Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter)
Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) Reader
5/4/21 8:11 a.m.

Selling my 2016 Ram 1500 Sport with 5.7L Hemi V8. Crew Cab with 6.5’ bed. I bought this truck at the end of August 2019 and have driven it sparingly (about 12,000 miles in total) since. My personal and work situations have both shifted and I don’t have a need for a personal truck at this point. Truck is located in Arlington, VA.

I am the second owner, and the first lived in Winchester, VA. Odometer currently sits at 53,750 miles and will not be going up much as I have another vehicle to drive daily and work from home. Clean title, clean Carfax. Truck is Certified Pre-Owned from Mopar and has a Powertrain warranty until 2023 or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. You can transfer this to your name for $150 through Mopar/Chrysler.

This is as fully-loaded as you could get a Sport trim of Ram 1500 in 2016, except for parking sensors.

Notable features of this 2016 Ram 1500 Sport are as follows…

Mechanical:

• 5.7L Hemi V8 - 395 HP and 410 lb-ft of torque
  • ZF/Mopar 8-speed (8HP70) automatic transmission
  • 4x4 with “Auto 4WD” option AND limited-slip rear differential (Ram calls this “Anti Spin”)
  • 3.92 axle gearing
  • 32 gallon upsized fuel tank
  • Four-corner air suspension, used regularly and works flawlessly
  • Factory tow package

Exterior:

• Blue Streak Pearl paint
  • 20” wheels with recent (50th week of 2018) Goodyear tires
  • 6.4’ bed with spray-in bedliner and LED bed lighting
  • Bakflip MX4 four-section hard tonneau cover in 9/10 condition. Secures bed contents when closed as tailgate locks with the key
  • Halogen projector headlights
  • Power folding mirrors
  • Running boards
  • Sunroof
  • Power sliding rear window
  • Rain-sensing windshield wipers
  • Backup camera

Interior:

• Black leather seats - front seats are heated and cooled
  • Heated steering wheel
  • UConnect infotainment - 8.4” touchscreen, built-in navigation, Bluetooth for phone calls and music streaming. USB port in center armrest.
  • Alpine sound system
  • Trailer brake controller
  • Power adjustable pedals
  • HomeLink garage door opener

Maintenance has mostly been performed at Farrish Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ram of Fairfax, VA. Notable work includes:

• Transmission replacement (for something I didn’t think was an issue) at 44k miles
  • Intake manifold gaskets replaced
  • Exhaust manifold studs replaced
  • Fuel tank replaced (vent line had cracked)
  • Fuel pump replaced (gauge sender was failing)

I also put a new set of StopTech brake pads and rotors on the truck, both front and rear, in July 2020 as they were due to be replaced. Differentials had fresh Redline fluid in November 2020 per service recommendation.

Money:
The truck currently has a lien through Bank of America. We will complete the transaction at a BoA branch convenient to both of us as your check will release the title to you or your bank.

You will receive the original window sticker, two keys, and all maintenance records from my ownership period. You or your bank will receive the title depending on your financing situation.

$37,500 OBO

----------

Full album of photos can be found here.

karplus2
karplus2 Reader
5/4/21 9:56 a.m.

That's a good looking truck! Makes  me wish I was in the market for one. GLWS!

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
5/4/21 9:57 a.m.

Beautiful truck 

are the trannys a problem on these FCA products? 

good luck with sale 

5/4/21 10:03 a.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

Beautiful truck 

are the trannys a problem on these FCA products? 

good luck with sale 

Thank you!

The transmissions* (tranny is kind of an anti-transgender slur at this point, let's please all be better about choosing other words) are not known to be failure-prone. They are the ZF8 which is in everything now, and the transmission used in the V8 Mopars is a beefed-up version built by Chrysler (Pentastar vehicles use the actual ZF built by ZF). 

My truck had a weird "thump" going into Reverse when it was cold with cold fluids. I just brought it in and asked if that was normal behavior, and the dealership didn't want to diagnose much so they threw a whole new transmission in it.

5/4/21 10:04 a.m.
karplus2 said:

That's a good looking truck! Makes  me wish I was in the market for one. GLWS!

Thanks! It was the ONLY color I wanted and came to me very well-kept. I've just driven it and kept it clean.

Loweguy5 (Forum Supporter)
Loweguy5 (Forum Supporter) Reader
5/8/21 6:33 a.m.

May I suggest Carvava?  I sold then my 2020 Mustang GT and right now they are paying moon money for everything with wheels.

5/10/21 2:34 p.m.
Loweguy5 (Forum Supporter) said:

May I suggest Carvava?  I sold then my 2020 Mustang GT and right now they are paying moon money for everything with wheels.

I've been working quotes with Carvana and Vroom and they have been pretty favorable. I don't need to sell the truck immediately so figured I'd try and get private-party money for it if I can. Waiting on a few meetings/calls in the next couple of weeks to really decide what I do as my next tow pig may be a content-creator for Out Motorsports and thus, what I buy would be influenced by that. I may also just keep this and pay it off. I dunno.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ATNe1SZTZ8OTBcib2v1XGo5gQsltiK4vzCsmLNMVSIbDwyjNWeA3jP0qVZ2Whn3N