Powar
Powar UltraDork
2/21/23 9:57 a.m.

GRM Family Price - $5000 

We grabbed a new car for my wife last weekend, so this one needs a new home. From my CL/FBMP ad:

239k miles
4 New tires with less than 1k miles on them
New PowerStop ceramic brake pads and rotors last year
EGR cooler service, intake service, transmission service, coolant change, engine mount, cabin air filter, and spark plugs in '21
Legal tinted windows
Oil last changed 12/22

This Prius IV is fairly loaded: Factory navigation, heated leather seats, power everything, proximity door unlocking, and so on. 

Like most cars at this mileage, it burns a bit of oil between changes. I check it once a month and add as needed. I've never seen it visibly smoke and it doesn't have any effect on the way the car runs.

This has been my wife's daily driver and the car we've used to drive our child around for a couple of years now, so I always made sure it got anything it needed. This car needs nothing at all. No major body damage and nothing that keeps it from being presentable. Currently averaging 45MPG on 87 octane with no warning lights or concerns. I would trust this car to drive anywhere, and have taken it on multiple trips over the past couple of years. It has served us very well. We're selling only because we replaced it with a new car

I added an oil catch can when I did the big round of work to help prevent the EGR cooler clogging that plagues the 3rd gen cars. Internet lore says it does the trick. I was tempted to hold onto it just to drive for a while, but we have too many cars sitting around and none of them get driven enough. 

Powar
Powar UltraDork
2/21/23 10:00 a.m.

I'll also include the winter wheel and tire setup. The Michelins have excellent tread, but are older and cracking.

Powar
Powar UltraDork
2/21/23 7:57 p.m.

Sale pending.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wB4PwAz91akfyWOzWWfpOTvRTrBMIEP1eQjqNJFwT5myljkOT2uy0QZaOSyvgH8P