bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
4/29/21 1:26 p.m.

Co worker selling this critter. Challenge money. I'm hearing a grand let's it go. 
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/959363168134764/

I can get more info to anyone interested. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/29/21 2:19 p.m.

is that a 2zz?

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/29/21 2:32 p.m.

yes, it would appear so. 2zz, rated at 170hp. c60 trans. wonder what the engine issue is all about?

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
4/29/21 2:53 p.m.

Yeah, its the "hot rod" version of that gen corolla. I get some free time I'll get more info. We've been covered up here

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
4/29/21 3:59 p.m.

OK, short story, car will start with a jump. Battery is dead. Runs rough.

Longer story: car drove through puddle and died. Pulled plugs, no water, changed oil, but no water there. Starter was weak and replaced and it started but ran really rough. No time or place to deal with it so the for sale sign went up. Clutch parts were replaced when the trans was rebuilt not that long ago. Could be an electrical issue, could be a bent valve if it ingested enough water. For a grand I'm almost tempted to snatch it and flip it but the wife might kill me.

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
4/30/21 11:12 a.m.

Thought I might be able to talk some racing buddies into this as a Challenge/Lemons/Chump car, but doesn't look like that's happening.  A quick on-line search would indicate if the compression checks out, it's pretty likely the MAF is borked, so possible 10 minute/$50 fix.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
s65LJfL8g0hbOWrUZIHB2x45uplaz2mKZOe4npmnjAcZHpqjv2uNJPvuSO20R70e