1 2
Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/1/22 12:59 p.m.

Would you like to own BoostWagon? 

Of course you would!

It's a 2012 Ford Flex (1st gen) EcoBoost AWD Titanium. The Titanium was the top trim and of limited production with unique grill, headlights, taillights, rear finish panel, wheels, and interior. The 3.5L V6 is DOHC and features twin turbochargers and 355HP stock. This one is 2 owners, clean title, with zero issues. Never smoked in, never damaged, and never off-roaded. It has the panoramic roof, roof rack, refrigerator center console, power third row with tailgate party mode, parking assist, backup camera, HD/Satelitte/NAV/CD/touchscreen, heated power seats, etc, etc. I also added the Unleashed Tuning Power Package as well as a Roush CAI. It has new Cooper CS5 UltraTouring tires and is 100% up to date on maintenance.

Asking $17,500 obo for a GRMer. Located in Washington State. Guaranteed you can fly from anywhere and drive home. Will pick you up at the airport.

crxmike
crxmike Reader
1/1/22 1:31 p.m.

Current miles? Any idea on tow rating with this configuration? Super clean... Did you ever have a build thread? I recall reading your Flex posts, but couldn't quickly remember if they were scattered. 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
1/1/22 1:33 p.m.

In reply to crxmike :

Title says 86k miles

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/1/22 1:38 p.m.

In reply to crxmike :

86,762 miles. Factory Towing Package with class 3 hitch tows 4,500 lbs.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/1/22 1:39 p.m.
crxmike said:

Current miles? Any idea on tow rating with this configuration? Super clean... Did you ever have a build thread? I recall reading your Flex posts, but couldn't quickly remember if they were scattered. 

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/project-boost-wagon-mk-ii-2012-ford-flex-titanium-ecoboost-awd/177256/page1/

crxmike
crxmike Reader
1/1/22 1:53 p.m.

Thanks... I missed in thread title. 

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/1/22 2:09 p.m.

In reply to crxmike :

Let me know if you have any questions.  Tree six oh five one oh tree 666

bluej (Forum Supporter)
bluej (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
1/1/22 2:24 p.m.

Does this mean you're not going to do that Flex buyers and mod guide you hinted at?? Thoughts on the unleashed tune vs. other options?

I've been loving my almost identically equipped '14 limited EB Flex for the 3 months I've had it.  Jav is offering his for ~$5k less than I paid, so this sounds like a good deal for somebody!

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/1/22 2:31 p.m.
bluej (Forum Supporter) said:

Does this mean you're not going to do that Flex buyers and mod guide you hinted at?? Thoughts on the unleashed tune vs. other options?

I've been loving my almost identically equipped '14 limited EB Flex for the 3 months I've had it.  Jav is offering his for ~$5k less than I paid, so this sounds like a good deal for somebody!

Still gonna do the videos and guides! I have actually shot a bit of footage already.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/1/22 3:52 p.m.

I'd like but timing is not right. For anyone else considering, this is a nicely outfitted example and a great price in this new market. I've followed along with this one since you bought it.

Sure, Porsche is Porsche, but I'm not really sure you're better off with the Porsche.  This Flex may be the real winner. 

kimr
kimr
1/1/22 5:50 p.m.

Hi ,I would like to see more pics . Do you have any listed on any websites ?

thanks 

KR

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/1/22 8:09 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

The Flex is great and I love it, I just don't need it like I think I do. In the 2 years we've had one we've taken all 4 kids out of town together exactly 5 times total, and 4 of those were to family that won't be visited again for a long while. It makes more sense to rent a real minivan the 1 time a year we take the kids on vacation than it is for me to commute to work alone in such a big wagon. The Cayenne adds all weather/ all terrain utility to the fleet.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/2/22 1:08 p.m.

The Boostwagon apparently isn't cool enough for cars and bids (who have a Volvo V70 XC, GMC Sonoma, and an F150 XLT listed right now) so I'm going to need to figure something out. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/2/22 3:30 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

I think it will sell quickly on CL/FB as just a normal Ford Flex. I probably wouldn't mention the tune and maybe pull the CAI and replace with stock if you have it. 

There's a real minivan shortage on the used market. Most used minivans come from rental fleet cast-off but the rental fleets are not casting off at the same rate. 

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
1/2/22 3:31 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

I agree with John Welsh.  Pull the tune and cai ( sell separately). Sell as a normal car. It'll go quick. 

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/2/22 3:36 p.m.
John Welsh said:

In reply to Javelin :

I think it will sell quickly on CL/FB as just a normal Ford Flex. I probably wouldn't mention the tune and maybe pull the CAI and replace with stock if you have it. 

There's a real minivan shortage on the used market. Most used minivans come from rental fleet cast-off but the rental fleets are not casting off at the same rate. 

Yeah, I have all of the stock stuff, so I can de-mod it. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/2/22 3:38 p.m.

A lot of traditional bank financing favors cars with under 100k, so your 86k becomes a strong selling point. 

Don't price yourself like a 2012, price yourself like an any year Flex with 86k. 

Go to the popular sites like auto trader and see what an 86k Flex within 200 miles of you retails for. 

2016 w/ 73k @ $24k

2014 w/ 79k @ $17k

2013 w/94k @ $17k

2014 w/78k @ $26k

Yours is priced correctly.

Also on autotrader, within 100 miles of your zip code, I sorted Ford Flex, any year with less than 100k miles and less than $18k purchase price.  The result is 6 units and none seem to be EcoBoost engine and all might be fwd only.  None of them are Titanium level trim!  

Actually, you are under priced.  

ojannen
ojannen Reader
1/2/22 5:07 p.m.

I priced out our similar spec flex to carvana and got an offer in the low $20s a few months ago.  Somewhat less miles but otherwise similar car.  I would check with them if you don't get any bites soon.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/2/22 9:00 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Hmm, that's some good points. I think I'll put it back to stock and list it on CL/AutoTrader with a higher price.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
1/2/22 9:02 p.m.

I am both sad and happy that you are exactly on the opposite corner of the country from me.

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
1/2/22 9:02 p.m.

Check with carmax. They did me right when i went to sell my truck last month. 

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/2/22 9:48 p.m.

Carvana offered $13250, AutoNation offered $12000, CarMax offered $12500, and Vroom offered $11000.

None of them are remotely in the ballpark.

Cheapest AWD EcoBoost Flex under 90K miles within 350 miles of me is $17999 and is not loaded or a Titanium. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/3/22 9:08 a.m.

Another thing you can search... 

3rd row, awd, under 100k, under $18k

There will be very few choices and the cheapest ones will be Dodge Journeys (not much 3rd row room.) 

The annual tax return, used car price hike will be upon us in the next 30 days too! 

Also, in any listing for the Flex be sure to drop the keyword "Explorer" into the ad.  We know how similar the Flex and the Explorer are but as an Explorer, your car would be more than $20k.  

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
1/3/22 10:07 a.m.

Interesting numbers from Carnac and carvana.  I think loaded up on a bunch of cars they overpaid for and are now coming down in price. 

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/3/22 10:39 a.m.

I looked at this Flex new and it was $55K in 2012 dollars, so yes, this is a good deal. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8W1eVp2TsSGbDX96yejJ9zM0tuq12coOQGtTvJAqE1qATyxIAgJtp5CZ9Kjn6f9V