posted for sale. Looking at KBB prices for private sale prices in good condition shows a range of $5200-$7500. I'm looking for around $6,000. I’d rather not go the Craigslist route if I don’t have to and would list it higher if I do go that way, but I want to try selling through GRM first.  Clear title in my name and in my possession.

Car is located about 15 miles NW of Columbia, SC just off I-26 Exit 101. I can't get PM's because I have a yahoo email account. Phone # Deleted...If you call, please leave a message if I don't answer. I usually have the ringer off and miss most calls and I don't return calls from unknown numbers that don't leave a message which is relevant to my life...

Just want to point out that I just took these photos after driving it home from work today and have not made any attempt to wash, vacuum, or otherwise clean up the car yet.  You can probably tell this from the photos below...

Edited to revise wheel widths.  All 4 are the same, I don't remember if they are all 7.5" or 8" width.  I'll have to check and update later...

Seat Damage

Odometer 9/16/19

Hood Paint Bubbling

Nose Clear Peeling

Crack in Front Bumper Cover

Chip in Passenger A Pillar

Spiderweb in Front Bumper Cover

Scratches from life as a DD

Roof

secretariata
secretariata SuperDork
9/22/19 8:38 p.m.

I know it's not challenge priced and that hurts interest to a degree...So am I way out of line on price?

I'm not emotionally tied to the car because it belonged to my wife, so if I won't get offended by comments that the price is off as long as they aren't the totally jackhole C'list type..."What's your lowest price" or "I got a $1000 and that's cash! I can be there in 30 minutes if you'll sell it for that." :)

boxedfox
boxedfox Reader
9/22/19 9:28 p.m.

It might help if you posted pictures of the good parts of the car too. I think it's fantastic that you're being honest about the minor flaws of the car, but those shouldn't be the only pictures on your ad. Put up some nice 3/4 angle shots and some nice wide photos of the interior and engine bay. The car might look amazing from a few feet away.

yupididit
yupididit UberDork
9/22/19 9:59 p.m.

GLWS, I don't know the prices for these. 

secretariata
secretariata SuperDork
10/21/19 4:48 p.m.

Car is sold! 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IC9Bftmt8begd7ZBxC4cj3HhAdyA2Hdjil9ugBC9J3QcFT6d1iRaDPHI1JnLdnUf