theshiftpattern
theshiftpattern New Reader
9/25/22 3:34 p.m.

***SOLD***

I'm listing our 2008 Mazda Sport w/ 5-speed manual for sale because we just got a great deal on a Volvo XC70. See below for details.

More photos available here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/eaV5nvBX4TuY2rJZ7

Completely rust-free 5-speed Mazda5 Sport that spent the first decade of its life in Texas. After purchasing in October 2019 with 172k miles, I replaced the following:

- Brake master cylinder (including brake fluid flush)
- Front KYB gas struts with new mounts and bearings
- Front control arms, ball joints, and bushings
- Outer tie rod ends
- Front sway bar bushings
- Left and right axle assemblies
- New General G-Max summer tires
- NGK iridium spark plugs
- Engine air filter
- Cabin air filter

In addition to the above, I’ve performed oil changes every 5k miles with Motorcraft 5w20 synthetic blend and Wix filters.

There are some scratches and dings on the body, the worst of which is a dent under the righthand taillight, but there is ZERO RUST. I have FluidFilmed the undercarriage in the fall to ensure it remains rust-free.

The interior is clean and in very nice condition and includes a full set of high-quality WeatherTech floor thermoplastic mats. Seats six, the two rows of rear bucket seats fold down flat. I replaced the factory radio with a Pioneer MVH-300EX head unit with Bluetooth. The automatic climate control works great with cold A/C and hot heat.

Comes with a set of General Altimax winter tires mounted on steel rims. Fitted with a Thule roof rack and fairing for extra carrying capacity on the roof.

Extremely practical yet fun to drive, especially with the manual transmission. Runs great and shifts nicely, clutch is good and strong. The car currently has 187k miles on it. 

This is the perfect vehicle for someone who needs to haul people and stuff but enjoys spirited driving while rowing their own gears.

Asking $4500. Located in Louisville, Kentucky. 

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
9/25/22 3:43 p.m.

Any interest in trades?

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
9/25/22 4:29 p.m.

Oh man, I need something to replace my Prius C as that will be going to my daughter when she turns 16.  My one complaint about my Prius is that it's too small.  Funny enough I'm in Kentucky right now for a race, Bowling Green.  Going to message you in a bit 

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
9/25/22 5:18 p.m.

Damn that's a good deal!

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
9/25/22 7:52 p.m.

In reply to theshiftpattern :

I commend you on some very nicely done pictures in that link you provided.  As a former '10 Mazda5 owner, the pictures do a great job of capturing the interior flexibility.  

theshiftpattern
9/25/22 9:35 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

No, I have too many cars already which is why I'm choosing to sell it. 

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
9/26/22 11:48 a.m.

PM sent.

chiquito1228
chiquito1228 New Reader
10/4/22 7:12 p.m.

Did you ever sell it the 5

theshiftpattern
10/5/22 11:19 a.m.

In reply to chiquito1228 :