P3PPY
P3PPY Dork
10/13/21 6:30 a.m.

It's AWD and not that old so I'd take it if I could get it repaired before I flew down there. Lacking that ability, someone please grab this 

9-7x 4.2

P3PPY
P3PPY Dork
10/13/21 6:31 a.m.

Oops 2009. Even better

wae
wae UberDork
10/13/21 6:36 a.m.

That's not too far from me, but I'm already project-stacked.  If someone wanted to fly-fix-and-drive, we can put it on the trailer, get it to the shop, throw it on the lift, and get it ready to roll!

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
10/13/21 6:51 a.m.

In reply to wae :

Does it have the third row seating? If so, Yes, please.

I don't have book face account.  Can you grab it?

P3PPY
P3PPY Dork
10/13/21 8:11 a.m.

I messaged the guy when I was down in TN, he's responsive, been dropping the price by a hundred every couple days recently. Act fast.

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
10/13/21 8:19 a.m.

This is close to the Cincy area where there are a bunch of GRM folks if anyone needs an assist.  I had the GMC Denali offset to this and it was a great family truckster.

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
10/13/21 8:20 a.m.
Indy "Nub" Guy said:

In reply to wae :

Does it have the third row seating? If so, Yes, please.

I don't have book face account.  Can you grab it?

I just searched the inter-webs.  No third row on these, you have to get the EXT version, with is only on the trailblazer and Envoy, not Saab version.

I'm out.

P3PPY
P3PPY Dork
10/13/21 8:24 a.m.

I just contacted him. No 3rd row.

P3PPY
P3PPY Dork
10/13/21 8:35 a.m.
wae said:

That's not too far from me, but I'm already project-stacked.  If someone wanted to fly-fix-and-drive, we can put it on the trailer, get it to the shop, throw it on the lift, and get it ready to roll!

wae, IF you'd be up for it, what $$$ would you want for that work? If I flew down to drive it back, it would have to be after work and it's a 5 hour drive home so I wouldn't have time to do it myself there.

wae
wae UberDork
10/13/21 9:03 a.m.

I have absolutely no idea how difficult of a job tie rods and an alternator are on one of these - or what else would need to be done for a successful fly/drive.  But if a couple nice bottles of not-irish and not-canadian whiskey showed up, I think we could work something out.

P3PPY
P3PPY Dork
10/13/21 8:57 p.m.

Well then, I guess I'd better PM a certain 3 letter user!

wae
wae UberDork
10/13/21 10:04 p.m.

In reply to P3PPY :

received and replied

P3PPY
P3PPY Dork
10/17/21 8:20 a.m.

What does the hive know about these with the I6 and some shaking at idle at 175k miles? Dude's wife is trying to get it gone, wae and I are trying to work something out at $600 (!!)

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
10/17/21 9:08 a.m.

Can't possibly go wrong at $600.  Sell the Cat and scrap the rest recovers your cost.

Shaking at idle sounds like misfire:  bad plugs , coils or wires.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/17/21 12:54 p.m.

I'd look at codes and go from there.  Plug, coil, injector, bad gas, etc.  

P3PPY
P3PPY Dork
10/18/21 7:00 a.m.

I'm trying to go along with the fact that at the sale price it's a no-lose, but it's going to immediately need tie rods, alternator, alignment, flight down there, liquid replenishment to wae, registration and taxes. So that's an additional $600. Granted, that's not a TON of risk, but I'm getting pushback from the Mrs. 

Assuming it's not the simple fixes, and it's like the valves, is it livable like that or am I doing harm if there's a little shaking at idle?

Is there any other maintenance or things that tend to fail on Trailblazers I6s a little before 200k?

wae
wae UberDork
10/18/21 9:48 a.m.

In reply to P3PPY :

Okay, back from rallyX Nationals so ready to apply some brain cycles to this!

I can go and pull codes and take a look as best I can.  I'm not particularly familiar with these trucks, so I don't know what specific common things need to be checked, but I can examine the basics.  I can head down tonight, but it wouldn't be until kinda lateish - I'd be able to leave here around 7 and then Cynthiana is about a hour away.  Alternately, I could do tomorrow morning and that would probably be better, what with the daylight and everything.  See if you can arrange that and if so, I'll hook up the trailer and head that way tomorrow.

P3PPY
P3PPY Dork
10/18/21 10:06 a.m.

In reply to wae :

Sounds good, man. The guy said before 10 is best for him, that's when he heads to work. I'll get with you via text, too

borf42
borf42 Reader
10/18/21 3:10 p.m.

I have the GMC Envoy version of this with the 4.2. While I was trying to diagnose a no start, I accidentally left one of the coil packs unplugged. It ran, but poorly. Now, there is an issue with these where the water running down the windshield takes out the coil on plug for that cylinder under the cowl and it will do that. My no start was a seized AC compressor, if that helps anyone. The belt held on enough that the starter couldn't turn the motor over. Good luck!!

P3PPY
P3PPY Dork
10/25/21 7:32 p.m.

Update is that it was too many new problems for even the $500 he was asking. Also it had sat for 4 years, which I didn't discover until wae made it all the way out there :/ note to self is to call beforehand EVERY TIME. Apparently I wasn't the one who thought that way. 

and the list went on. 
Wae thought it could make some dough being parted but even he didn't have space for that. Oh well

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/25/21 8:40 p.m.

$1700 Taurus in Metro Detroit 120k miles on a 2004.  Offer less, like $1000

Whiskey bump on the driver's door. 

Ann Arbor JY has this door.  Price not given but probably $100.  Or, just drive the pre-dented version as-is.  

Verify the paint code. There may be differnt shades of beige offered over the years.   All Fords have a tag like this in the drivers door jam:

or

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PhPVfG4ERUn3X41mCoGFkXf8DWqRqh9WVBiFLit5SOTUSMtlaRixNUzTbGlpQdq7