Sold. On its way to NY. Enjoy it Wally!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/2/21 6:17 p.m.

heart

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/2/21 6:19 p.m.

That's 2 GRMers driving red cars home cross country bought from Forum members at the exact same time. 

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
8/3/21 7:02 a.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Well done sir, well done.   I hope you drive the E36 M3 out of it!  devil

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/3/21 7:09 a.m.

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

Hopefully your travel partner isn't snoring as bad as mine 

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and MegaDork
8/3/21 7:34 a.m.
jfryjfry said:

That is a great deal even If the heads aren't fixed. 

IIRC, the heads on this car have been fixed and it does have a cam in it. I think Jamison's Custom Corvette here in town did the work.

I'm 95% certain this car came out of Charleston SC. where it belonged to a local autocrosser. If it's the car I think it is, it's as fast as stink. 

Have fun with it, Wally!

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
8/3/21 8:16 a.m.

Love the inter forum vehicle trades!

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
8/3/21 9:57 a.m.

Well bought Wally! Enjoy the Gs this thing pulls.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
8/3/21 9:05 p.m.

We made it home, 850 miles, a little over two tanks of gas and it ran well the whole way. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
8/4/21 7:54 p.m.

I can't believe there were no responsible adults to stop me from doing this. 

This thing is insane.  It happily covered 850 miles, repeatedly soaked my brother in Mt Dew, taking two kids to lacrosse practice with giant smiles.  It accelerates like nothing I've ever been in, and like any sensible hatchback it returns decent fuel mileage if I can behave.  I need to do a couple things so I can use regularly, mostly for my own convenience and then it may see more regular commuting duty than I expected to get it comfortable before we hit the road this fall. 

Nofive_0
Nofive_0 Reader
8/5/21 7:32 a.m.

Glad you are getting use out of it. Better than sitting in my garage collecting dust. 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr PowerDork
8/5/21 8:19 a.m.

What convenience things are you planning?  I have always liked these except I'm worried about how they are to live with as a sometimes daily driver.

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and MegaDork
8/5/21 10:28 a.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

Seatbelts for Ollie. laugh

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
8/5/21 11:43 a.m.

May you be blessed with a E36 M3 eating grin each and every time you drive it!   

Wally (Forum Supporter)
8/5/21 6:54 p.m.

In reply to Nofive_0 :

It's gotten a bit of abuse already, now it's got to sit until the DMV mails me plates. 

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

I don't need much, a phone holder because I use it for music and nav and in heavy traffic the tunnel gets warm enough that my iPhone overheated in the console bin and shut down. I want to add a couple power outlets for my iPad and other phone, a couple tie downs for a small tool kit and my suitcase, I may have to remove the tint from the door windows to pass inspection, and a front plate mount. 

As for how comfortable it is daily I'll have a better answer in a few weeks. I'm perfectly happy how it is but once it's legal I promised a friend we'd go up north for dinner. Her tastes in cars and company tend to be a bit more upscale so I'm sure I'll have a story and a better idea of how normal people feel in it and how I could better myself lol. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
8/5/21 6:54 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01 + Sized and :

There's a harness on order 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/5/21 7:12 p.m.

... and how I could better myself ...

im like bitch I got a C6 Z06, I'm all done with bettering myself!

Wally (Forum Supporter)
8/5/21 7:28 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

She's actually really sweet but we live in completely different worlds and sometimes I need a few hints on carrying myself around company. It's been fun seeing how different that world can be and that I can't even pretend to play in it.  

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
8/5/21 8:52 p.m.

Oh yes you can. 

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/5/21 9:16 p.m.

Have you picked out an underhood airbrushed mural for it yet? I'm thinking Ollie would be perfect. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
8/6/21 6:32 a.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

I'm pretending to fit in for now. She's out near you somewhere, if you see me be sure to point and laugh. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
8/6/21 6:34 a.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

Once we get matching gold chains and his little New Balances come in maybe we'll do that. 

8/6/21 8:48 a.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

She's actually really sweet but we live in completely different worlds and sometimes I need a few hints on carrying myself around company. 

1. Stand up straight
  2. Introduce yourself confidently
  3. Speak when spoken to
  4. if you've got nothing positive to say, then say nothing. Until you know the person well enough to ask if they got a free bowl of soup with that hat.
8/6/21 8:57 a.m.
  • If the pants have belt loops, wear a belt. 
  • Wear comfortable, new-ish shoes.
  • Be Pretty Woman Julia Roberts. Observe and imitate. Fake it til you make it.
8/6/21 9:13 a.m.

People love receiving compliments. If her nails look nice, say "Wow, I love your nails!" But in a Frank Zappa way, not a Richard Simmons way. This also applies to men. "That's a great watch" or "Dang, you must spend a lot of time in the weight room!"

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EguKqWCr1SY2NGT2r5uy4X6Rve1ryBlTX5y6CvIib0xDbKinIrWz79JaW5aH2uzX